BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
amybang
... and Orca too!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible (AW/CR)

Click here if you like boobs, hate cancer, and love baked goods!

Hi Everyone --

As some of you know, (or you might have guessed from my training walk status messages on Facebook), I'm going to be walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day in San Francisco in October. This is a 60-mile walk over 3 days that benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure. This is my 5th year participating and my 3rd year walking. In the past, I have walked every single one of the 60 miles. I see no reason why I can't do it again.

In addition to training and walking all those miles, I also have to raise a significant amount of money. This year, my goal is $5000. So far, my principal method for raising money has been to hold wildly successful bake sales at work. And usually when I do that, I taunt all my Facebook friends with what I'm baking. Well, this time, I'm bringing the baking to you with a raffle!

From now until September 8, for every $5 you donate to my walk, you'll get 1 entry in the baked goods raffle. You'll get an extra entry for every $25 you donate. There will be 3 winners who each get a 10"x6"x3" container filled with their selections of baked goods from the list below (and an appropriate amount of waxed paper to cushion). This offer is only valid to US residents because I'll be sending off the goodies via Priority Mail. All entries will be listed on an Excel sheet and winners selected on Sept 9 with random.org. Goodies will be mailed on Sept 10.

To enter:
- Make your donation here: http://www.the3day.org/goto/amy3day
- Please enter your proper mailing address when donating so I can mail the goodies if you win (in the 5 years I've been participating in the 3-Day, I've never had them abuse me with unwanted e-mails or letters)
- Reply to this message with your baked goods preferences in case you are the winner
- Cross your fingers

My next bake sale is Sept 10 and I'll be making most of the items on this list, so list what you want and you'll get a selection.

Fudge Brownies
Walnut Brownies
Oreo Brownies
Mint Brownies
S'mores Brownies
M&M Bars (contains walnuts)
Oatmeal Fudge Bars

Chocolate Chip Cookies
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Cranberry Pecan Cookies
Snickerdoodles
Classic Shortbread
Chocolate Chip Shortbread
Peanut Butter Cookies

Chocolate Coconut Walnut Clusters
Pizelles
Coconut Macaroons

Lemon Bundt Cake
Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake
Chocolate Marble Cake

thanks,
amy!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
amybang
... and Orca too!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible (AW/CR)

Thank you to everyone who donated to my Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk. The raffle winners have been notified and so far my donations are at $3500. I'm well on my way to my $5000 goal.

amy!
Appreciate 0