BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-23-2017, 07:55 PM   #23
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgensen54 View Post
Dackel, you're such a speedster. I've barely touched 120mph in my 1er... So I have no idea what kind of parts I'll be losing if I exceeded that (glued on homemade CF spoiler )
Well... it helps when you live in a civilised country with no speed limit Autobahns...

But it's not so much what parts you loose at those speeds(I've never lost anything on my car) but in the summer months... those damn bugs are really brutal when driving over 210 kph!! Plus you need to clean them off your car within a few days... bc they eat into your paint.

You always know when someone has been driving fast... and you see all the dead bug guts... not so much on the windshield/bumpers/mirrors but on the front side windows!! Really.... the mirrors kill the bug and then some bug guts get smeared across the side windows. lol

My slightly tuned 135i will do 285 kph(real speed via GPS)... but I am sure I have gone a few kph's faster... maybe 290ish. I think I have seen 6,600 rpms in 6th before... but with no GPS on board... and I am not gonna look at my speedo when doing those sorts of speeds! First video was doing a "reasonable" 274 kph while filming "safely"...

This one was playing with a tuned M235i on the A7...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #24
Jorgensen54
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW/AG 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Well... it helps when you live in a civilised country with no speed limit Autobahns...

But it's not so much what parts you loose at those speeds(I've never lost anything on my car) but in the summer months... those damn bugs are really brutal when driving over 210 kph!! Plus you need to clean them off your car within a few days... bc they eat into your paint.

You always know when someone has been driving fast... and you see all the dead bug guts... not so much on the windshield/bumpers/mirrors but on the front side windows!! Really.... the mirrors kill the bug and then some bug guts get smeared across the side windows. lol

My slightly tuned 135i will do 285 kph(real speed via GPS)... but I am sure I have gone a few kph's faster... maybe 290ish. I think I have seen 6,600 rpms in 6th before... but with no GPS on board... and I am not gonna look at my speedo when doing those sorts of speeds! First video was doing a "reasonable" 274 kph while filming "safely"...

This one was playing with a tuned M235i on the A7...
These are awesome. I haven't even come close to these speeds in any of the cars I've owned! But like you said... Autobahns

It's so impressive what these I-6 cars can do.. especially with some bolt ons.