BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-28-2020, 08:51 PM   #1
WanaGo
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E87 120i N46B20B

2007 E87 120i - Carly Error Code 2E1C

Hi,

I recently got my 2007 E87 120i LCi, it has the N46B20B engine, 6 speed Auto.
Its done 89000Km, which is about 55000 Miles, give or take.

I got Carly the other day, along with the Carly Universal Adaptor, and when I first did the health scan I had 3 errors. A few days later I cleared the codes, and one of them has since returned.

002E1C, Generator communicatio.

It has a lightning bolt symbol and says 'acceptable'.
What does this even mean in relation to a Fault?

One of the other errors which has not returned, came up as 'bad'. Bad for a fault makes more sense to me than acceptable. What on earth does that even mean?

Does anyone have any idea what the fault code is?

Generator, as in Alternator? Communicatio I assume is a truncated Communication, so is my Alternator not talking to the computer or something?

I noticed when trying some of the Coding on Carly, that it said a warning message about being below 12.5V (I think it was 12.5 anyway). I did a battery test though and it said the battery was good but just needed a bit of a charge. I then did a charging test and it said the battery was fine during a start and it was charging OK, so I am at a bit of a loss as to what it is.

I haven't taken the distribution block off the top of the battery to examine what the battery even is, if its still the original one or if it has been replaced.

When I first got it, I had a few misfire like symptoms, but no fault code. It would bumble on a cold start for 10 seconds or so, but then come right, and its bumbled a few times on the motor way, but came right too. I have been running 95 or 98 BP gas since having it, and ran some injector cleaner through on the first full tank of 98. I have since changed the plugs, oil and filter too. It hasnt bumbled or run rough since doing the injector cleaner, however it did stumble once or twice on the motorway again. But pretty brief episodes.

The old plugs were burning well, slightly worn tips and darkened ceramic near the base, so they were due for changing, but nothing untoward looking in there.
Coils are still the original Bosch ones I believe.

Anyone have any ideas about any of this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2020, 08:50 PM   #2
WanaGo
Rep

I assume no one has seen the code 2E1C before... ?
No one... ?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
WanaGo
Rep

Does anyone at least have any idea what a fault that is 'Acceptable' means, relative to a fault which is 'Bad' ??
Surely I cant be the only one that is seeing this...
Appreciate 0