BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #23
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Another thing about black is washing it in the summer. I have to wash my black beast very early in the morning in the shade or forget it. White is SO SO EASY to keep looking great.

I guess I am just TOO picky. My black car is a major pain and I hate it. Never again, unless I win a lotto and my butler can wash it every day in my indoor carwash, then cover it so its ready when I want to drive it for an hour. Thats about how long it will look good on a summer day. Then it will need another bath and be recovered for another day.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 05:46 AM   #24
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.payne View Post
I've got an appointment with my CA to order my 135i tomorrow morning and I still can't decide on color.

Like many, I've been following the development of this car, and mostly lurking on the forums for months. I've always thought that since my last two BMWs were silver and gray, I was ready for a little color in my life.

The Sedona pictures have been my favorite for quite some time now. Unfortunately, when I finally saw one in person last week, while I didn't really dislike it, the color just didn't sing to me. I don't know, maybe too much copper.

On the other hand, the Black Sapphire Metallic parked next to it was flippin' gorgeous. :eyebulge: I've always sworn that I would never own a black car, but I just couldn't stop looking at it. Magnificent. It looked so much meaner than the Sedona did.

And then there's Montego Blue. I haven't found a dealer with one that I could see in person, but my wife's Montego 335i coupe is beautiful in the sunlight.

Don't even get me started on the interior colors. For simplicity, I'll just go with Lemon. I think either the blue or the black would look wonderful with that interior color.

So... black and be banished to a life on never ending car washes? or blue and have two in the drive way? :bangdesk:
Neither, get a light color!!! The swirls will drive you insane!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention it looks "Magnificent" for about 10min after its been detailed and then its dirty again
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 06:12 AM   #25
robert.payne
Private
Rep
Drives:

Guess I'm pretty excited to finally be ordering my 1er. Like a kid who will be going to Disney World for the first time, I only slept about two hours last night.

My wife and I are just minutes from heading out the door, getting some breakfast, then signing the paper-work with the dealership. And, yes, I must be a sadist, because I'm ordering the BLACK Saphire. This car is just begging for it.

-robert
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 06:47 AM   #26
dmailloux
Navy Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 CBM X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Guess I'm pretty excited to finally be ordering my 1er. Like a kid who will be going to Disney World for the first time, I only slept about two hours last night.

My wife and I are just minutes from heading out the door, getting some breakfast, then signing the paper-work with the dealership. And, yes, I must be a sadist, because I'm ordering the BLACK Saphire. This car is just begging for it.

-robert
What deatership are you headed to? Tom Bush BMW? When I went there I was actually shocked they weren't discriminatory at all. Alot of the time when I'd go to an "high end dealership" I'd kind of get snubbed, due to my age and appearance. Not at Tom Bush!

What color interior are you going with?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #27
robert.payne
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondriddick View Post
What deatership are you headed to? Tom Bush BMW? When I went there I was actually shocked they weren't discriminatory at all. Alot of the time when I'd go to an "high end dealership" I'd kind of get snubbed, due to my age and appearance. Not at Tom Bush!

What color interior are you going with?
Not buying from Tom Bush. They wouldn't even get close to what I was offering. They said my offer was unreasonable and they wouldn't even consider it.

As for interior color, I chose to go with Lemon and the High Gloss Black trim. Although, I saw the light burl walnut today and am really tempted to change to it.

-robert
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #28
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
I'm ordering the BLACK Saphire.
Good choice. With the lemon interior the car will be a knockout.
      04-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #29
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Not buying from Tom Bush. They wouldn't even get close to what I was offering. They said my offer was unreasonable and they wouldn't even consider it.

As for interior color, I chose to go with Lemon and the High Gloss Black trim. Although, I saw the light burl walnut today and am really tempted to change to it.

-robert
Hi Robert from Oz.
I have ordered my 135iM vert in Saphire Black/Coral with the high gloss black trim.
I am 47 years old and have owned 6 new Bmw's in the past all in Black or Saphire Black.. The compliments are never ending..Wouldnt even consider any other colour..Washing the car..who cares..I love my Black Bma's...:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #30
robert.payne
Private
Rep
Drives:

Zuzu,

I was really drawn to the red interior. However, my wife was vehemently opposed to (I think she said hated) the red. So... lemon.

As for the washing, yeah, I'm going to have to start visiting the detailing 101 forums and learning to wash and care for the car properly. Seems I'll be getting plenty of practice.

-robert

Performance Center Delivery was awesome!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #31
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
I've been driving the Jet Black now for a couple of weeks. It's not anything near as bad as you suggest. That's just an extreme over-reaction.

