BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #67
morgenmuffel
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice13water View Post
get a civic si or a altima coupe that what ima do cause im not gonna be able to work as many hours with school
Can someone translate this please.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 03:53 PM   #68
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgenmuffel View Post

:bs:
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 01:24 AM   #69
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 08:29 AM   #70
135i_
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em_What? View Post
well i'm 23 and I know how it felt like to be bashed for being a young driver back when I was 17 so i am totally supporting you to get that 135i!

As for professional racing school, i think that should come at a later time. The thing is, if soccer moms or trophy wives could handle high powered RWD BMWs, I don't see any reason how this kid couldn't handle it. And I'm sure lot of those moms or trophy wives have never been to driving school before getting in their cars.
Wow... what an ignorant post. Apparently the fact that at the very least the soccer moms and trophy wives have years of driving experience already under their belt means nothing.

You're comparing a brand new driver to people who have at least been driving for a decent amount of years. Also apparently the accident rates for young drivers are equally as meaningless to you.

Apart from that, no one is saying that "trophy wives and soccer moms" could handle the car.

In my opinion, if you have any plans on pushing the limits of this car a performance driving school is a must. Certainly not something to be put off for later. There is no measure to how much a driving school can increase your driving ability. That means safer driving and makes driving more fun as well. I grew up around driving schools (my dad was a frequent participant/instructor at the schools) and started going to them myself when I was old enough.

Also, saying that simply because he is younger the car is dangerous for him may not be true. While I agree that for the vast majority of teenagers it is true, not all teenagers are bad drivers. When I was 16, our E36 M3 was a safer car for me (my dad is the one who made that point, not me) than most other cars BECAUSE it had that acceleration and speed. I knew how to handle the car and could get where I wanted on the road when I wanted, to avoid an accident for example.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 11:20 AM   #71
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote me on this one. A parent would have to be stupid to hand a 16year old the keys to an underrated 300hp BMW 135i. Dont even bother asking kid. Tack some years under your belt first. Honestly. I've seen so many sad stories and you dont want to be one of them. Its not really the price that worries me but the speed. I mean my little brother got a brand new 34k truck as a first car. A truck I hate parking to this day. He's now 18 and can drive that thing better than any of us. I would trust him more with a 135i than a 16year old.
      08-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #72
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
This supposedly 14 y.o. kid signed up and posted in 2 threads in less than 3 minutes. I'm betting it's a BS thread anyway. If it's not BS, then it's just some kiddie that was bored yesterday.
This still rings true. Probably better off just letting this thread die the horrible death that it deserves.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #73
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #74
thesacrifice
Registered
Rep
Drives:

I firmly believe that a 16 year old has no business in any car and that the driving age should be raised to 18 for all. As far as asking for a new car for your 16th birthday being too much....I guess you come from some really rich blood...lucky you. Go be a kid while you still have the chance.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #75
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

A 16 year old kid can drive whatever he/she wants... if he pays for it. Having now bought my own car, I can say that you will never appreciate or respect your car until you pay for it yourself.
      08-31-2007, 03:00 AM   #76
menotakoala
Future Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: Civic Si Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgenmuffel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice13water
get a civic si or a altima coupe that what ima do cause im not gonna be able to work as many hours with school

Mr. T here will translate for you:

Translated means: "Because of school, I will not be able to work as much as I would like to. Therefore I will not be able to afford a 1 series right off the bat and will be resorting to purchasing a Civic Si or the Altima coupe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Motor Co.
Dear Joe, unfortunately, our service technicians were unable to reproduce the problem that you mentioned. Therefore, we will be unable to perform any work that you claim is necessary. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #77
tubbypwnz
I hope i get a 135i
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazitp View Post
Of course not. most of them don't have licenses for these parties because they were too busy bawling about how their mom brought the wrong color nail polish and how their life (not just the day) is ruined to go to the DMV and sit in line with all the poor people.

some of you guys are real dicks to me, like seriously, when you were 16, didn't you really want a kick ass car? all my neighbors are getting nice cars, why not me? i am currently working for a company, i got a job, thnx to all the idiots who posted on this post, i seriusly you shuld think back when u were 16. and im forealz abotu the 135 for my 16th b-day k thnx :respekt:
      11-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #78
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbypwnz View Post
some of you guys are real dicks to me, like seriously, when you were 16, didn't you really want a kick ass car? all my neighbors are getting nice cars, why not me? i am currently working for a company, i got a job, thnx to all the idiots who posted on this post, i seriusly you shuld think back when u were 16. and im forealz abotu the 135 for my 16th b-day k thnx :respekt:
It's irrelevant what you are, your attitude indicates you should not be driving a 300hp car, and a 128 just won't cut it in OC. I would look for a 328i. or a 330i and pay at least 25%.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #79
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I'm with you little brother......my kid, who will be 16 in 4 years after I buy the 135, will be receiving it meticulously maintained......Only difference is youre getting it new.....I hope youre a good kid , like the White Stripes, and an "A" student...the 3 commandments all kids should live by.....otherwise you dont deserve it....also, make your parents proud, make wise choices and take care of them when theyre old and feable-that's what I'm hoping for from my kid....I got my ass handed to me on a similar thread recently......dont sweat it

Dont listen to the jealous shits on this board who think youre going to wrap it around a tree---- you could do that with a Civic or Scion Tc as well....

