E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong members, please sign in here for a meet!

Closed Thread

05-29-2006, 09:37 AM   #1321
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: from Deutchland

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinso
That was the price BMWHK has charged me. Since my car was already 6 months old, they have no excuse to charge me.
I will say $800 is ok. If they charge you tax, forget it at this moment.
$800 is ok if painted and installed by BMWHK
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2006, 10:12 AM   #1322
Neekulaz
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320i SG/Biege/Walnut

Guys, I've a quick question.

How is Bi-Xenon different from a normal Xenon light? It seems to me that Bi-Xenon means Xenon is installed for both high and low beam, rite?

My 320i comes with Bi-Xenon as a selected option. However, I've not noticed until recently (I was completely new to cars months ago) that when I used or flashed the high beam, the yellowish bulb located next to the Xenon bulb will light up, resulting in a mix of Xenon and a yellowish light when the high beam is used.

Just wanna ask if there's something wrong with this. Should BMWHK have installed four xenon light bulbs in the light compartment? Is what I've described above normal? It would be a really nightmare if it is not. I need to have a good talk with BMWHK - even if I've signed the vehicle acceptance form.

Thanks guys for helping out.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #1323
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekulaz
Guys, I've a quick question.

How is Bi-Xenon different from a normal Xenon light? It seems to me that Bi-Xenon means Xenon is installed for both high and low beam, rite?

My 320i comes with Bi-Xenon as a selected option. However, I've not noticed until recently (I was completely new to cars months ago) that when I used or flashed the high beam, the yellowish bulb located next to the Xenon bulb will light up, resulting in a mix of Xenon and a yellowish light when the high beam is used.

Just wanna ask if there's something wrong with this. Should BMWHK have installed four xenon light bulbs in the light compartment? Is what I've described above normal? It would be a really nightmare if it is not. I need to have a good talk with BMWHK - even if I've signed the vehicle acceptance form.

Thanks guys for helping out.
As far as I know, the bi-xenon means both low and high beam are xenon. It is normal that when you "flash" your high beam, the yellow halogen bulbs light up because when you "flash" your high beam, probably you are encountering some "emergency or hazards" and the xenon will take at least 2-3 seconds before they are lighted up. Imagine when you "flash" your high beam during "emergency situations" and you have to wait for 2-3 seconds that's why the yellow halogen lights up in order to give you instant lighting

If you try to set your Xenon high beam constantly on (not flashing it) then you should not see the yellowish halogen high beam (I am not sure exactly, try it and tell us )
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 06:43 AM   #1324
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Guys,

Please visit the below tread to sign up for our 5th meet.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/calend...=2006-6-11&c=1

Please click the [I will be attending this meet] on the bottom of the above post to sign up, thanks.

Some of you may noticed that the link on my last PM didn't work but anyway, it will work this time

Look forward to meet you guys soon!

Cheers,
Patrick

Last edited by RD Sport; 05-30-2006 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #1325
ksquare
Captain
Rep
Drives: 535 GT

Guys,

I have just sent my car for an audio upgrade. I'm going to have the front done up first and see how it sounds before I change the rears.

I'll be using morel 3 way elate speakers, the woofer will be under the seats, mid in the 4" door panel and the tweeter on the window side.

The speakers will be driven bi-amp with a 105W four channel amp. The amp is made in Italy called Steg.

Got the Audio control LC6 signal converter to connect the headunit to the amp.

Just can't wait till Saturday when I get my car back....
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #1326
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquare
Guys,

I have just sent my car for an audio upgrade. I'm going to have the front done up first and see how it sounds before I change the rears.

I'll be using morel 3 way elate speakers, the woofer will be under the seats, mid in the 4" door panel and the tweeter on the window side.

The speakers will be driven bi-amp with a 105W four channel amp. The amp is made in Italy called Steg.

I think kelvinso would love to listen to your audio....
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 11:12 AM   #1327
ksquare
Captain
Rep
Drives: 535 GT

Fingers crossed, my car will come back in one piece and with a made in heaven audio!!!

