BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #45
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I doubt he is very anti BMW and very pro MB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealobo View Post
awesome...!

i hope Clarkson will like it!
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #46
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
Pretty sure he liked it

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post
Elsewhere in the magazine they said Clarkson drove it to review on the show this upcoming season. Has a pic of him in a VO.

Page 58:

Quote:
BMW 1-SERIES M, ORANGE, SMOKY, GOOD
We like the BMW 135i coupe because it has almost no styling and nobody has heard of it. So when Jeremy heard that BMW were doing an M version, he went tearing off to the track wearing his special tyre-smoking shoes as fast as you could shout: "POWEEEEEEER."

So we should be getting a lap time on the Top Gear Test track soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #47
Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

He is going to compare it with a tuned 135i and pick the 135i. Jk lol

Cant wait to see it.
MHD Custom Flash (E85) [Jake@MOTIV] / Vargas Stage 2 Turbos / Fuel it LPFP Stage 3+/ Moitiv Port Injection/ MMP Turbo Inlets/ 3.5 Tmap Sensor / ER FMIC /ER Chargepipe HKS-BOV / AA Downpipes / Agency Power Race mid pipes / Berk Technology race exhaust / BMW SSK / BC Forged Whees Toyo R888 tires / KW Club sport coilovers+KW Camber Plates / Spec stg2+Spec SMSFW/ APR Wing GTC200
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #48
SIM1er
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1M

In last weekend's Sunday Times, JC was reviewing the new 6 series and mentioned he loved the new 1M, and that it or the M3 were his favourite cars on the Market right now.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #49
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

Mine has Arrived also.

All i can say this car delivers. It s the best Bmw next to a E46 CSL

I never looked back to my E90 M3. This car is massive fun. I also own an GT3 MK2 very nice for trackdays. But for road fun the 1M is just absolutly insanely awesome.

If you look at it

this car screams at you saying:

Get in the F.ck..g car and drive the sh.t out of me.

Driving this car is addictive turbo power low down is increadable you can powerslide everywhere. My smile on my face can t be wiped off after driving this car. It is like tame a wild bull.

If jeremy is negativ about it. Then he is not telling the truth. The 1M is insane. It s a real M car. I never thougt i say that. But it is and a pretty good one.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #50
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
Mine has Arrived also.

I never looked back to my E90 M3. This car is massive fun. I also own an GT3 MK2 very nice for trackdays. But for road fun the 1M is just absolutly insanely awesome.

If you look at it

Driving this car is addictive turbo power low down is increadable you can powerslide everywhere. My smile on my face can t be wiped off after driving this car. It is like tame a wild bull.

If jeremy is negativ about it. Then he is not telling the truth. The 1M is insane. It s a real M car. I never thougt i say that. But it is and a pretty good one.
The question is, have you been able to maintain your drift with the throttle?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 07:03 PM   #51
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
The 1M is insane. It's a real M car. I never thougt i say that. But it is and a pretty good one.
Just want to highlight this for those that think that people are slurping kool aid and still feel it's not an M car..
Once you drive it..you know.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #52
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:

I don't agree with this at all. He loves cars with lots of torque. Most of the MB products fit that description with big motors or superchargers or BOTH. He has definitely stated that the M3 is one of the best cars out there... the review of the ZCP package M3 asked how could BMW improve on the best sedan out there.. and they concluded it was not worth the money for the package while still saying it's the best sedan out there. Pretty sure he liked the V10 M5 as well... but didn't like Idrive.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #53
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Mine has Arrived also.

If you look at it

So you followed all proper break in procedures I take it?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #54
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

True, but he also was in MB C63 AMG's corner against Richards choice of E92 M3 and pretty much called it sort of boring and nothing special. He even accused the then Stig of not trying and driving hard enough to beat the M3 times on track with C63 AMG. At which point the whole debate of hitting the apple on the apex came about.

JC. is known to think that most BMW owners are techno geeks that go around screaming look at me my car can do this and that......

I think the only BMW he clearly liked the most according to my memory with least gripe was the Z4 M against Porsche Cayman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I don't agree with this at all. He loves cars with lots of torque. Most of the MB products fit that description with big motors or superchargers or BOTH. He has definitely stated that the M3 is one of the best cars out there... the review of the ZCP package M3 asked how could BMW improve on the best sedan out there.. and they concluded it was not worth the money for the package while still saying it's the best sedan out there. Pretty sure he liked the V10 M5 as well... but didn't like Idrive.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:37 AM   #55
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
True, but he also was in MB C63 AMG's corner against Richards choice of E92 M3 and pretty much called it sort of boring and nothing special. He even accused the then Stig of not trying and driving hard enough to beat the M3 times on track with C63 AMG. At which point the whole debate of hitting the apple on the apex came about.

JC. is known to think that most BMW owners are techno geeks that go around screaming look at me my car can do this and that......

I think the only BMW he clearly liked the most according to my memory with least gripe was the Z4 M against Porsche Cayman.
If you watched that entire episode you'd remember that at the end of that review he stated that the M3 was clearly the better car and that the Benz and Audi were just copies... good copies, but copies nonetheless.

You'll also find that throughout all 16 seasons he has, whilst poking fun at the styling and the people who drive them, always said that the M3 is the best car in it's class.

He's been rather rude about some of the other Bimmers but the only M car he has actually stated a dislike for is the X5M.

