01-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #1
mexicobmw
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: car

exhaust combo opinion

How do you guys think this setup will work:

cobb catted dp + maddad midpipes + akra slip on (wirless)

will sound ok or to raspy?. do you think i will have problems with the install?

thanks for the help

regards

diego garcia
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #2
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

It will probably be ok..you still have catted downpipes.

The only problems you may have are with the Akra slip on, just check the maddad pipes are compatible in terms of positioning. I have the supersrint exhaust and you need a flange ended section to fit the stock back on.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 09:04 AM   #3
mexicobmw
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep

Thanks for the reply, I had read other thread where people put maddad with akra with no problema, thats why I decided to go that route. I was worried about the cobb downpipes as there is almost no reviews or info about them...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 09:49 AM   #4
ALEJANDRO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White 1M 2012

I have some brand new Mad Dads in my garage in Mexico City - ready to go.

If you're interested send me a message.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 11:29 AM   #5
mexicobmw
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep

Alejandro I sent you a pm.
regards
diego
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 06:37 PM   #6
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicobmw
How do you guys think this setup will work:

cobb catted dp + maddad midpipes + akra slip on (wirless)

will sound ok or to raspy?. do you think i will have problems with the install?

thanks for the help

regards

diego garcia
I think you're far better, whatever brands you choose, having the cats in the midpipes vs the downpipes, bottling the heat up in the short distance between the turbo and cat with catted downpipes is far from ideal. I doubt anyone has tried it but I imagine an almost ideal setup is a 135 midpipe(has a functional resonator) with catless dp's and a catback, or a high flow catted after market mid pipe but if you're going to have cats and are willing to buy all three pieces, I wouldn't get catted dp's. Btw, the 1M has high flow cats in the stock dp's essentially so you might not even have significant gains over the stock dp's.
      01-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #7
mexicobmw
First Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep

Thank for the replies, I didnt think having catted dp will affect me when paired with the maddads that are catless. I raised the question because the cobb stage 2 + pack comes with those dp and the guys at pro tunning freaks recommended them as well. Il give them another email raising this question.
thanks
diego
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 03:09 PM   #8
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
I think you're far better, whatever brands you choose, having the cats in the midpipes vs the downpipes, bottling the heat up in the short distance between the turbo and cat with catted downpipes is far from ideal. I doubt anyone has tried it but I imagine an almost ideal setup is a 135 midpipe(has a functional resonator) with catless dp's and a catback, or a high flow catted after market mid pipe but if you're going to have cats and are willing to buy all three pieces, I wouldn't get catted dp's. Btw, the 1M has high flow cats in the stock dp's essentially so you might not even have significant gains over the stock dp's.
Agree. I've been running catless dps with the stock catted mids, but am now considering replacing the mid-pipe cats with some 200 cell race cats.

Neil
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 09:27 AM   #9
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

I just installed dp's a few months ago, I had previously gone to catless n55 mids, so I installed the catless dp's and drove it with no cats for a little but with my tune that runs very rich, the smell wasn't very fun. I swapped my 1m midpipe with cats back in. With the 1m midpipe I got some drone back.

I've been thinking either a 135 mid pipe with a real resonator might be the solution, or not selling my n55 midpipes and having high flow cats installed on that. Is there an aftermarket option with cats? I'm not aware of one.