BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #67
Bruck
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i MT Alpine White

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
The problem with concavity for rims for the 1-series is our offsets. There is only so much concavity you can get while designing a rim that properly fits our cars.
so you're saying they are still less concave - but the closest yet? can anyone illustrate how off they are? (maybe with a comparison photo)

Shadow Blue MK6 GTI 4-Dr DSG
Euro OEM Reverse Camera |
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2009, 08:37 PM   #68
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruck View Post
so you're saying they are still less concave - but the closest yet? can anyone illustrate how off they are? (maybe with a comparison photo)
The are less concave. They are the best yet since they are the only one's that really fit.

Obviously, they won't have the concavity of ones that would go on E90's.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 04:35 AM   #69
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
I will reserve judgement until these see the light of day. I was on the ORIGINAL group buy over a year ago for these (w/Morr alloys...same "parent" company) and it took at least six months...and the wheels were never made....so once they have actual stock then I will become a believer....not trying to dissuade anyone, but want the facts to be known. Love the wheels though (same wheels as was being shown before too...)
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 05:12 AM   #70
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
I will reserve judgement until these see the light of day. I was on the ORIGINAL group buy over a year ago for these (w/Morr alloys...same "parent" company) and it took at least six months...and the wheels were never made....so once they have actual stock then I will become a believer....not trying to dissuade anyone, but want the facts to be known. Love the wheels though (same wheels as was being shown before too...)
I didn't realise there was previously an unsuccessful group buy for these wheels last year by this same company. That's very concerning. Did anyone lose any money? By the way when Alufelgen charged my credit card for this group buy it came up as Morr Alloys on my statement.

I've contacted Alufelgen many times as they have not provided me with an invoice and now they've told me to wait a week and they will send me one. I don't understand why I would have to wait a week anyway? I find that very unusual.

Up until I processed my credit card details to commit to this group buy I was getting fantastic service, all my questions answered by PM straight away and now I'm getting no response to my PM's. Now I'm being asked to delete my posts from the thread!??
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #71
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I didn't realise there was previously an unsuccessful group buy for these wheels last year by this same company. That's very concerning. Did anyone lose any money? By the way when Alufelgen charged my credit card for this group buy it came up as Morr Alloys on my statement.

I've contacted Alufelgen many times as they have not provided me with an invoice and now they've told me to wait a week and they will send me one. I don't understand why I would have to wait a week anyway? I find that very unusual.

Up until I processed my credit card details to commit to this group buy I was getting fantastic service, all my questions answered by PM straight away and now I'm getting no response to my PM's. Now I'm being asked to delete my posts from the thread!??

Yes well....I feel your pain/ecstasy. The waiting is painful, but the look of the wheels is ecstasy.

Just remember most group buys go through some type of growing pains. We will just watch and wait and see what comes of this one.

*Nobody lost money that I know of so that is a good thing.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 10:00 AM   #72
oasis3582
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

I don't think there is any way these guys should be charging anyone's credit card until they are actually shipping the wheels. That seems quite shady to me.
Previous: VW GTI, Tesla Model 3 LR, Mazda MX-5 RF, Ford Mustang GT (x2), Mazda 3, BMW Z4 sDrive35i, Acura TSX, BMW 135i, Acura TSX, Honda Accord Coupe V6, Acura RDX, Pontiac GTO 6.0, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #73
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Quote:

There is nothing like disputing the charges with your credit card company to light a fire under them. Just cite the fact that they have taken your money and have not provided you with an invoice or a shipping date after multiple promises to do so.

Let it be known that I hate going to extremes to get results, but sometimes it is warranted and definitely needed.
      10-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #74
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

This is the previous group buy thread:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...morr+group+buy

it was not for the same wheels.

This is the thread that goes over the terms of the group buy:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224109
15 people were needed for the GB to proceed.

