BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #1
135iPony
Rep
Drives:

Crimson Red 135i coupe ordered :)

Hello all,

This is my first post on 1Addicts I placed an order for an '09 135i coupe in crimson red and black leatherette with black poplar trim and a manual transmission. I'm trading in a 2006 MINI Cooper S with the John Cooper Works GP Kit (or MINI GP for short ). I love the MINI (it's actually my 2nd) but as a slimmed down, purpose-built pseudo-race kart it's one of those cars that begs to be driven frenetically all of the time and after two years I've decided to move onto something a little bigger with a more forgiving ride and less high strung engine characteristics.

I was looking for something unique with good low-end grunt and having come from the GP I wasn't willing to move down in terms of handling and acceleration so I decided to test drive the 135i after reading some reviews. Having grown up in a decidedly pro-BMW house I was expecting a good car but after one test drive I was blown away with how flexible this car is -- the torque and power is there for when you need it, but when you want to putter around in traffic it's relaxing and luxurious -- just what I was looking for in my next car.

After a little bit of wrangling with the dealer over my trade-in I decided to take the plunge.

Let the 6-8 week wait begin!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
sknsfan82
Private
Rep
Drives:

congrats,and good first post
Appreciate 0