BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #23
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

There is absolutely no way that switching from DCI to Mr. 5 changes WOT smoothness. I've run a Mr. 5 intake several times and produced many logs with the only difference being WGDC increasing by ~5% with the Mr. 5 vs DCI and my IAT being slightly lower after idling in traffic with the Mr. 5.

I do like the stealth look, I was considering running the Mr. 5 after I install my inlets, will have to do some logging and check wgdc.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #24
cbl117
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
There is absolutely no way that switching from DCI to Mr. 5 changes WOT smoothness. I've run a Mr. 5 intake several times and produced many logs with the only difference being WGDC increasing by ~5% with the Mr. 5 vs DCI and my IAT being slightly lower after idling in traffic with the Mr. 5.

I do like the stealth look, I was considering running the Mr. 5 after I install my inlets, will have to do some logging and check wgdc.
Can you educate me on what waste gate duty cycle does for you. And what's preferred? I.e higher or lower duty cycle.

Thanks .
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #25
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl117
Quote:

Can you educate me on what waste gate duty cycle does for you. And what's preferred? I.e higher or lower duty cycle.

Thanks .
wgdc is how much "effort" the turbos require to put out in order to reach a certain boost level. Lower is better and is indicative of healthy or new turbos that don't need to work hard and a low amount of restrictons (small inlets, clogged air filters, etc) are all restrictions on the turbos and will increase wgdc
      06-18-2015, 05:55 AM   #26
highbrowed
Boost Addict
Rep
Drives: 135i 6MT w/ N54 Delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36addict View Post
Uhm.. what? That looks ridiculous.. and pointless. Just get a BMS DCI lol
This. But to each his own.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 10:32 PM   #27
cbl117
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 335i

Quote:
wgdc is how much "effort" the turbos require to put out in order to reach a certain boost level. Lower is better and is indicative of healthy or new turbos that don't need to work hard and a low amount of restrictons (small inlets, clogged air filters, etc) are all restrictions on the turbos and will increase wgdc
Thanks. Makes sense.

CURRENT: 2013 TSM 335i 6AT | Stock!!...for now |
SOLD: 2010 CR 135i 6MT | 351 WHP 387 WTQ | Dinan Stage 2 | Dinan Intercooler | BMS DCI | Berk Street Axle Back | N55 Midpipe | BMWP Y-Pipe | Bilstein HD Dampers | BMWP Springs | Whiteline RSFB Inserts | 225/255 RE71R | CDV Delete | CF Diffuser |
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #28
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetaobear View Post
- Hard Logs and Numbers (coming up!)

==========
Hard Logs and Numbers

Coming up!
ever get a chance to run some logs? thanks for sharing this mod
      07-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #29
muddtt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i (E88)

I bought some of the parts to do this on my convertible, but there is a bar behind the headlight that prevents any tube from going down. I 3D printed some parts that were going to be for my flange. You can go and buy the aluminium part if you think that's more stable. Anyways $115 + shipping if you're interested.

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #30
Obiwan31
France
Rep
Drives: 135i - N55 - DKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetaobear View Post
Not sure if this has been done for the N55 engine. This is for the N54
N55 airbox design is not similar to the N54 one. Here is what I've done on my N55 135.

Chhers,

Obi
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #31
muddtt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i (E88)

Here's the E88 Convertible version I finished.

The vert has a tube near the headlight to stiffen the car which prevents a 2.25" tube from going down. Ended up using two 1.25" tubes instead which just fits. Of course, it's not as much volume as the larger tube, but still better than nothing.

Used some 3D printed parts to accommodate the two tubes. I used some gasket material and hardware to mount the parts to the airbox so I could remove it and make changes if necessary.

For the filter side I 3D printed a part to accommodate the same filter used in this build.

If you want the 3D models to make your own let me know.
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2016, 05:51 PM   #32
Downeaster1
BMW Master Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E36, E82, E90, F10, F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiwan31 View Post
N55 airbox design is not similar to the N54 one. Here is what I've done on my N55 135.

Chhers,

Obi
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddtt View Post

The vert has a tube near the headlight to stiffen the car which prevents a 2.25" tube from going down. Ended up using two 1.25" tubes instead which just fits. Of course, it's not as much volume as the larger tube, but still better than nothing.

Used some 3D printed parts to accommodate the two tubes. I used some gasket material and hardware to mount the parts to the airbox so I could remove it and make changes if necessary.

For the filter side I 3D printed a part to accommodate the same filter used in this build.

Hats off to both of you as that looks like a fairly clean design and install. The proper materials (in my opinion) were used, and it looks very clean and not hacked at all. Good stuff!
135is #502 of 586
BMW LED Performance Wheel | OEM FULL Carbon Fiber | E9X M3 Gauge Cluster | E9X Exterior Mirrors | E9X M3 Full Suspension | E9X M3 Diff | PT-CAN2 Enabled | Bilstiens | Michelin PSS's | NBT Navigation Retrofit with Touch Pad
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 02:02 PM   #33
thetaobear
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Crimson Red

Wow, you guys are going serious with this. Looks super clean!!!

Overtime, the hose gets a little cut up. I am really wondering what is the best hose to get these days that is more robust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddtt View Post

Appreciate 0