BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Scoobs
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i Space Grey DCT

BMW Sydney loan car insurance

Have my car in at BMW Sydney today for a service.

Received a Brand New Cooper S as a loan car. Cute car – but an amazing amount of torque steer when cornering. Would certainly take some getting used to.

For anyone planning to use BMW Sydney for a service – may wanna think twice about getting a loan car. I have one provided under the Corp Program, BUT you can no longer pay to reduce the excess.

So it is $3,000 for any claim no matter if it is an “at fault” or “not at fault” claim.

That’s BS……* massive liability to be lumbered with, especially if some bozo drives into you.*
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
nosmash
Private
Rep
Drives: an oil burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
Have my car in at BMW Sydney today for a service.

Received a Brand New Cooper S as a loan car. Cute car – but an amazing amount of torque steer when cornering. Would certainly take some getting used to.

For anyone planning to use BMW Sydney for a service – may wanna think twice about getting a loan car. I have one provided under the Corp Program, BUT you can no longer pay to reduce the excess.

So it is $3,000 for any claim no matter if it is an “at fault” or “not at fault” claim.

That’s BS……* massive liability to be lumbered with, especially if some bozo drives into you.*
Same with North Shore BMW. Had a loan car booked but had second thoughts after the SA told me about the 3k claim. Asked to be driven to my office instead.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #3
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

If some bozo drives in to you, whilst you may initially be out of pocket, you're eligible to get the 3k back from their insurance or from them personally.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #4
Honny
Captain
Rep
Drives: Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
If some bozo drives in to you, whilst you may initially be out of pocket, you're eligible to get the 3k back from their insurance or from them personally.
Yeah I believe if you're not at fault... I mean at all that is -then usually it should be pretty negotiable. For us in Perth is close to $2k for service cars which are 320i......
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #5
Scoobs
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i Space Grey DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
That sounds better, but wasn't the way they explained it to me. Will check with them when I collect my car.

But you are probably correct, as it would seem absurd to be out of pocket that amount for a no fault accident.

Exchanged a couple of emails with the BMW consultant this morning and he mentioned that it changes a couple of weeks ago.

He also mentioned that under the previous scheme, if you took the excess reduction, you would pay out $1,000 and BMW Sydney would have to pay the balance of $2,000.

But, if it is $3k no matter what, I won't be taking a loaner again.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
Lone ranger
Australia
Rep
Drives: 125i

If you have BMW Insurance, I think you are covered for a loan car during servicing.
Appreciate 0