BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
hau_nguyen91
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB 17 M3

How much my 1ER worth?

Hi guys,

I am thinking about trading or maybe even selling it.

How much do you think it worth?

I have a 2013 BMW 135IS with currently at 11K Miles.

Navigation / All this M package / Performance Exhaust.

Looks almost brand new.

From Ok / Good / Very good / Excellent. I would rate it as VERY GOOD.

KBB is telling me 38k to private seller
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #2
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

You didn't mention if you were going to trade or sell to a private buyer. Is what you need to get out of it vs what the market will pay part of your decision?

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #3
hau_nguyen91
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB 17 M3

Yes.

Long story, but I need to get rid of this small car and get a Ford F150.

I just want to know if it worth trading in this car. I can't keep it because I cannot afford to have two cars at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 11:56 AM   #4
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Take it to CarMax and see how much they would give you for it. There are some members who have access to the auctions and they could tell you how much trade in would be worth.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hau_nguyen91 View Post
Hi guys,

I am thinking about trading or maybe even selling it.

How much do you think it worth?

I have a 2013 BMW 135IS with currently at 11K Miles.

Navigation / All this M package / Performance Exhaust.

Looks almost brand new.

From Ok / Good / Very good / Excellent. I would rate it as VERY GOOD.

KBB is telling me 38k to private seller
i traded in my 135is in June to a BMW dealership. It had 19k miles on it.

I got $35k in trade-in. They turned around and sold it for around $38k (or less) after doing a CPO on it. I shopped around my 135is for about 2 solid months before doing that deal....and MOST of the trade in offers i got ranged from $29k to the maximum $34k i ended up getting. KIND OF SAD considering how good of a car the 135is really is.

Of course, trading it into a Dealer IS a stupid ass thing to do. Only someone as non-chalant about losing money and as impulsive as me would do such a thing-----HOWEVER my feeling is that the 135 market, in general, is pretty damn soft. The majority of people looking to buy a 135 are looking for a car in the $20k-30k range. To sell a 135is for $35k or more must require the right buyer looking specifically for a final model 135 before BMW switched to the wretched 2-series.

The prices have dropped since the 2-series came out, BUT i think if you find the right buyer you can sell it for $35-40k.....but again it really would need the perfect buyer.

EDIT: why the hell are you trading a 135is for an F150? LOL. just lease a truck or something....and keep the 135is for 'fun'.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 09:27 AM   #6
whitebimmer09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Auto

My thought about the private party is that you have to find someone with the CASH to buy it instead of finance. In my area, anything over $5,000 will be difficult to sell. I sold my wife's corolla XRS a few months back, the car was Mint with 70,000 miles on it. People who knew what an XRS was (I am still trying to find out why people loved it) would email me and say how badly they wanted to buy it, and that was for $10,000. Ended up selling it for $8,500. I had to do something scary to be able to sell it though. The buyer came with his parents (really nice people) with the plans to buy it through a credit union. I had to sign the title over to the guy, have him transfer it into his name, and then we went to Suncoast credit union to finalize his loan (he was getting 0.9% interest on an auto loan, which made me open an account there too). Long story short, I could have traded the thing in for $8,000 at carmax. So it took me an extra 2 days of running around to make an extra $500... Not worth it.

Same issue when I went to buy my 1er, the guy was trying to sell it for months because people didn't have the $20,000 cash to buy it. All of his other offers were with financing BS, so I go a much better price when I brought a nice envelope.

But I also live in an area where 32% of the people are on government assistance... So that doesn't really help either.
      08-31-2014, 12:26 PM   #7
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebimmer09 View Post
My thought about the private party is that you have to find someone with the CASH to buy it instead of finance.
no you don't. people can apply for financing through their bank.....and the bank will cut them the check----they hand over the check to you and they make their payments to the bank. People do it all the time....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 12:35 PM   #8
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
no you don't. people can apply for financing through their bank.....and the bank will cut them the check----they hand over the check to you and they make their payments to the bank. People do it all the time....
Been in banking 4 years and although this is a choice, they are so many deciding factors on actually getting approved this way. Of the hundreds of apps I've taken to finance this way less than 10 went through.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 12:42 PM   #9
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Been in banking 4 years and although this is a choice, they are so many deciding factors on actually getting approved this way. Of the hundreds of apps I've taken to finance this way less than 10 went through.

serious? people i know do it all the time....i suppose it depends what kind of financial situation the people who are applying are in; for myself, i had approved myself for up to $60k when i was shopping for a 1M and had no issues doing so. Friends of mine have done the same when they have shopped for 'used' cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
whitebimmer09
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Auto

Right, but I would have a hard time accepting a "bank check" with all the bad ones out there. Unless it was cut in front of me, I wouldn't trust it. But, saying that, I did have to sign a title and hand it to someone then have them transfer it into their name before his bank would give me a check.

IEDEI, did you get your 1M from a dealer or a private seller? Things are different when you buy from a dealer.
      08-31-2014, 03:41 PM   #11
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebimmer09 View Post
Right, but I would have a hard time accepting a "bank check" with all the bad ones out there. Unless it was cut in front of me, I wouldn't trust it. But, saying that, I did have to sign a title and hand it to someone then have them transfer it into their name before his bank would give me a check.

IEDEI, did you get your 1M from a dealer or a private seller? Things are different when you buy from a dealer.
i was ready to buy from a private seller....OR dealer...whichever had the car i wanted. didn't matter to me. in the end, the car i wanted was at a BMW dealer....but i had a check ready to go if i found a car privately....in which case i would have put the 135is up for sale privately.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 09:20 PM   #12
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Private sale for $36K, brought a check from my credit union to the seller's credit union, we did the transaction there, had the bill of sale notarized and signed over the title. Two different CUs, but due to reciprocal agreement, the check was honored immediately, no hold for the seller.
Appreciate 0