BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-15-2018, 10:50 PM   #89
JimVonBaden
BMW Cool Aide!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerAg View Post
I agree.
      06-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #90
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

I dunno if you replaced your muffler but if not put it back on immediately. You didn't gain anything taking it off and now whenever you actually try to drive fast everyone will know about it. You will get on people's radar for being that asshole and cops will hear you and seek you out. Also in your OP you mention losing in corners to a civic because it has adaptive suspension; corners are handled entirely by driving skill (and on the street who is more willing to run from the cops / get arrested). Avoid both those things like the plague. Anyway your skill is still developing and performance driving is entirely separate skill from normal driving so don't push your comfort zone driving fast unless you're in a parking lot or somewhere it doesn't matter if the car doesn't react the way you thought it would. When you push your comfort zone is when shit happens, and by the way if you're hitting housecats you're driving way too fast, in someone's neighborhood no less! That is an entirely avoidable, asshole move that there is just no reason for.

Now don't take any of this the wrong way, you're on the right path and have a badass car, I'm just pointing out some things you can keep an eye on early to stay out of trouble.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2018, 11:36 AM   #91
F13.KENN
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
I dunno if you replaced your muffler but if not put it back on immediately. You didn't gain anything taking it off and now whenever you actually try to drive fast everyone will know about it. You will get on people's radar for being that asshole and cops will hear you and seek you out. Also in your OP you mention losing in corners to a civic because it has adaptive suspension; corners are handled entirely by driving skill (and on the street who is more willing to run from the cops / get arrested). Avoid both those things like the plague. Anyway your skill is still developing and performance driving is entirely separate skill from normal driving so don't push your comfort zone driving fast unless you're in a parking lot or somewhere it doesn't matter if the car doesn't react the way you thought it would. When you push your comfort zone is when shit happens, and by the way if you're hitting housecats you're driving way too fast, in someone's neighborhood no less! That is an entirely avoidable, asshole move that there is just no reason for.

Now don't take any of this the wrong way, you're on the right path and have a badass car, I'm just pointing out some things you can keep an eye on early to stay out of trouble.
Not taking any of this the wrong way!

The muffler delete sounds pretty mh like stock to be honest. Wasnt even that much of a difference and I’ll probably get it put back on.

I know my limits and the cars limits and stay within my comfort zone. That civic was taking corners around 70-80mph were as my car was starting to understeer or have a little bit of oversteer around 60mph in the same curve. That thing was insane! Im DEFINITELY not the best driver out there by no means but i do have decent skill, probably picked up from my dad.

The only time i really mess around in turns and go fast are on the almost deserted mountain roads about 30 mins from my house.

When i hit all 4 of the animals i was going around 50-57mph (55mph speed limit) in each of the situations. Rural alabama has TONS of critters and stray animals roaming around and especially at night. All those animals i hit were at night and appeared at the VERY LAST second

But thank you for your reply! Hopefully you dont take my response the wrong way either!

Last edited by F13.KENN; 06-27-2018 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #92
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Animals (cats, possums, skunks, raccoons, deer, elephants, etc.) always seem to cross at just the wrong time and some times it's just unavoidable.
      06-28-2018, 02:53 AM   #93
F13.KENN
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quick picture to show some of the rust and corrosion i have going on with the rear end. Looks more scary in real life..

Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #94
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_e82 View Post
Quick picture to show some of the rust and corrosion i have going on with the rear end. Looks more scary in real life..

There was a Miata at my last track weekend that had the plate RSTYBTM, and his car was rusty in the rear.

But yeah, that's rusty. Might wanna swap in an M subframe with a diff...