BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

Product Showcase: Menzerna Fast Gloss 400

We were able to get some Menzerna Fast Gloss 400 in to test out. Take a look at the results below.

Manufacturer's Description

Menzerna Fast Gloss FG 400 the very latest outstanding compounding polish from Menzerna.
Menzerna Fast Gloss FG 400 contains even more ultra fine abrasive so can now remove sanding marks up to 1200 grit whilst at the same time producing exceptional levels of gloss. We have found this to be a truly exceptional product when used by either Dual Action or Rotary polisher, quickly removing swirls and scratches even on tough paints leaving a truly exceptional level of gloss for such a correction compound.

Like all products from Menzerna, Fast Gloss is free of silicone and fillers so therefore results are permanent.

Product Highlights:

- More abrasiveness: Elimination of sanding marks of grit 1200 ultra fast
- High gloss: Within one-step process creation of impeccable high gloss
- One-step polish: Saving time due to one-step process with high abrasiveness and high gloss
- All-purpose: Suitable for all types of clear coats

Now onto the results:

Subject: 2011 BMW M3 Competition Package - Jet Black

Tools used:

Griot's 6 inch Random Orbital Polisher

Uber Vented 5 inch backing plate
Uber Microfiber Cutting Pad 5.25 inch
Uber Microfiber Towel 16x24
Menzerna Top Inspection

Car was brought in to us after Hurricane Sandy for a clean up. We decided this would be a great test for Menzerna FG 400. We figured this would be 2 steps on this car, start wtih Menzerna FG 400 and finish with Menzerna SF 4000 or Sonax Fine Abrasive or Sonax Nano Polish........well we were a bit surprised take a look.

Before - pretty beat up after Hurricane Sandy/the Noreaster/and just bad car washes

Won't go too much into this part but Prep including: wash/decon/autoscrub/wheels...

Menzerna Top Inspection wipe down

After the wipe down we found a few more rids, we took care of them with few passes of FG 400 and we got to a last step ready

Repeat the above and this was what we got. Some great results with just about zero dust.

Here are some split shots of what FG 400 can do

Trunk

Before

50/50

Passenger side door 50/50

After

Rear fender

Completed in about 15-20 minutes with the Griot's/Uber Cutting Microfiber Pad/Menzerna FG 400

Results - WOW - In the sun (we spotted no holograms)

We rinsed down the car to ensure all dust was gone we went right into the last step.

Any questions please feel free.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Looks awesome. I remember when my paint used to look like that. I now fear it never will again. I'm to nervous with buffers. Had bad experience in shop class in high school with one and rubbed the clear coat and some paint off a car. Never tried it again. That stuff looks really good though. Good product post. If I ever grow a pair I'll keep this in mind. Thanks!

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
As usual, an awesome job... Love those rims on the M3.
      12-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Thanks for the review Phil. Menzerna makes some very nice polishes.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #5
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNkY6913 View Post
Looks awesome. I remember when my paint used to look like that. I now fear it never will again. I'm to nervous with buffers. Had bad experience in shop class in high school with one and rubbed the clear coat and some paint off a car. Never tried it again. That stuff looks really good though. Good product post. If I ever grow a pair I'll keep this in mind. Thanks!
You wont be buffing the clear off anything with a DA polisher like a porter cable DA. Well... unless you apply mass pressure and leave it in one spot for 20 minutes. lol

You'll be fine... find that pair and buy one. Very simple to use...
Appreciate 0