I think if you really believe this is a scam or the GB is not proceeding to your expectations, either don't order or ask for a refund because this GB will not go any faster because of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #75
mpukas
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
The gunmetal is a metallic paint in a color darker than silver but lighter than dark gray. The Hypernblack is a reflective paint which varies depending on angles, it can go from a dark gray (nearly black) to a dark gunmetal. If you look at the hyerblack picture at 10' o-clock and 4' o-clock you can have an idea of what i`m referring to.
Is there any difference in durability of these painted surfaces vs the other finishes offered? Is one easier to clean - or less likely to look filthy quickly - than the other? Thanks. mpp
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #76
M3_Dust
Michelin Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis3582 View Post
I don't think there is any way these guys should be charging anyone's credit card until they are actually shipping the wheels. That seems quite shady to me.
well then how would they bankroll the production
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #77
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Before this gets severely out of hand I must address the posts below:

Quote:
The moulds for this production have been done. As well as the CAD drawings, FEA testing, VIA/JWL testing and certification as the first article as well. The wheels are done. We are receiving the samples this week to proceed with proper fitment testing to give the production green light.

Now let me clarify your statement about the previous Group buy. The previous Group Buy was conducted by MORR, not AluFelgen, and not for a CSL wheel but for the VS7/VS8 wheel that cost nearly $3,000/set. The Group Buy didn't take 6-months, there was an attempt to make this in 1-series fitments and not enough commitment to justify a production so the wheels were never made. The way your post is stated implies that the GB was started and after 6-months there were no wheels produced which is not correct and needs to be clarify.

This is a production from AluFelgen and for the CS7 wheels, nothing to do with MORR or their current designs.

Quote:

As I explained above there was no previous Group Buy from us. It was a Group Buy from MORR and nobody lost any more because the Group Buy never launched.

About your invoice, let me clarify this. This is what I said, and I quote, "I can have the invoice sent this week. Do you need me to send you an GCO invoice for the TPMS sensors?". Since you wanted to add TPMS sensors to your order we prefer you complete your order and we send one combine invoice for both items. We never said it`ll take a week.

About your PMs, every single PM has been responded. We have a lot of other things to do in the company so we are not always on the computer. We reply every PM within 24 hours, if we don't, unless is an urgent matter please give us the courtesy of 48 to have an answer for you. We receive an overwhelming amount of PMs every day and it takes some time to clear our inbox. I even continue responding to PMs from home because 8-5 sometimes is not enough. That is why sometimes you receive PMs at 9:00 PM. Also, if you send a PM on a Friday at 7:00 PM please do not say we have failed to reply to your PM. Please wait until Monday morning and your PM will be replied the moment we step into the office.

I really appreciate your business and it has helped make this production possible but Vinney, if in any way you do not feel comfortable with this purchase please let me know and I`ll provide a full refund for your order within minutes of your confirmation. The terms of this Group Buy were made clear to every participant and is the same terms used by every other wheel company conducting a Group Buy, including RAC for their RG63. If our slight delay in answering your PMs is what's making you uncomfortable then I suggest you email us instead at wheels@alufelgenco.com since we have a full staff that can take care of any questions you have.

Quote:
Yes well....I feel your pain/ecstasy. The waiting is painful, but the look of the wheels is ecstasy.

Just remember most group buys go through some type of growing pains. We will just watch and wait and see what comes of this one.

*Nobody lost money that I know of so that is a good thing.
Every Group Buy goes through an agonizing waiting phase. Sample wheels will be here this week. I`ll provide mounted shot as soon as they arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis3582 View Post
Appreciate your input. Group Buy typically work with some sort of commitment from the buyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
There is nothing like disputing the charges with your credit card company to light a fire under them. Just cite the fact that they have taken your money and have not provided you with an invoice or a shipping date after multiple promises to do so.

Let it be known that I hate going to extremes to get results, but sometimes it is warranted and definitely needed.
Your post is completely out of context and don't mean any disrespect and this is not a personal reply to start a flame war. We have never made "multiple promises" to ship the wheels. Please make sure you have all the details before assessing an opinion. This is not a regular purchase. It is part of a Group Buy that is schedule to be delivered on November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135IBMW View Post
This is the previous group buy thread:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...morr+group+buy

it was not for the same wheels.

