BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-06-2010, 06:09 AM   #45
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Don't give the dealers too much leverage on you, if anything call again, reiterate your last offer directly to the sales manager and forget about it. The car is '09 plate and they'll be looking to shift it anyway, with good bonus commissions on offer.

In the meantime, just ring the other dealers outside Sydney, they'll ship it to you for the cost of freight.

Also look for stock cars, a lot of dealers are doing great deals on '09 plates. There's a 118d at Honeycombes Darwin I saw when I got windscreen replaced finally, in case you were interested in something other than the 120i. It's got 18" M-Double spokes, M kit and I think nav. The sales guy is Peter and he's pretty good, the number is 08-8947-8877.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 01:48 AM   #46
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
There's a 118d at Honeycombes Darwin I saw when I got windscreen replaced finally, in case you were interested in something other than the 120i. It's got 18" M-Double spokes, M kit and I think nav. The sales guy is Peter and he's pretty good, the number is 08-8947-8877.
any idea how much it was ?

btw I sold my other car today so that is one less headache for the dealer with regards to the trade in.

The dealer still has not called which clearly suggests that he is not interested in the sale. Again, bit disappointing ... I am thinking of calling him tomorrow and tell me the trade in is no more a headache and we'll see what price we can do then... I don't think he will move much as he said there is only $2K he can take off the price tag ($56K)...
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #47
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

If the price tag was $56k, $50k is within range, I am not sure why he's not talking. I think you should talk to a different sales in the dealership. I knocked over 4k on the 120d, when it was listed as 51k.

The other thing is if the dealership has a sister dealership somewhere else, they would have access of the same stock.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 02:18 AM   #48
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
If you are really serious about closing the sale, give George Fahd a call at Canterbury BMW (General Mgr Sales) has been there for 25 years..
I might just end up doing this ... I would have thought that $51K was a good offer ... I will ring the sales person tomorrow again and see what he says. If I get nowhere , I will ring the above mentioned person.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 02:51 AM   #49
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

AND there is this...... (in Canberra at least) but no mention of the 1 series

Until 31 January, you're invited to take advantage of some outstanding packages* at Rolfe Classic BMW that will provide you with peace of mind motoring for years to come.

These packages are available across new BMW 3 Series Coupé and Convertible ranges, as well as new BMW X3, BMW X5 and BMW 5 Series vehicles.

The packages* include:
– BMW Service Inclusive Plus. This includes complimentary scheduled servicing and brake servicing for three years/60,000km.** Performed by authorised BMW technicians, BMW Service Inclusive Plus ensures that your BMW is perfectly maintained, while lowering your cost of ownership.

– BMW Full Circle with Guaranteed Future Value^ – provided by BMW Financial Services and available to approved commercial customers – to ensure you know exactly what your BMW will be worth at the end of your contract. BMW Full Circle is a simple, innovative concept that delivers unprecedented flexibility, security and peace of mind.

– Terrific sales incentives available across new BMW 3 Series Coupé and Convertible ranges, as well as new BMW X3, BMW X5 and BMW 5 Series vehicles.

We encourage you to visit Rolfe Classic BMW before 31 January to experience the sheer driving pleasure of a BMW. For further information contact a member of our sales team on 02 6208 4111 or follow the link to book a test drive.

We look forward to welcoming you at Rolfe Classic BMW, if you would like to view the range of BMW models please visit ww.rolfeclassic.bmw.com.au

Yours sincerely

Patrick Van Den Bogaart
Dealer Principal
Rolfe Classic BMW

Last edited by Alpine*; 01-07-2010 at 03:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #50
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
If that 118d is still available I would go for that over the 120i. More fuel efficient and the turbo diesel feels a lot more zippy than the 120i. I had a 120i as a loaner and thought it was very dull compared to the 118d that I usually get.
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #51
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep

Well I rang the dealer just now, spoke to the sales person and politely asked why he has not called me ... he just said that its because he can not give me the price I want. I said, well at least you could have called me back to say that , not keep me in the dark. I also mentioned that I would have expected that as a minimum level of service from a BMW dealer and that I was disappointed.

I now told him that I got rid of the car and that all I want now is the best price he can give on the 120i , he said he will call back within the hour.

Will keep u updated ...

Alternatively, I will call the few contacts I have been given by you guys and see what they have to offer.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 05:48 PM   #52
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep

update: dealer came back with $53K price ... he says he cant budge on that as thats apparently nearly 20% off new car.

I asked him for detailed breakdown of ALL options the car has on top of the basic setup including warranty and servicing details.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #53
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep

got the full list ... and I decided to take the plunge ...

EDIT: I know its not the best engine I picked in terms of power, however, its my first beemer and it can only get better from here

Last edited by Omarko; 01-07-2010 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #54
oz125
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 125M sport convertible

congrats Omarko. Don't regret anything, just enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 09:25 PM   #55
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Congrats!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #56
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep

thanks guys ! I am thrilled ... got all the finance etc approved ... and was just getting quotes for full comprehensive insurance and was blown away by AAMI quote ... absolutely amazing $995 premium ... could not believe it .. I triple checked all the details and its correct .. .

picking it up most likely on Tuesday next week ...

yay!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 04:11 AM   #57
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Congrats Omarko! Welcome to the family! It's a great car and you'll love it! Let's hope it only gets better for all of us!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #58
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Congrats - it is a pearler of an engine. It might not be as quick as the N54, but listen to that engine whine and the responsiveness of a I6 is just sheer joy.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 09:20 AM   #59
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Sparoz, thought 120i was a I4?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #60
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

Quote:
Yeah it is a 4...I'm getting around in a 2009 120i loaner while my wife's X5 is having some work done. It's got 2000km on the clock and a price sticker of $47k drive-away. Boy I'm glad I don't own a black car because this thing attracts dust and dirt like a magnet!

Bad thing is the wife is getting around in my M3 as it has the kids seats..not happy . She knows not to touch the "M" button though...........

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #61
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarko View Post
got the full list ... and I decided to take the plunge ...

EDIT: I know its not the best engine I picked in terms of power, however, its my first beemer and it can only get better from here
Congrats Omarko... Glad it all worked out in the end.. Although the sales person you are dealing with sounds very unprofessional.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 02:35 PM   #62
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Congrats Omarko... Glad it all worked out in the end.. Although the sales person you are dealing with sounds very unprofessional.
thank you

I did give him a piece of my mind politely .... also, if they do have a survey that they send out after vehicle purchase, I will express my thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 08:48 AM   #63
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I haven't followed the thread for a few days and didn't read through - I thought he was getting the 130i still... opps...

Still, that is a beautiful engine I had it in my 318i , and I had a 120i loaner. You'll be surprised how it would keep up with the 135i on the bend on the right gears .
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #64
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep

guys

can you explain something please ? What are the different sound system options for the 1 series ?

The dealer was adamant that the model I bought has subwoofers, he said there is 2 of them and that they are under the front seats. Is this correct? Or are the subwoofers part of more expensive sound system upgrade package?

cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 08:44 PM   #65
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarko View Post
guys

can you explain something please ? What are the different sound system options for the 1 series ?

The dealer was adamant that the model I bought has subwoofers, he said there is 2 of them and that they are under the front seats. Is this correct? Or are the subwoofers part of more expensive sound system upgrade package?

cheers
To me (and this is personal choice), i went with the stock-standard. The only music i need is from 6 pots under the bonnet and from twin exhausts at the rear

The sound quality in the Coupe is amazing, even for the stock standard.

As a bit of advice, email your dealer asking if the subwoofers are in the car. That way if your car comes and it doesn't have them, you have written evidence.

I have seen a dealer in Sydney verbally promise a year's free servicing only to relinquish that because it wasn't written.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #66
Omarko
Enlisted Member
Rep

thanks for that ...

reason why I asked about the subs is because we test drove another 120i that was there, no M sports pack, no Nav ... and the sound was ok , but not very bass-y.

In the 120i that I bought, when I turned the radio on, it was thumping significantly more ... I asked the dealer if it has subs in and he said yes, two, one under each seat. When I asked if the other car had subs as well, he said yes. After that I asked why is the bass so weak and I showed him, he did not know.

So how can I check whether the car has subs or not ? what do I look for exactly ?

Will my invoice show ALL extra options on the car ? I mean in detail ? I don't think the seller knew much as I asked him if it has the Business or the Pro Sat Nav and he did not know.
Appreciate 0