Read so many nasty things in the audio section
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #1328
Neekulaz
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320i SG/Biege/Walnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Sport
As far as I know, the bi-xenon means both low and high beam are xenon. It is normal that when you "flash" your high beam, the yellow halogen bulbs light up because when you "flash" your high beam, probably you are encountering some "emergency or hazards" and the xenon will take at least 2-3 seconds before they are lighted up. Imagine when you "flash" your high beam during "emergency situations" and you have to wait for 2-3 seconds that's why the yellow halogen lights up in order to give you instant lighting

If you try to set your Xenon high beam constantly on (not flashing it) then you should not see the yellowish halogen high beam (I am not sure exactly, try it and tell us )
Tried out today. Switched the high beam on continuously but the yellow halogen light doesn't go out. Still a mix of white beam and yellow light. Looks extremely weird.

Any other comments? If not probably I'll ring up BMWHK and ask
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 10:08 PM   #1329
LKW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 323i available on Aug

Hi All,
Just to say hello to everybody.
My 2nd wife will available on Aug. 2 months has past and 3 months have to wait more.

Wa
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #1330
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKW
Hi All,
Just to say hello to everybody.
My 2nd wife will available on Aug. 2 months has past and 3 months have to wait more.

Wa
Welcome LKW Curious, you mentioned the 323i is your 2nd wife but is your 1st wife really your wife or another car?

Still 3 months to go. I can feel your pain!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2006, 11:25 PM   #1331
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 G29

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
Guys,

Ksquare,

It's going to be great! ...Saturday is the big date! Hope you can come to the next meet and we can all have a listen.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2006, 11:30 AM   #1332
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekulaz
Tried out today. Switched the high beam on continuously but the yellow halogen light doesn't go out. Still a mix of white beam and yellow light. Looks extremely weird.

Any other comments? If not probably I'll ring up BMWHK and ask
I wouldn't worry about it if you've got both Xenon high and low beam
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2006, 08:46 PM   #1333
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Guys,

kc,
Have you considered to replace the head unit. I really fancy the new JVC headunit with a small LCD monitor for dvd playback.
t
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 07:21 AM   #1334
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Glad to see members are taking advantage of the new meets calendar system (http://www.e90post.com/forums/calend...=2006-6-11&c=1).

Aside from the ability to keep a tally of members who indicate they are attending, the calendar also has the ability to send you a reminder about the event.

Simply click on "Request Reminder For This Event" in the upper right hand corner of the event view and you will be able to specify how far in advance you'd like to be notified.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #1335
HO
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Say Hi to all HK members.

Being a member here for a while and just notice the regional forum. Cannot see you guys in the gathering as the meeting schedules always crashed my shift duty. Nice to have a place to chat about car mod among HK members .
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #1336
Beefy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 330d Trotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Sport

Absolutely right, due to the current limitation of bi-xenon technology, halogen light is used when you flash. However, the mechanical reflector will be activated if you switch it to high beam.
Hope this helps
Beefy
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #1337
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 G29

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HO

Being a member here for a while and just notice the regional forum. Cannot see you guys in the gathering as the meeting schedules always crashed my shift duty. Nice to have a place to chat about car mod among HK members .

Hello HO,

From your photo/icon, looks like we have the same car and color......
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #1338
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO

Hi Ho,

Yes, we have started the Hong Kong thread quite a long time ago. Didn't I invite you to join?

Hope to see you on our future meets

Last edited by RD Sport; 06-01-2006 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #1339
woo
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 323i collect on 13 Sep 06

Hello Ho,
nice to meet you here. Wow, look at the 1st page and found that we have total 24 menbers from HK! (I am just a half member as my car's not yet been build!)
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #1340
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuE90
Hello HO,

From your photo/icon, looks like we have the same car and color......
Yes, you 2 has the same car TiAg 325i
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 10:44 AM   #1341
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo
Hello Ho,
nice to meet you here. Wow, look at the 1st page and found that we have total 24 menbers from HK! (I am just a half member as my car's not yet been build!)
24 members are still very little. I see E90s on the road everyday
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2006, 11:12 AM   #1342
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Glad to see members are taking advantage of the new meets calendar system (http://www.e90post.com/forums/calend...=2006-6-11&c=1).

Aside from the ability to keep a tally of members who indicate they are attending, the calendar also has the ability to send you a reminder about the event.

Simply click on "Request Reminder For This Event" in the upper right hand corner of the event view and you will be able to specify how far in advance you'd like to be notified.
Thanks Jason. The new meet calendar system rocks
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread