BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-10-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i

BMW 128 order- lemon leather?

Hi guys, I just locked in a price with the dealership and the only thing in question is the interior leather. I'm going to get monaco blue or lmb with some kind of lighter interior i was thinking either savannah beige boston leather or the lemon leather but the dealership has no idea what lemon leather is. is it not being made anymore? any insight would help a lot! oh also thanks to this site and members for helping me get a price of 3k under msrp!

btw. here's the order feedback would be appreciated!

128i mt
monaco/le mans
sports pkg
high gloss black trim
lemon/boston beige leather
xenon
comfort access

options: i opted against(if you guys have any really great things to say about them or against them I'm all ears :])
ipod usb
park distance control
anti theft alarm

future ordering plans:
tinting...maybes on perf exhaust, short shift kit, air intake

Last edited by kwakitykwak; 07-10-2009 at 02:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
BKScripto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i Sedona/Lemon

Congrats on the order! I'm not sure if Lemon leather is available on the 128i or not (should be though). But I just took delivery a week ago and my car has Lemon! I love it!

Tell your dealer its a "priority 1 option", if he still doesn't comply, talk to a manager.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
Alow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i, F36 430i GC

Lemon is available on 2009 128i as a priority 1 option.

I love the iPod USB option. I think its a must. Way easier to play your tunes than without it.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alow View Post
Lemon is available on 2009 128i as a priority 1 option.

I love the iPod USB option. I think its a must. Way easier to play your tunes than without it.
I was just opting against ipod usb option because of the standard aux. jack. What are the differences between having the usb and using the standard jack?
Thanks for the input!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
Alow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 128i, F36 430i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakitykwak View Post
I was just opting against ipod usb option because of the standard aux. jack. What are the differences between having the usb and using the standard jack?
Thanks for the input!
If you use an IPod, the aux jack gives you no way to control it. You have to take your eyes of the road to reach down to the iPod and browse your playlists/songs from the iPod directly. To me this is very distracting.

With the iPod/USB option, when you connect the iPod under the arm rest, you never have to reach for it again. Through the radio controls you can browse your songs (by playlist/artist/genre,etc) and play them. Once you started you can use the steering wheel buttons to go forward or back on the current set of songs. So much easier

Another thing is that the iPod/USB option charges your iPod. the aux jack does not of course.

Edit: one more advantage of the ipod/usb option. When you turn the car off, the song you were playing is paused and resumed the next time you turn the car on. Without the ipod/usb option, your ipod just keeps playing until it runs out of juice or you remember to turn it off.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
kwakitykwak
Private
Rep

Alright that cleared a lot up thanks Alow! Keep the feedback coming!
Appreciate 0