BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-29-2016, 09:55 PM   #89
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

cool thread!
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2016, 10:11 PM   #90
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Couple pics! First was meant to be a Memorial Day 'Murica photo at Canyonlands and second is Horseshoe Bend. Moab was amazing, definitely want to go back and rent an go kart!

Went through Zion and Grand Canyon, got a few pics, but crazy busy due to Memorial Day weekend traffic. Sedona, then Vegas for a couple of nights coming up
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      05-29-2016, 10:38 PM   #91
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
save receipts

as this is a move to get a new job your receipts can be used to offset federal taxes...just a thought
      05-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #92
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
Couple pics! First was meant to be a Memorial Day 'Murica photo at Canyonlands and second is Horseshoe Bend. Moab was amazing, definitely want to go back and rent an go kart!

Went through Zion and Grand Canyon, got a few pics, but crazy busy due to Memorial Day weekend traffic. Sedona, then Vegas for a couple of nights coming up
Did you do any hiking in Zion and stop at Bryce Canyon? I'm assuming no to both because you'd be posting pics of Bryce and talking about the hike up Angel's Landing if you did.

Horseshoe bend is great. What did you think? I had seen plenty of pictures via the internet but none of them prepared me for the scale of it in person. From the pictures i had assumed it was maybe 150-300 feet deep. Walk up to the edge (with no railings) and you soon realize the depth is much closer to 1000 feet!

Apparently being at Horseshoe bend at sunset is pretty fantastic. We made it in to Page for the night after sun set so i was planning on going down there for the sun rise. After making the hike down there and seeing how the edge of the cliff was cracked and splintered at points, i was very glad we skipped that hike in the dark.

Awesome trip!
      05-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #93
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:

Did you do any hiking in Zion and stop at Bryce Canyon? I'm assuming no to both because you'd be posting pics of Bryce and talking about the hike up Angel's Landing if you did.

Horseshoe bend is great. What did you think? I had seen plenty of pictures via the internet but none of them prepared me for the scale of it in person. From the pictures i had assumed it was maybe 150-300 feet deep. Walk up to the edge (with no railings) and you soon realize the depth is much closer to 1000 feet!

Apparently being at Horseshoe bend at sunset is pretty fantastic. We made it in to Page for the night after sun set so i was planning on going down there for the sun rise. After making the hike down there and seeing how the edge of the cliff was cracked and splintered at points, i was very glad we skipped that hike in the dark.

Awesome trip!
Decided not to do Bryce...stupid decision because it was only 86 miles from Zion. I drove through Zion and that was enough for me. Terrible timing to go, during Memorial Day weekend. Bumper-to-bumper traffic for miles, no parking spots, kids running around in front of cars...no thank you. I can handle some traffic but that was just too much, I knew I wouldn't even enjoy the hike. Gonna take a weekend trip back out to Bryce and Zion during the summer.

Horseshoe Bend was beautiful! I enjoyed it. Like you, definitely did not expect that much depth. I have to say though, compared to the depth of Devil's Lake or Badlands, it wasn't too scary for me.

Our trips are starting to sound a lot alike haha. I also got pulled over right after crossing a vehicle going 5 under, slept in Page and wanted to go out to Horseshoe at sunrise but decided against it
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2016, 12:16 AM   #94
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Spent pretty much all day at the Valley of Fire. Absolutely beautiful place and my kind of scene...hot as hell, peaceful, and challenging (off trail). I went from 70s in Utah and Arizona to 105 today at the Valley of Fire, but worth it. Would go back!

Tomorrow is exploring Vegas (first major city I'll be in) and the Red Rock Canyon. REALLY want to go to Death Valley before heading down to San Diego

Kinda regret skipping Zion, Bryce, and Sedona, but I could not deal with the Memorial Day weekend traffic
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      05-31-2016, 03:26 AM   #95
Jacblack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 COMP

Wow this is the only thing I regret about when I did my cross country drive from Vegas to Baltimore last year. I had to drive back from SEMA as it was more cost effective than shipping the car back due to cost.

It was me and a friend, we did the drive in two days, so you can imagine that we didn't stop to sight see, looking back I want to do the trip again when I have more time. But I didn't have two weeks to miss from work during that time of year.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #96
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Went to Death Valley today! I don't know why, something about unbearable heat draws me in haha. I guess it's looking at the strange wildlife that exists in those temperatures

I've been at Vegas and enjoying that the last two nights to recoup a bit

Last edited by smoosh; 06-01-2016 at 09:44 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #97
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

So epic!! Always wanted to do something like this. I'm living vicariously through you.
Appreciate 2
      06-01-2016, 09:47 PM   #98
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Crap, sorry, here's the pic:
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      06-02-2016, 07:45 PM   #99
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

San Deigo!!!

As posted on my Instagram and Facebook: In 13 days, I've driven 4,500 miles through forests, lakes, grasslands, mountains, canyons, valleys, and dunes. I've met dozens of nurses to hippies and everyone in between. It has been an absolutely incredible experience seeing amazing places and meeting beautiful people; I recommend everyone road-trip solo. Now, I get to live on a beach and work around aircraft for the next nine weeks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      06-02-2016, 07:51 PM   #100
justanotherdude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW 328 [Sold]

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I've done it a few times, from different angles. Grand Canyon is great to see, and there are some good roads to drive in Tennessee. New Mexico (I dont remember which route we took) had some interesting Indian Reservations on the road. The route it seems you're taking is the one I usually take (I think) in which case there isn't a lot to see unless you stop off at all the little rest stops and big cities.

That's just from my memory though, it's been a few since I've last done one. Definitely keep a camera charged and just point the wheels towards anywhere interesting.

Not very helpful, I know.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2016, 08:18 PM   #101
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Yosemite!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      06-25-2016, 11:11 PM   #102
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Yosemite!!
Half Dome?
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2016, 11:46 AM   #103
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Happy birthday! Is it today or was it yesterday?
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2016, 12:13 AM   #104
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Damn pics won't post lol. Went to Yosemite this past weekend, and got some pics! First is the Topanga Overlook, second and third are Yosemite
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-28-2016, 12:20 AM   #105
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2BMW
Quote:
Yosemite!!
Half Dome?
Didn't climb it, but saw it! Reservations were all taken
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 06:20 PM   #106
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Where in the US is smooshy?

Correct guesser gets one rep and an eCookie

Instagram friends, y'all are disqualified lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 06:22 PM   #107
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

DC.....Dupont Circle to be exact.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 06:36 PM   #108
08njSTEP
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '66 SS396 Chevelle

And later tonight you'll be in Addams Morgan eating Jamaican jerk chicken for dinner.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 09:21 PM   #109
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:

Maroon Bells, Aspen CO.

On a snowy fall morning, about 16 years ago, i rode a horse up the trail to the lake for a nice lunch. It was a bluebird sky day with the snow capped sisters in full view.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 08-12-2016 at 09:31 PM..
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      08-12-2016, 09:39 PM   #110
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:

Maroon Bells, Aspen CO.

On a snowy fall morning, about 16 years ago, i rode a horse up the trail to the lake for a nice lunch. It was a bluebird sky day with the snow capped sisters in full view.
Wow, impressive!!

Beautiful place, isn't it? Didn't know it would be as populated and well-known as it is.

Didn't get a chance to do the hikes due to time constraints, but the lake was gorgeous. Definitely will be returning at some point
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00