BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
jakob1m
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Best carbon supplier

Just bought a 1M the other day and keen to upgrade the exterior with some carbon parts:

Fron splitter
Trunk wing
Diffuser
Mirrors

There us a bunch of different suppliers for Carbon and I have read several different topics in here with various opinions.

However, I was wondering which carbon supplier you guys think makes the best quality and good looking parts. Supplier I been looking at are:

BMW performance (mirrors)
Revozport (all parts, but the diffuser in particular)
Vorsteiner
Kerscher

First I was going to order all parts from Revozport, but then I read some bad feeback (and some positive) about them here in the forum. Since all parts are made in China I though I look around what the other suppliers have to offer.

Anyways, before I make up my mind it would be great to know your guys opinion.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
Curare86
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakob1m View Post
Just bought a 1M the other day and keen to upgrade the exterior with some carbon parts:

Front splitter
Trunk wing
Diffuser
Mirrors

There us a bunch of different suppliers for Carbon and I have read several different topics in here with various opinions.

However, I was wondering which carbon supplier you guys think makes the best quality and good looking parts. Supplier I been looking at are:

Vorsteiner
Kerscher

First I was going to order all parts from Revozport, but then I read some bad feeback (and some positive) about them here in the forum. Since all parts are made in China I though I look around what the other suppliers have to offer.

Thanks.
what bad feedback have you heard about revozport? Ive never seen it, and love my hood and diffuser. vorsteiner is a maaaassive ripofff. even compared to the others
you could also consider alpha-n if you think revozport diffuser is too ricey. Prices are higher, but most people have said fit& finish is spot on. Exception being Ian with his shocking diffuser. Don't know if they ever got to the bottom of that one..

Last edited by Curare86; 12-25-2013 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
what bad feedback have you heard about revozport? Ive never seen it, and love my hood and diffuser. vorsteiner is a maaaassive ripofff. even compared to the others
you could also consider alpha-n if you think revozport diffuser is too ricey. Prices are higher, but most people have said fit& finish is spot on. Exception being Ian with his shocking diffuser. Don't know if they ever got to the bottom of that one..
+1. Alpha-N and Slek should make your list rather than Kerscher and Vorsteiner. German Tuningwerk also had equal quality and high priced cf parts.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakob1m View Post

Fron splitter
Trunk wing
Diffuser
Mirrors

Vorsteiner
Kerscher

Thanks.
contact ken@revozport.com

PERFECT fitment and carbon fiber that doesn't fade and original design parts. the fake revozport stuff from china is what's horrible, stay away from that stuff but the original revozport stuff is perfect. ask @ilikebmxbikes who has had a lot of their parts as well, but revozport truly stands above the rest of the other suppliers in terms of their product line up for the 1M IMHO

Last edited by EINSER M; 12-27-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
If you want parts made in the USA then look into the SleK 1M kit. Everything is manufactured in California.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Revozport is the best in design, weave and fitment. There are some nice alternatives but nothing comes close to revozport in my opinion.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
Revozport is the best in design, weave and fitment. There are some nice alternatives but nothing comes close to revozport in my opinion.
Is your difusor finished in matt rather than gloss? That's how I always wanted to order it till I saw their GT kit teaser.

By the way, I've send them an e-mail asking about the availibility of buying their soon to come 1M Raze GT rear difusor (from wide body kit), the reply was a categoric "no", saying it will be sold only as a part of the kit. Also, don't know if that kit will be applicable on 1Ms since it will be available for all E82s. That was sad news for me, but I am hoping I can convince them selling one to me buy offering some stupid cash or a free trip to South America etc.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #8
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo
Quote:
Is your difusor finished in matt rather than gloss? That's how I always wanted to order it till I saw their GT kit teaser.

