BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #1
2002ish
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Does Bmw Maintenance Warranty cover BMW performance brakes?

Hey everyone,

As the title inquires, I am wondering if the BMW Maintenance for 4yr / 50k covers replacement pads / rotors for the original BMW yellow Performance Brakes. If it does would they need to be installed by a BMW service center or could they be installed by an independent shop? For clarification, I would be putting on a new set of pads / rotors initially and wouldn't expect them to cover used components being freshly installed.

I still have a few years left for my maintenance plan and want to get the most out of it; however, I really want those cool brakes... so kinda on the fence here.

Thanks for any help on this!

Last edited by 2002ish; 09-03-2015 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

If they were on the car when you bought it new then ..yes they should be covered.
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #3
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Call your service advisor and ask.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #4
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002ish
Hey everyone,

As the title inquires, I am wondering if the BMW Maintenance for 4yr / 50k covers replacement pads / rotors for the original BMW yellow Performance Brakes. If it does would they need to be installed by a BMW service center or could they be installed by an independent shop? For clarification, I would be putting on a new set of pads / rotors initially and wouldn't expect them to cover used components being freshly installed.

I still have a few years left for my maintenance plan and want to get the most out of it; however, I really want those cool brakes... so kinda on the fence here.

Thanks for any help on this!
I think I read once a while back that they would honor the free maintenance on the BMW Perf brakes, since they're an OEM part, but it might have to be dealer-installed, and it may vary dealer to dealer.
      11-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #5
2002ish
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Forgot about this thread ... I spoke to my service advisor about this:

He said if they were dealer installed BMW would cover them under the service plan. The problem was he didn't want to install just the front brakes... only the actual kit that includes the slightly larger rear brakes.

I suppose this could vary dealer to dealer though. Hope this helps someone.
Appreciate 0