Also, often he will take a controversial view of a car just to play devil's advocate or give a different viewpoint from Richard and/or James - then, after the review, when they cut back to the studio, he will tell you what he really thinks - and with BMWs it's almost never bad (apart from the styling )

- Harlequin
      06-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #56
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Richard 'The Hamster' Hammond liked it: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542479

I assume JC will like it too: availability of torque at low RPM range + driving stick again like back in the good ole days + ease to induce powersliding + less complicated iDrive + 2-in-1 concept due to the M button (he was underwhelmed by the E60 M5 "this M5 is a massive disappointment", until he pushed the notorious M button:
).
Quite likely that he will conclude that a CSL or GTS version would be a real treat (http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/b...bal-2011-01-20).

Anyway, if he does like it, the 1M will attract further attention and demand, making it even more difficult to get one at MSRP (if you can still manage to get your hands on a true allocation).
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 03:49 AM   #57
viva1MVO
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

Even though he usually exaggerates a great deal, I do agree with his underlying complaints of most cars. Even on BMW's he dislikes.
The only review of his that really irked me, was when he reviewed the X6 and called it useless because it couldn't go up a snow covered hill... except he was driving a X6 with the summer tire and rims...
His influence is a lot deeper than most would expect, I've had many people tell me, "oh, nice X6, but didn't Clarkson show in Top Gear that it won't even work in light snow?!"

Where I live is about 15 minutes of all uphill and windy roads, and I had feared when I got the X6 that it wouldn't handle the snow we get here as well as my 4runner, especially on the real steep portions. But with a set of snow tires the X6 is a beast in snow, far better than my 4runner with snows. If only if could go offroad like my 4runner
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 03:52 AM   #58
EmmDrei
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 Saphire Black 1M Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
The question is, have you been able to maintain your drift with the throttle?
Yes.

I happen to know, because Andre completed his first 1M drifts in my car. I've never had so much fun being a passenger in one of my own cars!

I'm sure we'll see some pretty cool drift videos anytime soon!
      06-22-2011, 04:07 AM   #59
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0129r3z

"Sunday, 20:00 on BBC Two (except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue))
Synopsis [June 26, 2011]
Jeremy Clarkson celebrates the 50th birthday of the Jaguar E-type by driving a modern, half a million pound interpretation of this classic sports car before putting on a typically low key birthday party involving live music, classic fighter planes and a group of Royal Marines.
Meanwhile, Richard Hammond is in South Africa to test a bigger, even more rugged alternative to the famous Hummer, while James May meets up with gold medal winning British Olympian Amy Williams for a wintry test of the latest Mini rally car.
Plus, the power crazed BMW 1-series M is on the test track and another top celebrity guest takes their place in the Reasonably Priced Car."
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 05:30 AM   #60
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Awesome, can't wait! Will it be available for download via iTunes? The BBC America replay will be delayed by a few months no doubt.

TG RULES!!!

They have been pretty quick lately getting new episodes up, at least they were last season. Its usually available for DL on FinalGear.

It might pop up on Streetfire as well guys.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 09:23 AM   #61
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
If you watched that entire episode you'd remember that at the end of that review he stated that the M3 was clearly the better car and that the Benz and Audi were just copies... good copies, but copies nonetheless.

You'll also find that throughout all 16 seasons he has, whilst poking fun at the styling and the people who drive them, always said that the M3 is the best car in it's class.

He's been rather rude about some of the other Bimmers but the only M car he has actually stated a dislike for is the X5M.

Also, often he will take a controversial view of a car just to play devil's advocate or give a different viewpoint from Richard and/or James - then, after the review, when they cut back to the studio, he will tell you what he really thinks - and with BMWs it's almost never bad (apart from the styling )

- Harlequin
Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #62
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0129r3z

"Sunday, 20:00 on BBC Two (except Northern Ireland (Analogue), Wales (Analogue))
Synopsis [June 26, 2011]
Jeremy Clarkson celebrates the 50th birthday of the Jaguar E-type by driving a modern, half a million pound interpretation of this classic sports car before putting on a typically low key birthday party involving live music, classic fighter planes and a group of Royal Marines.
Meanwhile, Richard Hammond is in South Africa to test a bigger, even more rugged alternative to the famous Hummer, while James May meets up with gold medal winning British Olympian Amy Williams for a wintry test of the latest Mini rally car.
Plus, the power crazed BMW 1-series M is on the test track and another top celebrity guest takes their place in the Reasonably Priced Car."
I just hope the lap time isn't asterisked with a (w). What are the chances we end up seeing it tested on a wet course?

Place your bets gentlemen....
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #63
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
Not true at all. Like another poster has commented, his last article in the UK Sunday times said that the 1M and the M3 are two of his most favorite cars on the market. He even admitted he's now becoming a Bimmer fan since the recent MB styling isn't what he likes.

He liked the 135i coupe a lot, so I see this is going to get a big thumbs up.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!

Last edited by jrlee53; 06-22-2011 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #64
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Awesome, I can't wait! I am sure he will love it, he liked the 135i a lot and believed it was the most true to form BMW compared to the original 2002, this can get only be better
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #65
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:

You really don't watch the show do you, lol. I guess you also missed the last review of the M3 Competition Pack where quoted "The M3 is the best... and that's an end of it" or how he moved every BMW M car up to super cool in the cool wall.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #66
lbcyclist
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E34 M5, gone but missed

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles View Post
I didn't realise that many people outside the uk watched tg. I didn't think clarksons humour (namely taking the pee out of americans/french/germans) translate too well!
He is entertaining in the way a drunk, stupid old relative is,
Appreciate 0