By the way, I've send them an e-mail asking about the availibility of buying their soon to come 1M Raze GT rear difusor (from wide body kit), the reply was a categoric "no", saying it will be sold only as a part of the kit. Also, don't know if that kit will be applicable on 1Ms since it will be available for all E82s. That was sad news for me, but I am hoping I can convince them selling one to me buy offering some stupid cash or a free trip to South America etc.
The 1M Raze GT is an entire stand alone widebody kit. It will fit all e82 but it will require cutting your rear arches which would be a shame to do to a true 1M. I have seen the concept photos and participated in some of the early development in the 3d scanning. Revozport is now doing 3d scans of cars and modeling everything digitally instead of using clay. They can design and build kits faster with higher precision with the new technology.

The 1M Raze Gt diffuser is designed for the 1M Raze GT bumper which is super wide to mate up the widened rear arches. It won't work on your 1M bumper. I will say the kit is pretty aggressive and completely overhauls an e82. The new hood, trunk and wing will be compatible with all e82. They are primarily designing the kit for race application but it will be available to consumers. The kit is super wide, three vents on the hood similar to the old vorsteiner hood but updated and rear brake ducts in the huge rear arches. It is bad ass.

All my CF is satin 2x2 but they have gloss and 1x1 available. If you want any photos of any of the other finishes or of parts on the cars let me know.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 07:14 AM   #9
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
The 1M Raze GT is an entire stand alone widebody kit. It will fit all e82 but it will require cutting your rear arches which would be a shame to do to a true 1M. I have seen the concept photos and participated in some of the early development in the 3d scanning. Revozport is now doing 3d scans of cars and modeling everything digitally instead of using clay. They can design and build kits faster with higher precision with the new technology.

The 1M Raze Gt diffuser is designed for the 1M Raze GT bumper which is super wide to mate up the widened rear arches. It won't work on your 1M bumper. I will say the kit is pretty aggressive and completely overhauls an e82. The new hood, trunk and wing will be compatible with all e82. They are primarily designing the kit for race application but it will be available to consumers. The kit is super wide, three vents on the hood similar to the old vorsteiner hood but updated and rear brake ducts in the huge rear arches. It is bad ass.

All my CF is satin 2x2 but they have gloss and 1x1 available. If you want any photos of any of the other finishes or of parts on the cars let me know.
Thanks, I appreciate the detailed info. This means I can really forget about the new diffuser and if I continue keeping the car go for their actual diffuser instead of waiting for a miracle (like they make a version of new diffuser which would fit 1M bumper bolt-on, looks so much better imo).

I bet we could easily get 10 1M owners if not more for THAT diffuser right away, maybe a one-off batch for 1M owners, even if price would be more than their actual diffuser and they would need a deposit or pre-payment in full. Many would love the idea of having the best and distinct diffuser.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 12-31-2013 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #10
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo
Quote:

Thanks, I appreciate the detailed info. This means I can really forget about the new diffuser and if I continue keeping the car go for their actual diffuser instead of waiting for a miracle (like they make a version of new diffuser which would fit 1M bumper bolt-on, looks so much better imo).

I bet we could easily get 10 1M owners if not more for THAT diffuser right away, maybe a one-off batch for 1M owners, even if price would be more than their actual diffuser and they would need a deposit or pre-payment in full. Many would love the idea of having the best and distinct diffuser.
Revozport can make whatever people want if there is enough demand - but the batch size will be reflected in the price.

1M Specific CF and mods are in low demand these days. People just have either finished modding their 1m's or people are keeping them stock. Most companies have switched to made-to-order or discontinued the programs. ( vorsteiner and akra are no longer supporting the 1m)
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 02:16 PM   #11
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Revozport can make whatever people want if there is enough demand - but the batch size will be reflected in the price.

1M Specific CF and mods are in low demand these days. People just have either finished modding their 1m's or people are keeping them stock. Most companies have switched to made-to-order or discontinued the programs. ( vorsteiner and akra are no longer supporting the 1m)
I did not get that exact impression from Eric's (Revozport) reply, it was a simple and cold "no"but maybe it is better I ask it again. I will ask availibility and price for a solo unit (for me) as well as for 5,10 and 20 size batches. I will share their answer here.

EDIT: The answer is still a No. No availibility for a one-off, for a batch of whatever size, for whatever price; just as a kit.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 01-02-2014 at 06:55 AM..
Appreciate 0