BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
haggomyeggo
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

fair price on an 08 135i

Ive been lurking around for a bit on here to learn all I can about the 1ers

Looks like im going to be picking up a red 08 135i 6M tomorrow. car has 36k mi on it

price being asked is 23937 odd number i know but i have a saved webpage that they posted a while back listing the car for 22,800. hopefully I can get them to honor that price. but either way what do we think

the car has a set of older smaller BMW wheels with Blizzaks on it now but I have a good line on a set of stock 08 BMW wheels and tires so not too worried on that front.

Called the BMW dealer it was sold at talked to service dept.
2 HPFP done 1 at 4k mi 2 at 9k nothing since.
had injector replaced at 25k
with the low mileage it seems the guy was on about a yearly service interval.
another one should be due in july sometime according to the SA

factory warranty and service plan applies till late sept.

any opinions on price or anything?
I asked about the wastegate acuator/ turbo thing SA said they have had a couple but nothing he remembers on this car. They should be able to take a look at the next service if im worried...But didnt BMW extend the warranty on this?

thanks for all opinions
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
the warranty is extended on the waste gate rattle.

for $22,800 that car would be a really good deal especially with warranty remaining until september. What is the overall condition of the car?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
haggomyeggo
Rep

car is in great shape. Was driven by a Dr who now has an M car of some kind. The SA let that slip about the same time he almost said the guys full name. The SA was familiar with the particular car and said the guy took very good care of it.

The interior is a light gray...wasnt so sure i liked it but at least i wont be so hot like black...trying to find the silver lining (no pun intended)

There are several velcro strips inside the edges of the engine bay. Im thinking the guy had a bra on the car? any opinions? I am going to check the front closely if its in really good condition, almost no chips at all, i might have a clear bra put on.

basically i think the price reflects that it comes with not original wheels No TPMS and winter tires. The dealer said they have had the car quite a while and would like to move it I guess.
Again I have a good local line on a set of the 5 spoke 2008 135 rims with TPMS in them for a good price so im not so worried about the wheels and tires...

any more opinions?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #4
BillOne
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggomyeggo View Post
Ive been lurking around for a bit on here to learn all I can about the 1ers

Looks like im going to be picking up a red 08 135i 6M tomorrow. car has 36k mi on it

price being asked is 23937 odd number i know but i have a saved webpage that they posted a while back listing the car for 22,800. hopefully I can get them to honor that price. but either way what do we think

the car has a set of older smaller BMW wheels with Blizzaks on it now but I have a good line on a set of stock 08 BMW wheels and tires so not too worried on that front.

Called the BMW dealer it was sold at talked to service dept.
2 HPFP done 1 at 4k mi 2 at 9k nothing since.
had injector replaced at 25k
with the low mileage it seems the guy was on about a yearly service interval.
another one should be due in july sometime according to the SA

factory warranty and service plan applies till late sept.

any opinions on price or anything?
I asked about the wastegate acuator/ turbo thing SA said they have had a couple but nothing he remembers on this car. They should be able to take a look at the next service if im worried...But didnt BMW extend the warranty on this?

thanks for all opinions
Check to see what packages it has, if any(sport/premium, ect.). Depending on what the car came with you might be able to use that knowledge to get a better deal. $24k for 2008 in very good condition with 35-45k on it is the fair market value.

Don't pay more unless it has exactly what you want. If you get it for less than $24k then you are coming out way ahead. I hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
haggomyeggo
Rep

its got the sport pack based on the
M shift knob and bumpers?

it has heated seats. and i understand all 135i's have bluetooth? both important things to me.

I think Im going to be pretty happy.
Seems BMW go the HPFP thing figured out since the last one was at 9k and now 25k later and no more problems and the wastegate thing has more warranty past the factory one.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #6
BillOne
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggomyeggo View Post
its got the sport pack based on the
M shift knob and bumpers?

it has heated seats. and i understand all 135i's have bluetooth? both important things to me.

I think Im going to be pretty happy.
Seems BMW go the HPFP thing figured out since the last one was at 9k and now 25k later and no more problems and the wastegate thing has more warranty past the factory one.

I wouldn't worry about the HPFP at all. Yes, that's the sports package. Heated seats sounds like the preminum package as well. Can someone else confirm this? I don't have heated seats on my 08...

It seems like a very good deal then. I'd buy it before someone else comes along!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
haggomyeggo
Rep

apparently the car has been at that dealer for awhile. I dont think many people care for the fact its a manual, I guess??.... There arent a lot of 1ers around anyway. People probably think its a half assed Bimmer

I like the styling better than a 335 so thats why I liked the little 1er....does everything I need.

actually here is the link for the ad
just no one go buy it before tomorrow!!!

http:/http://www.cars.com/go/search/...nal&listType=1
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

Get an independant inspection-someone who owns one already in your area. Consider joining BMWCCA; someone there will surely help you out.
Appreciate 0