=
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #80
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
i am currently working for a company, i got a job, thnx
Great! I guess that means you can afford to buy a 135i for yourself!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #81
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ster View Post
Great! I guess that means you can afford to buy a 135i for yourself!
that's for real estate investing....cars are for dad's to buy

=
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 07:26 PM   #82
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

I've been a really good boy this year. I hadn't even considered asking my Dad to pony up for my 135i. Genius!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 07:32 PM   #83
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
I've been a really good boy this year. I hadn't even considered asking my Dad to pony up for my 135i. Genius!
you should ask your dad.....but first, remember the 3 commandments, and maybe your wish will be granted: A) you have to be a good kid B) You must like The White Stripes and C) Be an "A" student.....if you fall short on any one of these, you don't deserve your 135......

=
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #84
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
you should ask your dad.....but first, remember the 3 commandments, and maybe your wish will be granted: A) you have to be a good kid B) You must like The White Stripes and C) Be an "A" student.....if you fall short on any one of these, you don't deserve your 135......
Check, check, and check. As long as it doesn't matter that I'm 35, I think I'm in! :headbang:
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #85
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracka View Post
Check, check, and check. As long as it doesn't matter that I'm 35, I think I'm in! :headbang:
it doesnt matter.....call your dad and ask.....you've made your bones.....

=
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #86
ARES45
Major
Rep
Drives:

Will you adopt me Tesla? Just kidding, love my Dad but this would be beyond his means even though his hobby vehicle costs 250k and he really only drives it a month a year.

I doubt this thread is for real, but damn it parenting is hard. I wouldn't know personally, but its hard enough that I don't even wish to apply for that job. My point is this, I bet everyone giving advice to a kid who has no choice in how his parents raise him could really focus their judging inward and work to improve their own parenting abilities. Not calling anyone poor parents but there is alway room to improve if your paying attention. I said it before on another thread, a fast bmw is safer than the not fast car I bought on my own when I was 16 because it was what I could afford and my brother made me a good deal on it. Young drivers will make mistakes, let them do it in a safe vehicle.
      11-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #87
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

[quote=ARES45;33180] My point is this, I bet everyone giving advice to a kid who has no choice in how his parents raise him could really focus their judging inward and work to improve their own parenting abilities.quote]

A parent often raises their children based on the experiences they encountered growing up...this is why so many abused become abusers...My parents sucked, yet they thankfully didnt physically abuse me, only mentally and verbally.....Thus,in my case,I found the will to do the direct opposite as my parents when it comes to raising my kids, and things have worked out fine.....I disagree with you though about kids having no choice on how their parents raise them.....I cant speak for other parents, but raising my kids, "you get what you give"......I can be their best friend or worst enemy, their choice.....good kids, good grades, they get the world....the opposite, God help them......actually, I cant think of any better way to parent my kids.....

=
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #88
kamakazitp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 Celica

Quote:
I still think you're a troll, but grats on quoting my comment that was referring specifically to the kids on "my super sweet 16". anyone who thinks these kids arent wastes of oxygen need to killed, along with the kids.

teslaastro, I hope your kid doesnt kill himself or one of his friends. I know the statistics, and regardless of whether or not the kid is an "A" student, I've seen firsthand multiple times what happens when an inexperienced driver is placed in a very powerful car that they haven't learned to control, no matter how "safe" it is perceived to be. I wish you and your kid the best, but I wouldn't be rolling the dice with my child's life on the line.

I also feel a lot of kids these days are never forced to earn things for themselves. I feel certain things should be earned. I'll probably buy my kid a car at the appropriate age, but it won't be a performance luxury sports sedan. It'll be practical, safe, and reliable. If he/she wants a nicer car, they will have the opportunity to go to college, get a job, and buy one for themselves. I find people appreciate their posessions more when they are earned, not handed to them.

Lastly, don't take this as me critiquing your parenting decisions. I'm simply stating how my opinions differ, for discussions sake. Everyone should have the right to make their own choices, and you should do whatever you think is right. I just hope you never have to regret those decisions, so I wish you and your kid the best of luck and that you have many trouble-free biturbo-powered miles ahead of you.
Appreciate 0