The airborne particles visibly show up quicker on black than on the lighter colors, that's true. But, on the other hand, I hardly see that ugly black brake dust all over the rear half of the wheel wells like I always did on the lighter cars, especially on the white ones.

And, once the black car gets its Zaino or Griots paint treatment, much of the dust will just slide or blow right off.
More difficult? Yes, a little. A nightmare? No way!

Sexiest color for the 1er?... Jet Black, without any doubt!
Wow hot hot picture.. do you have the high res version.. gotta make this my wallpaper!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #32
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

:thumbup:
Quote:
Zuzu,

I was really drawn to the red interior. However, my wife was vehemently opposed to (I think she said hated) the red. So... lemon.

As for the washing, yeah, I'm going to have to start visiting the detailing 101 forums and learning to wash and care for the car properly. Seems I'll be getting plenty of practice.

-robert
I have always had black interior in every Bma that I have owned.this kind of my mid life crisis changing interior colours..hahaha..Only Joking..Saw a 335i coupe at the dealers at time of ordering in saphire Balck/Coral..It was just breath taking..
My car is garaged eveyday, even at work..So Black doesnt bother me for keeping clean..Normally get about two weks between washes..:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #33
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Good Luck with purchase today.Any decision on a 135i is a good decision.
135iM Vert
Saphire Black/Coral
Black Hi Gloss Trim
Premium Pack
Sat Nav
Comfort Access
7 weeks to go...WAITING
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #34
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
Wow hot hot picture.. do you have the high res version.. gotta make this my wallpaper!!!
I'll have to check. Don't know at this moment.

Yeah, it's a great shot of the 1, black attire required!

EDIT: Hope this will work for you, my friend... 900 X 486 is the highest resolution I can find for this pic.
      04-05-2008, 06:41 PM   #35
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
Another thing about black is washing it in the summer. I have to wash my black beast very early in the morning in the shade or forget it. White is SO SO EASY to keep looking great.

I guess I am just TOO picky. My black car is a major pain and I hate it. Never again, unless I win a lotto and my butler can wash it every day in my indoor carwash, then cover it so its ready when I want to drive it for an hour. Thats about how long it will look good on a summer day. Then it will need another bath and be recovered for another day.
Jeff,
I hadn't realized that you live in Illinois. I'm sure it's probably a beautiful place with nice people, and all that, but as I understand it, your weather sucks. That's probably why you hate the black. It makes sense to me now. I wasn't thinking out of the box. Our weather here is quite spectacular so often that the cars don't need nearly the same kind of attention as yours. Black is awesome out here, and stays clean much longer. It's much easier to deal with. But, you know what is best for your area.
      04-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #36
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

YAH I should of added that. I love my black car and get compliments all the time. BUT Alpine is a must for me. Sorry for bashing a beautiful color.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:06 AM   #37
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Hi Robert. Did you place your order today? If so, what colour did you decide on?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:15 AM   #38
robert.payne
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Hi Robert. Did you place your order today? If so, what colour did you decide on?
Hi Zuzu,

I certainly did and I can foresee very high water bills in my future because I'll be washing my new Black Sapphire 1er quite frequently.

-robert

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:28 AM   #39
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Congrats..What is your approx delivery date?
Mine is June 1.. Cant wait
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #40
robert.payne
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Congrats..What is your approx delivery date?
Mine is June 1.. Cant wait
Thanks. Not sure yet. CA seems to think about 8 weeks. Should get prod# early next week. I also can hardly wait. I've seen the car at my local dealer several times, but just drove it for the first time yesterday. Should be a lot of fun.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #41
kevintran
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
I've been driving the Jet Black now for a couple of weeks. It's not anything near as bad as you suggest. That's just an extreme over-reaction.

you dont live in Canada
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 10:00 AM   #42
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

+1000
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #43
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintran View Post
you dont live in Canada
LOL...
True! And, when I discovered that Jeff lives in Illinois, I realized that not everyone enjoys our terrific weather here in California.

So, with that in mind, I would edit my remarks to only suggest the black to those that are willing to put up with more maintenance because they feel it is worth it, or to those that live in a favorable climate such as parts of California... where it typically does not rain much at all for as long as six to nine months or even longer... and has the highest number of annual clear days in the nation.

But still... parts of Canada are simply gorgeous!

Whatever color fits you... the 135i is a terrific car. It's a marvel for its price. How many cars have received so much positive attention in automotive history? Only a handful, and the 1er is deservedly 1 of 'em.
      04-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #44
Convertible
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'd take blue or any other colour than black.

I had two black cars, the first and the last at the same time.
E30 M3 Convertible
Appreciate 0