BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-11-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
SNOOPYJC1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128I

Oem Cupholder Install Procedure

Hey Folks,

I just recently purchased a much needed cupholder for my 128i. i managed to get a very good OEM which somehow is connected to the center console on the passenger right. The only question i need help with is how do you install the darn thing? Looked the part over, no clue. Didn't want to disassemble the thing for fear of breaking it. I would greatly appreciate a DIY or even a listing of instructions on how to install this part.

I thank all of you for looking and even better responding.

Snoop
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
BRR
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 Space Grey 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOOPYJC1 View Post
Hey Folks,

I just recently purchased a much needed cupholder for my 128i. i managed to get a very good OEM which somehow is connected to the center console on the passenger right. The only question i need help with is how do you install the darn thing? Looked the part over, no clue. Didn't want to disassemble the thing for fear of breaking it. I would greatly appreciate a DIY or even a listing of instructions on how to install this part.

I thank all of you for looking and even better responding.

Snoop
To remove cupholder pull up hard. To put new cupholder in simply push in hard. lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 01:48 PM   #3
spinnakerflying
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i, 2010 135i

If this is a replacement cup holder and you already had one there, then @NicholasLacouture is right. Just pull up hard to get the existing one out.

If you are retro-fitting the passenger-side cup holder on a car that did not have one before it's a lot more complicated. The DIY thread on this topic is missing the photos, but is still accurate:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224061

This thread shows the same process, but with additional complexity of using the cup holder for a GPS holder:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490628
Appreciate 0