BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-20-2008, 05:26 PM   #45
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester View Post
Who is going to make "for off road use" only parts for a 135i? It is surely one of the most "on road only" cars out there. In any event, there simply is not enough 135i's in North America for someone to take that risk. The only way you can get these is to get them from Europe, or purchase them on eBay. There were a set a few weeks ago for sale on Ebay. One of our members in Calgary ordered them from a friend in Norway. Note - in Canada they are legal for use, but not in the USA.
Off road could mean off public roads like a race track so they could still sell them for the 1 series. I had an e46 330Ci I did all clear on, even the reflectors in the bumper were clear. I do not think the cops know the DOT/NTSB rules for lights, at least not in Idaho.
      10-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #46
135forthewin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: sideways

During the day the amber doesn't really bother me, it's at night when the amber light shines bright that kills the look of the front of the car at night.
So has anyone just replaced the amber bulbs for silver ones? It wouldn't make a big difference during the day, but at night it sure would.
Appreciate 0