BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-22-2008, 02:21 AM   #1
Resicom
Go 1 Series!
Rep
Drives:

Getting TV in the 135i? How

Hi guys, im expecting a new 135i in the next couple of months. I have brought the professional sat nav etc. But it doesnt have TV unlike the 335i version.

Does anyone know a way to get it, is there an ad-in option on the market?

Any help is greately appreciated!

Stephen - Resicom Financial
www.resicomfinancial.com.au
Sold VZ HSV
Awaiting, Black/Lemon Man 135i with most options!
Need Finance, yell out!!:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
chrisyc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resicom View Post
Hi guys, im expecting a new 135i in the next couple of months. I have brought the professional sat nav etc. But it doesnt have TV unlike the 335i version.

Does anyone know a way to get it, is there an ad-in option on the market?

Any help is greately appreciated!
Just the question i was gonna ask :smile: - What about playing DVDs?

I think you need to get a add on so you can have a video source....i'll have a look i did find some stuff the other day.

EDIT:

Found link but not sure if can post on here?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
ansun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8i 135i

POST IT! I want TV in my X5
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
imported_erick
normally aspirated
Rep
Drives: 128i

hartge is selling a unit

12 60 6000 EHARTGE TV function while car is in motion
(only allowed for the passengers)
      08-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
chrisyc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansun View Post
POST IT! I want TV in my X5

X5 Tv etc - i think there is some for any idrive to be honest

and

Idrive add on but you still need a tv tuner/dvd player

I aint tried these myself but i want one. So been looking around.:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisyc View Post
X5 Tv etc - i think there is some for any idrive to be honest

and

Idrive add on but you still need a tv tuner/dvd player

I aint tried these myself but i want one. So been looking around.:biggrin:
I think you guys are in a select group - I didn't buy a 135i to play DVD's in it. Maybe that is just me. I respect your right to do so, so tell me - under what driving conditions do you see this as beneficial? Is it when you have kids in the car? Any insight you can give me would be useful. I must be overlooking something obvious here. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
Call
Call
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

One of the great things about owning a 135i is that it can be almost anything we want it to be from a flower pot setting in the front yard on concrete blocks to one of the meanest MF'er on the track. Somewhere in between it might be just a tin can on wheels...but it's my tin can on wheels.

Call
      08-25-2008, 12:56 AM   #8
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
I think you guys are in a select group - I didn't buy a 135i to play DVD's in it. Maybe that is just me. I respect your right to do so, so tell me - under what driving conditions do you see this as beneficial? Is it when you have kids in the car? Any insight you can give me would be useful. I must be overlooking something obvious here. Thanks!
according to the gentleman on MTV Pimp my Ride, this functionality is for the benefit of other individuals on the road, who you have the courtesy and privilege of entertaining while you drive along.

i believe the colloquial term is "Hatervision" :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #9
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
according to the gentleman on MTV Pimp my Ride, this functionality is for the benefit of other individuals on the road, who you have the courtesy and privilege of entertaining while you drive along.

i believe the colloquial term is "Hatervision" :thumbup:
I still don't know what I am missing out on. As I get older I am trying to be open minded. I can see having a Honda Odyssy or a Dodge Caravan, and really needing a DVD player to keep the kids from fighting in rows two and three on long road trips. But honestly, not once have I said - "Damn it - I really need to watch a DVD right now while driving my 135".

I find the concept mystifying. However, I am open to the idea, just looking for some insight.

BTW - I beleive I have read somewhere that the Idrive is not capable of DVD'ing - at least not the 2008 version.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2008, 11:56 PM   #10
Misterkris
Private
Rep
Drives: R32

Its just f'in cool. seriously.

Also anytime you could be with your car but not near any other forms of visual media it helps. Like when you drive 5 hrs to do a track day and sleep in your car.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
I still don't know what I am missing out on. As I get older I am trying to be open minded. I can see having a Honda Odyssy or a Dodge Caravan, and really needing a DVD player to keep the kids from fighting in rows two and three on long road trips. But honestly, not once have I said - "Damn it - I really need to watch a DVD right now while driving my 135".

