BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #45
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Ahh, too bad oss design is not located in Cali. I really want to do it but don't want to hassle with shipping my headlight and stuff. Any recommendation or other solution? It looks really nice in your BSM!
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #46
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 19 View Post
Ahh, too bad oss design is not located in Cali. I really want to do it but don't want to hassle with shipping my headlight and stuff. Any recommendation or other solution? It looks really nice in your BSM!
There is nothing that compares in my opinion. It seems like a really big hassle but you could have it done in a week worst case start to finish. It changes the car so much! You need to ask yourself how badly do you want those ambers gone? There are members on here that live in Switzerland and are sending their lights in, that's is like the most radical scenario and it is being done! That is dedication and should only inspire you I say go for it!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #47
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13
Quote:
There is nothing that compares in my opinion. It seems like a really big hassle but you could have it done in a week worst case start to finish. It changes the car so much! You need to ask yourself how badly do you want those ambers gone? There are members on here that live in Switzerland and are sending their lights in, that's is like the most radical scenario and it is being done! That is dedication and should only inspire you I say go for it!
I do really like it and want it but the hassle little bit bothers me. I will convince myself for sure. At first looking at lux to reduce the hassle but can't keep my mind out of oss. Damn, it's so gorgeous! I'll pretty much do what you did since that's the best choice with amber gone. Hopefully my 135i can be your 1M little brother with the same black grilles that I already install. Thanks!
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #48
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I do really like it and want it but the hassle little bit bothers me. I will convince myself for sure. At first looking at lux to reduce the hassle but can't keep my mind out of oss. Damn, it's so gorgeous! I'll pretty much do what you did since that's the best choice with amber gone. Hopefully my 135i can be your 1M little brother with the same black grilles that I already install. Thanks!
I almost did the Lux amber! My mind set was the cliche saying , "if you can not beat them join them." I thought since I could not rid the orange ambers I might as well try and blend with them. But the car/ lights off was still a huge problem for me. Having a black car and the orange contrasting against just looks very outdated especially compared to the newer vehicle line up. I really appreciate and am honored by your kind words! I opted out of the lux for one reason or another, one being, the money can be put towards OSS headlights instead. Be a little patient and do it right I told myself. But that's just me!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #49
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13
Quote:
I almost did the Lux amber! My mind set was the cliche saying , "if you can not beat them join them." I thought since I could not rid the orange ambers I might as well try and blend with them. But the car/ lights off was still a huge problem for me. Having a black car and the orange contrasting against just looks very outdated especially compared to the newer vehicle line up. I really appreciate and am honored by your kind words! I opted out of the lux for one reason or another, one being, the money can be put towards OSS headlights instead. Be a little patient and do it right I told myself. But that's just me!
That's what I'm thinking at first but the other crazy option that will waste much more money is order the euro headlight and put lux on it. Eventually I decide to pending my mod for the headlight because I found some members were having problem with adaptive after install AE aftermarket. By the way, is there any problem with your oss? Do you mind sharing the total cost? Does your adaptive working flawlessly? Just PM me if it bothers you to answer in public.

Thanks for your explanation man!

Carlo
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #50
Maeiourk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Love this!

I'm local, and I can't wait to do mine. I already contacted OSS before, told them I'm doing mines around February. The only problem I had as to why I haven't done this yet is the fact that I won't be able to drive my car when they have my headlight. They told me they have a swapping of the headlight program, but for E90s only. I wonder if they have it on the E80s already... Maybe I should contact them.. Can't wait.. I didn't know there are other options like yours! I thought everything is going to be like the AW you posted. That was the picture they showed to me before.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #51
Mnime
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

The DIY mod is called a Joey mod. Put it in your search engine and you'll come up with all different sites with the "how too" on different car makes. I didn't see anything for a 1 series but its a interesting DIY if you are brave and handy enough to do it. I'm sure many of the steps would be somewhat the same for a 1M.

