BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #23
Kontra
Private
Rep
Drives: N51 128i

This just started happening to me (50k~ miles). Usually after I'm in the car for longer than half an hour, listening to my phone through aux cable and I suddenly lose all sound. Radio doesn't work either, waiting it out sucks but it comes back eventually. Starting/stopping my car didn't work, next time it happens I'll try the seatbelt trick to see if I have any luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #24
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

No nav here. But, with mine the radio screen goes blank (off) for about 5 seconds along with the sound and then the radio just comes back on by itself.

This has been happening for about 2 years now.. and does not happen everyday. I'm out of warranty and will not be paying for a new radio.. but this seems to be a BMW SW problem.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #25
Malm
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i once upon a time...

BUMP!

I have zero sound. No seatbelt or cold weather dings and nothing from the radio or any aux. input. (though the display and buttons all appear to be functioning properly)

I have had it happen before and the sound mysteriously came back on its own... either after a restart of the car or perhaps a seatbelt ding (tried that trick already... no luck, still no sound)

Is this a fuse perhaps? Is it the amp? Anyone solved this mystery yet? I read further up in the thread that this was a $1300 repair at the dealer. Is there an aftermarket fix to this?

Unfortunately I have a 7-8 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow.. going to be very long with no sound....

HELP!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #26
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

I'm interested too. The next time I go in for service, I will ask about the SW update. That should be free.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 05:22 PM   #27
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

@PA135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malm View Post

Unfortunately I have a 7-8 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow.. going to be very long with no sound....

HELP!
I would try disconnecting(neg - terminal) your car battery for ten minutes and then reconnecting it. That might work. ?

Dack
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #28
nacaruh
FOUO
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

I'm having a similar issue, except I get a SOS/No Bluetooth error code... And this happened when I was removing/installing my center console. I'm pretty sure I didn't tamper with the electrical wires, and everything was in place. I get no indicator light when I start the car. (Driver side panel, male/female connecter with the 2 black wires) And it is very frustrating... I'm going to check if it is fact the fuse itself that went out...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 01:32 PM   #29
MarkkyyMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Did anyone ever figure anything out on these issues?

I have had my car for 4 years, my radio never missed a beat. Had the most recent BMW software uploaded a week ago and now my radio is very tempermental..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #30
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Is there anything in your trunk? I have had a problem where my radio will turn on, but there is no sound, and I can change the mode, but it immediately goes back to the mode it was last on. turning on/off does not fix it. When you turn the car off, the chime is super loud as well when this happens.

For me it seems to happen when I have too much weight in the trunk and I guess it pushes down one of the floor panels back there too much? I don't know for sure because it doesn't look like anything can be pushed down enough to cause a problem with the battery. But what do you know, when you remove whatever is in the trunk, problem solved. But lately I've had the issue when there has been nothing in the trunk but that is only 1/10 times I'd say.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #31
bdazzle2112
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328 i

Radio turns on and off SAT grey

I have a 2008 328i, just recently I received an SOS error code, and then my SAT option is grey. Took it to my repair person, can't figure it out. He did a hard wire reset (disconnecting the battery), still nothing. Now my radio turns on and off. I had a Deka battery put in 2/2014, cheaper than the dealer, but now wondering if that has something to do with it…
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 06:38 AM   #32
leungsta
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: R8 V10 / Cayenne GTS / Model 3

Another dead end thread....

I've had this issue come up this week. Radio "works" but no sound..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #33
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Its the MOST system in the trunk. I lt has a little BT symbol on it. This happened to me a little while ago. Bought new one off ebay, installed it and voila sounds and Satellite radio showed back up.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 03:35 AM   #34
hampuscarlsson
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d 2006

Same for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrayu View Post
I have the same problem as you guys BUT the weird thing now (since the last week, before Christmas) is that I don't have any more sound (radio, cd, alarms, parking system, dongs, etc, etc), the radio appears to be ok (it turns on), but the bluetooth went off and can't make it work again and the parking alarm can't hear it.

All audio went off, all kinds of audio.
Bluetooth module doesn't appear anymore in the screen.

My guess is that maybe the MOST is not working or the logic 7 amp burned or something like that is interrupting the MOST network, what do you think about it?
If you have any ideas could be great.
Iv'e had the same problem. Did you figure out what was wrong?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 03:38 AM   #35
hampuscarlsson
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d 2006

Same for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malm View Post
I have zero sound. No seatbelt or cold weather dings and nothing from the radio or any aux. input. (though the display and buttons all appear to be functioning properly)

I have had it happen before and the sound mysteriously came back on its own... either after a restart of the car or perhaps a seatbelt ding (tried that trick already... no luck, still no sound)

Is this a fuse perhaps? Is it the amp? Anyone solved this mystery yet? I read further up in the thread that this was a $1300 repair at the dealer. Is there an aftermarket fix to this?

HELP!
I have the same problem, did you figure out what was wrong?
Appreciate 0