I find the concept mystifying. However, I am open to the idea, just looking for some insight.

BTW - I beleive I have read somewhere that the Idrive is not capable of DVD'ing - at least not the 2008 version.
i was trying to be funny and somewhat missed the mark

i guess what i'm saying is that there's a subculture of car owners that do mods for their own sake - not necessarily because they value those mods very highly. some of those people enter car shows (hence the desire for the 'wow' factor), but not necessarily all.

not saying that dvd players have zero utility factor, but a big part of the reason is the "show"...
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 04:17 AM   #12
F31TanzBlue
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 340 F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick View Post
hartge is selling a unit

12 60 6000 EHARTGE TV function while car is in motion
(only allowed for the passengers)
Does anyone have any information about this product - I emailed Hartge about it but have had no reply as yet - from the description it doesn't look like it actually adds any form of TV/DVD function to the iDrive screen?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 06:40 AM   #13
Rephlex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowley View Post
Does anyone have any information about this product - I emailed Hartge about it but have had no reply as yet - from the description it doesn't look like it actually adds any form of TV/DVD function to the iDrive screen?
Direct any UK Hartge enquiry to Birds via the website they are the UK importer although they are more motivated by tuning the cars than watching films :smile:
      08-28-2008, 07:30 AM   #14
F31TanzBlue
Private
Rep

Oh them... I'll just pop in on the weekend as they aren't very far from me! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #15
structure
Rep
Drives:

did anyone see this on eBay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/BMW-128-135-NAV-...QQcmdZViewItem
      08-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #16
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Quote:
Same reason people climb Everest, or surf, or autocross, or wear those knee-high socks when they play basketball.

Why wouldn't you want your 1 to play DVDs?

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #17
uofmtiger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Same reason people climb Everest, or surf, or autocross, or wear those knee-high socks when they play basketball.

Why wouldn't you want your 1 to play DVDs?
I can't give you a reason why I wouldn't want it to play DVDs, but I can tell you that I don't like the idea of drivers watching TV while I am on the same road with them. That being said, if it was not functional when the car is moving, I would have no problem with it. I think a lot of nav systems that play DVDs simply kill the video when the car is out of park.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #18
chrisyc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofmtiger View Post
I can't give you a reason why I wouldn't want it to play DVDs, but I can tell you that I don't like the idea of drivers watching TV while I am on the same road with them. That being said, if it was not functional when the car is moving, I would have no problem with it. I think a lot of nav systems that play DVDs simply kill the video when the car is out of park.
I'm just trying to find out how to play dvd's - but no luck
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #19
uofmtiger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I'm just trying to find out how to play dvd's - but no luck
My buddy's Infiniti will play DVDs and DVD-A, but it kills the video when he pulls it out of park. It was an OEM setup.

Personally, I would not want video playing in my car. If I just had to watch DVDs, I would bring along a portable DVD player or laptop.

If you could live with a smaller screen, get a slingbox for home and a compatible phone to play it back on the road (when you are in PARK). I can control my Directv DVR at home with my phone, but I don't think I will be watching it while I am driving. I have tuned into XM radio via Directv/slingbox with my Treo 755p, but I just set it on a channel and forget it until I arrive at my location.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 03:30 AM   #20
F31TanzBlue
Private
Rep

ACCESSORY CONTROL MENU ACM
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...& hg=65&fg=95

& USB ANSCHLUSS AUDIO/VIDEO F
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...& hg=65&fg=95
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 04:09 AM   #21
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Birds love it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #22
F31TanzBlue
Private
Rep

TV set top box!?
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=UC72&mospid=50607&btnr=65_1658& hg=65&fg=95

ACM to view the TV and get the menu
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=UC72&mospid=50607&btnr=65_1655& hg=65&fg=95

ACM USB to view pictures and videso from USB devices?
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=UC72&mospid=50607&btnr=65_1891& hg=65&fg=95
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ACM.pdf (333.9 KB, 631 views)
Appreciate 0