BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-14-2008, 03:32 AM   #1
5hrtf53
Rep
Drives:

about to get a 135i

i need advice on buying a 135i in san jose, ca.i really dont have a good credit score but im willing to make a down of 6k to 7k. how muchmonthly should i expect and howmuch can i haggle with the pricing for a 08 or 09 135i coupe? all im getting is a base/stock alpine white with leatherette gray poplar woodtrim interior. no extra option. im planning to get it within this week depending on pricing and i'm not sure if i should go with finance or lease? lease would save me on my monthly payment but how much is the payout after the loan term?. please help and can you guys recommend a good car dealer in norcal? ive been hearing alot of mix feedback with stevens creek bmw. thanks and by the way i'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum its 1:30am and im so damn excited with this cant sleep at all. and
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

if you don't have good credit, you're going to get stuck with a really high interest rate (most likely). if you can pony up twice that in down payment, you'll be much better off.

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
Sephiroth
4-6-8
India
Rep
Drives: for the fun of it

Why not save up a little more and get at least the sport package, its considered "essential".
      11-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
Choccy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hrtf53 View Post
i need advice on buying a 135i in san jose, ca.i really dont have a good credit score but im willing to make a down of 6k to 7k. how muchmonthly should i expect and howmuch can i haggle with the pricing for a 08 or 09 135i coupe? all im getting is a base/stock alpine white with leatherette gray poplar woodtrim interior. no extra option. im planning to get it within this week depending on pricing and i'm not sure if i should go with finance or lease? lease would save me on my monthly payment but how much is the payout after the loan term?. please help and can you guys recommend a good car dealer in norcal? ive been hearing alot of mix feedback with stevens creek bmw. thanks and by the way i'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum its 1:30am and im so damn excited with this cant sleep at all. and
If you want to get "rough" estimates of financing and leasing payments use the configurator tool on any BMW dealership website.

Enter your actual downpayment amount, do a calculation. Then try increasing the DP amount.

The previous posters are correct. You would be wise to try and double that DP before signing on the line. $6000 to $7000 will probably see you paying $1000 per month(by the website calculation, that's not including miscellanous fees and regional taxes, some of which you may or may not be able to negotiate around).

Regardless of how much money you're sitting on, willing to spend or whatever method of payment you plan to use, lease or finance, DO YOUR HOMEWORK before you commit!
      11-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
5hrtf53
Rep
Drives:

i did a payment calculator using bmw. leasing with 7k down 24mos term is $528. while finance is $603. loan amount of 38,950. how much out of pocket should i expect?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #6
5hrtf53
Rep
Drives:

well im crossing my fingers that i get approved sopped by the dealership on my way home got them to run my credit and such and oh yeah im getting a 08 128i instead no one has a 135i instock and the 09 would take about 4months or so and cantwait that long for it. cross fingers!!!!XX
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 09:10 AM   #7
former
Practical Idealist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Coupe

Exclamation

Smart money says you DO NOT put money down on a lease. All that does is reduces your personal savings right up front and reduces your payments. It does NOT reduce the value of the residual you would owe at the end of the lease.

Keep your cash, earn interest on it and use the extra $6-7k you have to make the higher payments if you need to lease.

By the way, there are lots of '08s around at other dealerships and it won't take 4 months to get an '09. Have you considered that they might be saying all that to sell you whatever they have on the lot?

Please, please, please call around to other dealers in your area and/or check with some of the board dealers like Irv Robinson. You can get a better deal and get what you WANT! It's hard to put a price on the latter, but don't get stuck compromising on anything when its your money on the line!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 12:11 PM   #8
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
$528 for a lease on a base 135i with $7k driveaway cost is WAYYYYYYYYYYY too much. I did a quick calculation and came up with around $409. This assumes $5K would be cap cost reduction and $2K for bank fee, first month, sec deposit, and fees. Also assumes 24 months and 15K per year. Not sure what your state tax is so I used 5%.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2008, 07:42 PM   #9
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hrtf53 View Post
well im crossing my fingers that i get approved sopped by the dealership on my way home got them to run my credit and such and oh yeah im getting a 08 128i instead no one has a 135i instock and the 09 would take about 4months or so and cantwait that long for it. cross fingers!!!!XX
I'm also in the SJ area and getting ready to buy a 135. In my case, I can wait and will order exactly what I want.

I checked the Stevens Creek web site and found 4 coupes and about 10 'verts listed - most of them '08s. The Mountain View web site shows about the same thing (5 coupes and about 10 'verts). I assume they are tapping into the same Bay Area inventory.

As nice as they are, it's hard to believe that 1'ers are flying off the shelves with the slumping economy and overall auto sales down. It could become a buyers market if you're willing to wait. It'll be interesting to see what's going to happen to all those '08 'verts. December blow-out sale?

I just got back from Home Depot. I've never seen it so empty on a Saturday. I guess everybody's out driving their 1'er! :thumbup:

BTW - sales tax in CA is 8.25% (wish it were 5%!)
Appreciate 0