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Meisterschaft, N55 mids, AFE CAI, ER Charge, Wagner IC
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #52
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Wow this looks amazing.
      02-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #53
MaDoNiOn
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 130i E81

Garage List
Op car looks awsome man! and the white 1m looks amazing! since i love the colour white .

Bmw 135i Convertable White...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #54
jsivadas
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Car looks amazing! You sold me on getting this conversion done. Going to contact OSS and see if it's possible to bring my headlights with me while I'm on vacation to get them done lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #55
ZA_1M
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Is this mod an option on euro spec headlights?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #56
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZA_1M View Post
Is this mod an option on euro spec headlights?
Yes, same process.
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #57
Acidblast
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1 Series M Coupé

how come the bottom of the outer ring doesn't light up?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #58
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidblast View Post
If you were to look at any of the close up pictures, or even walk outside to your garage or driveway w.e. and look at your car, you would be able to see that is not part of the light, but actually a trim piece within the headlight, friend. That piece is never part of the light nor lights up to begin with! It may just appear that way stock, because it is originally in chrome finish, so it reflects when the lights are on I assume? Mine is now satin black and may just be more apparent/ obvious when the lights are on. Now go walk outside and look at your car and have a look for youself ! I do not know if that piece has something to do with holding the ring in place but is made to appear that way. Maybe someone can explain the design behind that?
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #59
Acidblast
Second Lieutenant
Rep

bmw13 thanks for clearing that up. I would go check my car but I have it stored away for the winter. Once the weather is nicer I will definitely check it out. It makes sense that since you had it painted satin black that it would stand out more.

I was browsing the owner's thread to find pics of the headlights and came across these pics which looks like the bottom of the outer ring is lighted up. I hope the owners don't mind I borrowed their pics.

bmw13 once again thanks for the response and for clearing up my confusion. This is a mod that is at the top of my list.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #60
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidblast View Post
bmw13 thanks for clearing that up. I would go check my car but I have it stored away for the winter. Once the weather is nicer I will definitely check it out. It makes sense that since you had it painted satin black that it would stand out more.

I was browsing the owner's thread to find pics of the headlights and came across these pics which looks like the bottom of the outer ring is lighted up. I hope the owners don't mind I borrowed their pics.

bmw13 once again thanks for the response and for clearing up my confusion. This is a mod that is at the top of my list.
Ahh, a stored 1er...such a special site to see! My friend has his VO in storage and I get taken back everytime I see it! Although you miss out on driving it, do not feel left out! Your 1er is waiting for you to driver her, and hard at that! Those pictures you shared are prime/ perfect examples, and thanks for doing so! I too hope they do not mind but, regardless we all need to remember that this is a place where we help one another! I am surprised to see how much the chrome reflects light off, it really does appear to almost be connected until you give it that extra good look! Thanks again for sharing!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #61
Acidblast
Second Lieutenant
Rep

ya i'm in Toronto right now. We got hit hard last Friday with a snow storm like much of the north east USA. I cannot and will not subject my 1M to the amount of salt that they use on the roads up here. So I just tucked the 1M away for winter and i'll see her in the spring.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #62
bromandude
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

why diddnt you guys get the LCI strip done in the same lights as the angel eyes? i was quoted that for just like 70 dollars more.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #63
Acidblast
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromandude View Post
why diddnt you guys get the LCI strip done in the same lights as the angel eyes? i was quoted that for just like 70 dollars more.
i'm guessing because the eyebrow (LCI strip) is already LED. that's just my guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #64
bromandude
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

yes but OSS said it would match the angel eyes 100% if you paid for him to do that as well...just would look way cleaner.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #65
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromandude View Post
It was not available yet I would love to see that option!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #66
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidblast
In case this bothers you, he has modified it so the ring can/ will be continued all the way around. I like mine personally and will be leaving them alone but for those of you out there who want a complete ring the option IS available!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
Appreciate 0