BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
Johnny Quid
RocknRolla
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 1.35i

Future 1.35i owner?

Hi guys,

Just joined the forum and thinking about getting a 1.35i.
I'll probably chose it with the basic stuff; MT, Sport Package, iPod and Heated Seats.
Right now I'm visiting dealers, and I already don't like the process...any suggestions on where to go?
Hopefully I'll come to a decision by the end of December.

Nice meeting you all,
John
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #2
Bdh821
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Congrats! I do not recommend doing business with Wagner BMW of Shrewsbury. Seems people have had goodluck with Tulley of Nashua. The 135i is a great car tho! Enjoy and welcome to 1addicts!!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
Johnny Quid
RocknRolla
United_States
Rep

Thanks Bdh.
Also did you have that famous fuel pump issue?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
Bdh821
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M550i

Yes I did. The reason I don't recommend Wagner is because of how they treated me when I brought in my car for the HPFP issue.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bdh821#p/a/u/0/2QpZBfmSJeY

Just watch that and read the description. You will understand. But don't let that change your mind about this car. It is a sweet ride
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #5
Johnny Quid
RocknRolla
United_States
Rep

Thanks.
I test-drove the car and I can't stop thinking about it lol so I'm going to go for it eventually.
I don't know much about mechanics but maybe the N55 engine will do the trick on the HPFP...
The CA I talked to at Peabody will confirmed this week if I'll get the single turbo engine if I custom order the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 07:22 AM   #6
Artmasterx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2006 Volvo V70R  [10.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I have a 128i purchase from Shrewsbury and I haven't had any problems, but I also haven't really interacted with them since the purchase.

I have also heard good things about Tulley in Nashua.

FORMERLY: 128i coupe
Alpine White | Sports Package | Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
vogelfanger
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M Roadster

Congrats man! That sounds like a sweet package.

I went to Tulley when I got my 128i and came away with a good impression (my CA there was Keith). I didn't end up buying from them because I got a better price from Norwood. I must say, though, Norwood's service was atrocious. I think the dealership is okay but my CA Tom was absolutely incompetent.
-He forgot to put my order in with BMW (I did a build-to-order) and I had to call/e-mail him for two weeks for him to respond and realize that.
-I did PCD and my CA sent me the wrong forms to fill out. I only found out when I tried to send them to PCD and found out they discontinued those forms back in 2003
-I paid the dealer to get license plates for me and he almost didn't get them done in time for my PCD
-He was terrible about communicating with me throughout the process, both to update me and to get important information from me for the process to go forward

If I were to do this again, I'd probably go to Tulley. The Tulley CA was contacting me more than my own CA at Norwood after I ordered the car. That's pretty sad.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
Dr_Jones
Major
Rep
Drives:

Ive got to go with brian on this one.

anywhere but wagner...

Peabody is where i picked my girl up.

Count on going through a few fuel pumps as the new pump designs have NOT fixed the issues

I just had the mother of all long cranks this morning and the car will likely have to sit on a dealer lot for a few days to get the pump swapped out. This will be my second to fail.

Would i buy the car again...absolutely

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #9
Johnny Quid
RocknRolla
United_States
Rep

Thanks for all these helpful comments.
One last question; is $500 over invoice the best price I would be able to get for a 2010 or do you think I could shoot for less?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #10
Rachel
Dangerous Curves
United_States
Rep
Drives: better than the boys ;)

Garage List
2011 Ducati 848EVO  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
I bought my car from Tulley. They were overall pretty good. The only downside is the shop service foreman. I use BMW of Newport for everything now. Probably a bit of a hike for you though.
      12-12-2009, 01:01 PM   #11
crew09
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540 xdrive

Garage List
I went to Norwood, the sales guy I had was very competent, ask for Dave. He initially gave me a ridiculously high offer on a 2009 135i for a roughly $600/month lease, when I explained I had gotten an offer close to $500 at Sudbury for a similarly spec'ed car, he instantly went down; I think they try to high ball you there, you just have to be willing to play the game and they'll come down. He was extremely helpful after the sale too, called several times to check up with me to make sure everything was going well with the car.

I wouldn't go to Sudbury because of my experience there. The sales person I had there was extremely high pressure and tried to sell me a car with a color combo I wasn't interested in and several extra features. He even seemed upset that I wanted to go out and see/test drive the car he was trying to sell me because it was raining. That seemed a bit ridiculous to me; when I'm buying a $40k car I expect to be able to at least look it over before doing the deal. When I emailed him back after visiting to say I'd prefer to wait and order he never contacted me again. The only good part of the experience there was I was able to use the offer to leverage Norwood into getting a better deal.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
Johnny Quid
RocknRolla
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crew09 View Post
I went to Norwood, the sales guy I had was very competent, ask for Dave. He initially gave me a ridiculously high offer on a 2009 135i for a roughly $600/month lease, when I explained I had gotten an offer close to $500 at Sudbury for a similarly spec'ed car, he instantly went down; I think they try to high ball you there, you just have to be willing to play the game and they'll come down. He was extremely helpful after the sale too, called several times to check up with me to make sure everything was going well with the car.

I wouldn't go to Sudbury because of my experience there. The sales person I had there was extremely high pressure and tried to sell me a car with a color combo I wasn't interested in and several extra features. He even seemed upset that I wanted to go out and see/test drive the car he was trying to sell me because it was raining. That seemed a bit ridiculous to me; when I'm buying a $40k car I expect to be able to at least look it over before doing the deal. When I emailed him back after visiting to say I'd prefer to wait and order he never contacted me again. The only good part of the experience there was I was able to use the offer to leverage Norwood into getting a better deal.
Thanks for the info; it seems that you got a really sweet deal. I wonder how far off it will be for a 2010?
My contact at Norwood is Harris hopefully we can agree on same kind of pricing.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #13
bimmer74
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan

I bought my 128i from Harris in Norwood and was pretty happy. He even straightened out an incompetent parts person by getting the parts manager for me. I will be going in for the annual service soon so I don't know how their service dept is.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #14
LeoHammer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I live in nashua, but i drove all the way to BMW of West Springfield in MA to get mine, primarily because I wanted to buy it that same day and at the time they were the only ones around that had a white 135i... and I HATE Tulley, every time i drive by it i pray for a plane to crash into it. and Ira BMW of Stratham, NH was pretty amazing when I got my Z4 back in 2005 but thats probably too far for you.