BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Autocross vid from Grissom (Indiana)

Excuse the poor audio quality. This is a Delkin suction mount with a standard digicam, Canon Elph 100 HS. Actually decent camera for video in daylight besides the mic. Will try to rubber band some foam over the mic next time.

Took 4th out of 16 cars in SMS (local class, street mod street tire, the class for all the people who just mod for fun and not to hit a class) with a slightly better run later in the day. Just a Cobb AP, DIY DCI, and 235/265 Star specs with Apex Racing ARC-8 wheels (8.5"+48, 9.5"+62). BONE stock otherwise, including alignment, which I need to get fixed up.

Been running 40psi front and rear and that seems like a good compromise so far. Need to get camber up front, though, car is low on front end grip. Rear has mountains of grip for the most part. Next tire purchase I'm going to try for 255 tires up front and maybe 275 out back.

Anyone in the Indiana area on here? I regularly autocross around central Indiana. I've been very happy with how well the 135 does.

Last edited by Freon; 06-24-2011 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #2
KVMan50
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jet Black BMW 128i

Good vid! Thanks

The autocross' I have done were much slower and more violent. Mall parking lots, etc. I like the wide open higher speed ones like yours. Looked like a lot of fun. How many runs did you do?
Dave
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Freon
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Yeah this site is fantastic. This is also one of the more open course layouts they've had here. Huge straight on the crossover, no real slaloms.

We got 5 runs, 3 groups ran. This was Fort Wayne region, but Indy region also uses the site.

I'll probably be going to Walesboro Sunday morning.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
Xaeryan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sideways mostly

Nice course! I don't foresee you fitting 255s up front until you have camber plates up front though (which would solve your camber issues). Even then, you might need some fender rolling and/or a small spacer to clear the strut (assuming stock)... I'm running 235s on the stock 264s with a similar offset (49) albeit different rim width (7.5), and I rub heavily enough on autocrosses to push out my front bumper at the seam where it meets the fender. I also only have a few millimeters left between the tire and strut (of which I'm using the BMW Performance struts/springs).
I'm surprised your not getting more rubbing as it is. Are you?
Appreciate 0