BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2,Cayenne

Scottish meet

I've booked a trackday with Sidc on 5th October at Knockhill from 9 to 1,anyone else booked or coming along for a look?,will have my 1M on track and your more than welcome to come along for a passenger lap
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
RKR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

Nice one. I'm trying to make it to this but going to see how things are after a trip to the ring next week. With the way my brakes have gone in the past after a trackday I don't have my hopes up haha.

I'll be there either way though. Few mates are heading down so I'll be shotgun with somebody. Will come over for a news and maybe a px lap
      09-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Cool, see you there,hopefully my brakes are ok at the hill
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #4
Robbo5522
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 1M

aye aye min, weel hope to make it too if am hame, love ta ride shot gun for a lap we ya willox,
:-)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #5
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo5522 View Post
aye aye min, weel hope to make it too if am hame, love ta ride shot gun for a lap we ya willox,
:-)
Sound,my mates taking his gtr as well,we're staying the night before close by,only £22 for a room,save some time in the morning maybe see you there
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
RKR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Trackday selt oot! Sum ese. I'm too late to the party sadly
      09-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #7
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Cool,nice its sold out,should be plenty of action
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Ace day at Knockhill,3 white 1M's there to,here's a lap trying to keep up with my mates Gtr,no chance,fun though,got some good videos to sort out,hopefully some cool pics to follow as well

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@ModeCarbon View Post
Make sure you add pictures after the event!
Here's one,waiting on a disc to arrive with the others
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #10
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Another one of the best trackdays I've ever done,brilliant driving experience,done lots of fwd and 4wd cars around there,first time with rwd and a special car in its on right
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
Ollieb7
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M, Caterham R500, 65 VW Split

Nice one, and good pics too!

Re the GTR you might be trying to keep up but with all those electronic driver aids i would place my bets on who it is that be well ahead in the having fun stakes!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollieb7 View Post
Nice one, and good pics too!

Re the GTR you might be trying to keep up but with all those electronic driver aids i would place my bets on who it is that be well ahead in the having fun stakes!
Cheers,for sure,had all mdm,t.c switched off in my car,do need to try tame the beast,Im going to fit Pilot Sport Cups as I need new tyres.to be fair,my mate turned all the gadgets off in the Gtr,but gearbox temps went high very quickly,so had to switch them on,his first trackday in the Gtr,fun as well,but he certainly wasn't doing handstands over it,still a very quick car out of the showroom,3 seconds up the road from my 1M,loved the Bmw experience,my best time round the hill was back at time attack 2008,56.1 in an Evo 8,you go to Knockhill much yourself?
Got the bug back again,would love the 1M turned into a track car,be awesome,defo a chunk of lap time to come!!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #13
Ollieb7
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M, Caterham R500, 65 VW Split

Went in the mid to late 90s where i killed a set of brakes on an EVO and then last time was in my old Caterham about 8 years ago. A mate of mine gets me in with the Porsche club which is very respectful of one another. I've had my new Caterham for about 2 yrs now and still not returned, the roads up here are just too good! - next year is on my radar though... Nothing overheats on those and you still get to drive home on the same set of brake pads!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2013, 03:41 AM   #14
RKR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Was an ace day, nice for Knockhill to be dry for a change! Didn't get a chance to have a news with you unfortunately. I was driving my car aswell as hopping in and out of mates car's whilst my car cooled down. Had fun watching you drift the 1M though. Even more so when I was behind you in my mates clio whilst you drifted through the John R Weir chicane .

Some pictures of mine. I did have a GoPro video but forgot to press the record button! Raging.

10-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #15
willox
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollieb7 View Post
Went in the mid to late 90s where i killed a set of brakes on an EVO and then last time was in my old Caterham about 8 years ago. A mate of mine gets me in with the Porsche club which is very respectful of one another. I've had my new Caterham for about 2 yrs now and still not returned, the roads up here are just too good! - next year is on my radar though... Nothing overheats on those and you still get to drive home on the same set of brake pads!
Sounds good,would try a Caterham for some sprints,they look cool,fancy hiring one at the ring,that would be awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
Was an ace day, nice for Knockhill to be dry for a change! Didn't get a chance to have a news with you unfortunately. I was driving my car aswell as hopping in and out of mates car's whilst my car cooled down. Had fun watching you drift the 1M though. Even more so when I was behind you in my mates clio whilst you drifted through the John R Weir chicane .

Some pictures of mine. I did have a GoPro video but forgot to press the record button! Raging.
Some nice pics,sure was a good day,was hoping for a we dual

Best day out yet with the 1M,helps knowing the track,not that I'm an expert,but done a few trackdays over the years at the hill,well impressed with the way the car handled,well balanced car,just pure fun,catch you another day,they always go passed so quickly,bumped in with Brian??knew him from years back from Evo days,also in a white 1M
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #16
Robbo5522
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 1M

weel weel folks good day I see at the hill, hey willox sorry niver made it all work nae bloody play :-(
nae bad for a wee 1M against the mighty GTR, good onya min.

hope ta see ya some day mannie :-))

fine ta hear there wiz a few 1m there looking good tee RAK :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #17
badwolf340
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by willox View Post
Sounds good,would try a Caterham for some sprints,they look cool,fancy hiring one at the ring,that would be awesome

Some nice pics,sure was a good day,was hoping for a we dual

Best day out yet with the 1M,helps knowing the track,not that I'm an expert,but done a few trackdays over the years at the hill,well impressed with the way the car handled,well balanced car,just pure fun,catch you another day,they always go passed so quickly,bumped in with Brian??knew him from years back from Evo days,also in a white 1M
Martin was good to catch up ,evo was long time ago also good speaking to Ryan