12-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #23
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk View Post
If we compare Evolve exhaust with stock mids vs Evolve exhaust with n55 mids, the variance with n55 mids louder?
I got the SS sport whitch it the same like Evolve, and don't want to have it louder, but interesting in n55 mids power gain
Was my exact idea to go with N55 mids. I added the N55 mids for extra benefits like hp/tq, response and drone and I think the combination works beautifully. Since I installed them at the same time I can't tell for sure though. The sound characteristic of SS or Evolve is un-altered in my case just a tad better, deeper and growling, this is my best guess. I wouldn't call it much louder than just the SS rear exhaust. Have a friend, fellow member Morgan here, he has just the Evolve rear with OE mids and we will meet soon to check how they sound in comparison, can report you back.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #24
jackkk
Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Was my exact idea to go with N55 mids. I added the N55 mids for extra benefits like hp/tq, response and drone and I think the combination works beautifully. Since I installed them at the same time I can't tell for sure though. The sound characteristic of SS or Evolve is un-altered in my case just a tad better, deeper and growling, this is my best guess. I wouldn't call it much louder than just the SS rear exhaust. Have a friend, fellow member Morgan here, he has just the Evolve rear with OE mids and we will meet soon to check how they sound in comparison, can report you back.
Tnx, it would be perfect
I like the caracteristics of the n55 mids, so I just don't want to have a vary loud exhaust to destroy my ears) I have this car for a DD... Hope the n55 mids get just deeper voice)
Do you have a bad smell from the exhaust or some other issues?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 07:29 AM   #25
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk View Post
Tnx, it would be perfect
I like the caracteristics of the n55 mids, so I just don't want to have a vary loud exhaust to destroy my ears) I have this car for a DD... Hope the n55 mids get just deeper voice)
Do you have a bad smell from the exhaust or some other issues?
No, zero issues.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #26
jhonson3141
Rep

this post is very helpful!!!! i am living a country where youtube is restricted so detail description is REALLY helpful!! glade you enjoy this setup
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #27
saurabh_turingMS
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M AW (F10 520D MSport - gone)

I'm running Evolve race rear section with stock mids. I love the sound, it's de deeper but not much louder than stock. It has a very smooth euro-exotic wail under load from 3.5K to 5K. It's a hard sound to capture on camera but I will keep trying and will post it up.

I find myself gently revving out to 5K just for that sound
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 07:07 AM   #28
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sverma_turingMS View Post
I'm running Evolve race rear section with stock mids. I love the sound, it's de deeper but not much louder than stock. It has a very smooth euro-exotic wail under load from 3.5K to 5K. It's a hard sound to capture on camera but I will keep trying and will post it up.

I find myself gently revving out to 5K just for that sound
Exactly, I keep on thinking how I can capture that Mine may be a bit louder in general than your set up due to N55 mids, I feel at full throttle the difference with stock is night and day; even cold start is clearly louder. Plus there is the burbles, especially when you let the throttle off.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #29
Munit
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Wow low numbers. A bolt on m3 puts down nearly 100 more wheel horsepower. Most bolt ons are in the 380-390 range wheels. This is with an exhaust. Obviously a tuned 1m would be different but really shows the spread in power between the two
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #30
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
Wow low numbers. A bolt on m3 puts down nearly 100 more wheel horsepower. Most bolt ons are in the 380-390 range wheels. This is with an exhaust. Obviously a tuned 1m would be different but really shows the spread in power between the two
No, you got it wrong. A bolt on 1M can also put 100 hp more, even more than that in some cases. Actually this here doesn't show anything like you say. It effectively shows the opposite data, that E92 M3 and 1M has merely 30 whp difference each stock. My car with just the exhaust (stock down pipes) is only 23 whp shy of a E92 M3 on the same dyno, before exhaust it was 30 hp. Charts and info are posted somewhere in this thread and actually confirms the same findings of other people. This is a very low reading Mustang dyno if that matters.

Another data is stock to stock difference in torque, at the wheel is more than 100 lb.ft, which makes 1M tq 60% higher than the M3. It peaks around 2500 rpm and stays close to peak till around 6000 rpm. M3 has one of the flatest tq curves I've seen despite lower peak tq, lovely as well.

To put it in a nutshell, 1M has 90% of M3's hp and 160% of its tq. Weight difference vary from market to market according to standard equipment but I heard it is around 250-300 pounds in US, I know it is 80-100 kg. in Europe.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 01-11-2013 at 07:25 AM..
Appreciate 0