BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #89
GJA003
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightelf View Post
Mine has worn out too, should've gotten the one with the heel pad
I got the heel pad bit but it hasn't saved it to much was loving the look of these mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Mine is fine, good quality mats from Jezzer.
Yeah the others are perfect its just the drivers heel pad that's gone so quickly.

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 05:41 AM   #90
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003
Just wanted to clarify with other member's who have purchased these mats how they have found the durability over them. Its only 3-4 months in use and my drivers one looks horrible discoloured where my heels are and worn down patches Just checking weather its me or others have similar out comes.
I came here to post this..

Spilt some liquid on them today (accidental hard corner)

Damp cloth peeled off large clumps of fluff (material) lots of which was green (???).. Probably not even 5,000km, the footrest heel position is VERY worn.. Not far off bald

The white part of the ///m logo isn't as white either somehow (never touched)

Oe mats i have that are 95,000 odd worn... Barely a mark, material near perfect..

For the price of them, really not excited by this fact

When new they look really solid and good material and thick and soft..

Add that they don't have velcro pads to stick on to the OE location..

On the plus side, the stitching is solid and the orange is bright lol

Can anyone with the optional foot pad thing comment to its durability?.. I'd replace it with that in the future if it's a bit tougher as they look great and all 3 passenger ones only ever see flat feet and not a often.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 05:52 AM   #91
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightelf View Post
Mine has worn out too, should've gotten the one with the heel pad
I got the heel pad bit but it hasn't saved it to much was loving the look of these mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Mine is fine, good quality mats from Jezzer.
Yeah the others are perfect its just the drivers heel pad that's gone so quickly.
... Crap.. How bad are they with the pads?

I mean.. Actual real world daily drive results popping up now, i guess i'll just get another spare for looks after a couple of years when the rest of the car deserves it..

Just annoying when i slowly get items to make my car nice, and the first one's already showing major wear and tear, when they're not super cheapout floormats either..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #92
GJA003
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
... Crap.. How bad are they with the pads?

I mean.. Actual real world daily drive results popping up now, i guess i'll just get another spare for looks after a couple of years when the rest of the car deserves it..

Just annoying when i slowly get items to make my car nice, and the first one's already showing major wear and tear, when they're not super cheapout floormats either..
I'll get a photo together. That's the same way i felt about it there not supercheap floor mats and they are maybe 6 months in and look tired already little disappointed. If i was to order again i would probs order one with out the pad as a spare.

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #93
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
As I mentioned, the non-heel pad version wears out pretty quick too.

Build thread: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1149793
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #94
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJA003 View Post
I'll get a photo together. That's the same way i felt about it there not supercheap floor mats and they are maybe 6 months in and look tired already little disappointed. If i was to order again i would probs order one with out the pad as a spare.
i took a photo too if anyone wants, literally 5000-7000km since i put them in the car at most

they're easily the best looking floormats i've seen, a spare drivers one would be the only solution i could think of -_-
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #95
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
ooh well that actually suits pretty well.. come in different colours? my pedals are black and orange :/.. guess i could just get it painted with the rest of the stuff i have if not

ED: ah, not that i can see, will have to keep an eye on it for painting time
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #96
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quick update for those who bought Jezzer's mats - the quality is great but durability is lacking. After a year the heel area was completely worn:

I took the suggestion above and ordered the aluminium heel pad:

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #97
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

longer term review: 10,000-15,000km with them now

drivers side is almost entirely destroyed - not specifically the carpet - the whole thing in almost every way -_-

if you DD or drive often:

i can't suggest you buy these. not good at all.

somehow even though the rest of the car is bone dry, the floor mat appears slightly damp mainly around JUST in front of the accelerator.... the bottom rubber textured bit is partly mushed (???)... the ///M logo is EXTREMELY yellowed and won't come clean

and i cleaned them every time i cleaned the car... vacuumed and occasionally washed in napisan.

add to that, they don't (never have) stay(ed) in place since they don't have the velcro bits like OEM mats, so the part just in front of the accelerator is all crushed.

i just don't understand how they're THAT much less durable than OEM floor mats. how are the OEM ones so good in comparison?? (considering the OEM ones lasted ~95-100,000km and STILL look as new!)

i'll be sad to lose their looks going back to OEM, but i don't want to be spending a ton on floor mats every 10,000KM lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #98
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I've had mine for 20,000km, no "wetness" or other damage except for the heel part. Mine is a DD. My M logo is a bit dirty but not yellowed. I reckon it must have to do with where you live/store your car, especially since you also had that leather issue?

Last edited by Knightelf; 07-11-2013 at 11:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #99
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightelf
I've had mine for 20,000km, no "wetness" or other damage except for the heel part. Mine is a DD. My M logo is a bit dirty but now yellowed. I reckon it must have to do with where you live/store your car, especially since you also had that leather issue?
I'd agree, except the oem mats are flawless

My only major complaints are the wear, yellowing, and lack of velcro

The velcro being the biggest oversight... Slides forwards and catches clutch pedal.

Store my car in w garage even.
Appreciate 0