This is the thread that goes over the terms of the group buy:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224109
15 people were needed for the GB to proceed.

I think if you really believe this is a scam or the GB is not proceeding to your expectations, either don't order or ask for a refund because this GB will not go any faster because of this thread.
Thank you very much for clarifying this. Again, if you do not feel comfortable either wait until the wheels arrive, although price will be slightly higher, or contact us and get all your questions answered.

To everybody:

We have a very solid reputation in both quality and service. Our company is recognized as been one of the most reliable vendors on the boards. Our products speak for themselves and so does our attention to customers. I`ll encourage you to browse through the E90Post boards and you`ll find tons of positive feedback regarding our wheels and service and not one single negative feedback. We have sold hundreds of our CS7 19" wheels to the E90 guys for the past 4-years without a single issue. All we are doing is making the same design in a 1-series specific fitment.

I had to address all this posts to avoid the speculations and misinformation from getting out of hand. Now back to topic!

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Matt DiRocco
Manager
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #78
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Dust View Post
well then how would they bankroll the production
By participating in our GB you are not financing the production. Each Low-Pressure cast mold (we require two for a staggered fitment) cost more than the sales amount the number of participants of this group buy is providing.

We conduct Group buys to use it as a research tool to study the demand of the market.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:16 AM   #79
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpukas View Post
Is there any difference in durability of these painted surfaces vs the other finishes offered? Is one easier to clean - or less likely to look filthy quickly - than the other? Thanks. mpp
That`ll vary by color. Between Hyperblack and Gunmetal you won't have much difference since they are both a shade of gray.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #80
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
No disrespect meant Matt! Just saying that we had to wait a loooong time when dealing with your "sister" company. That being said we all must have a great deal of patience when waiting for wheels from a group buy. I for one will in the future only buy wheels that are ready to SHIP from the time my credit card is charged.

And after saying THAT, the wheels look GREAT!! Can't wait to see them on a 1er!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #81
woodman650
Super Couper
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

I can't wait to see these ON a car
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #82
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No disrespect meant Matt! Just saying that we had to wait a loooong time when dealing with your "sister" company. That being said we all must have a great deal of patience when waiting for wheels from a group buy. I for one will in the future only buy wheels that are ready to SHIP from the time my credit card is charged.

And after saying THAT, the wheels look GREAT!! Can't wait to see them on a 1er!
A lot of people couldn't commit to a $3,000 purchase versus a $899 purchase.

You should thank all those who made it possible for you be able to get your wheels the moment your card is charged

We are infinitely appreciative for all those who made it possible.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:25 AM   #83
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman650 View Post
I can't wait to see these ON a car
Fedex says the wheels will be here today. Tires will be here Monday. They`ll be mounted the moment they arrive!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:31 AM   #84
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
A lot of people couldn't commit to a $3,000 purchase versus a $899 purchase.

You should thank all those who made it possible for you be able to get your wheels the moment your card is charged

We are infinitely appreciative for all those who made it possible.
LOL...my wheels cost a LOT more than 3k and I had to wait 4-6weeks for them to be made!
BUT I still like your wheels
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:50 AM   #85
dyong
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i Coupe

Quote:
Fedex says the wheels will be here today. Tires will be here Monday. They`ll be mounted the moment they arrive!

What tires are you testing the wheels with?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #86
oasis3582
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3 M40i

Can you PM me the prices for a set of 18" hyperblack and gunmetal? Thanks!
Previous: VW GTI, Tesla Model 3 LR, Mazda MX-5 RF, Ford Mustang GT (x2), Mazda 3, BMW Z4 sDrive35i, Acura TSX, BMW 135i, Acura TSX, Honda Accord Coupe V6, Acura RDX, Pontiac GTO 6.0, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #87
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

!

Last edited by Jaguar66; 04-21-2010 at 10:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #88
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyong View Post
What tires are you testing the wheels with?
Bridgestone Potenza RE11 or Nitto INVO.
Appreciate 0