BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #1
kookieshk
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: AW BMW E82 1M

Question: Painting parts + ordering OEM parts

Hate to do this, but this is my first post in the 1M forum, and it is a question to ask all the professional/veterans in this field to help me out a little.

So in about a month, I'll be a happy new owner of my first 1 series and my first M car. I have a short list of things that I would like to do to the 1M, however, I have no idea how I can start to prepare to do something like this, so I ask the kind people of this board for some help. And yes, I've searched but have not yet found anything that would be able to help.

My question is that I would like to paint the intake areas (specifically the front left and right air curtain areas), and have no idea whats behind the front and back bumpers. I've thought about painting the middle two intakes, but I have gotten some comment from friends that have swerved me towards saying no. So I've decided to keep it less messy and keep it simple.

Basically, I just want a hint of blue to show in the front and the back (see attached pic - areas want to paint are the black areas inside the blue circles that I have highlighted). I have no idea if I can even paint these parts, but I think its worth a shot, and hopefully someone on this board can help.

If I can paint those parts that I want to (even if its not too visible), whats behind the bumpers? Can I order the part behind the bumper so I can get them painted first?

Thank you so much in advance, any help would be great!

-kookieshk.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I'd use high quality vinyl and avoid painting.

Neil
Appreciate 0