BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #23
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
Hmm not sure i like the shadowline diffuser (atleast the one on Gravity Auto) it looks too shiny more shiney then Shadowline Trim & Grills...

Maybe ill end up doing CF Spoiler, CF Grills & CF Diffuser, to keep the CF theme
I can tell you that the shadowline paint that Gravity uses is EXACTLY the same color tone as the BMW shadowline. THe diffuser is simple to install, took me about 10-15 minutes if even that to install.

I dont think the shadowline diffuser would look good by itself, but I got my wheels spoiler mirror caps and diffuser all at the same time. I have a hard time keeping my eyes off my sexy car
      07-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #24
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

But your spoiler is CF not shadowline right?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #25
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
Hmm not sure i like the shadowline diffuser (atleast the one on Gravity Auto) it looks too shiny more shiney then Shadowline Trim & Grills...

Maybe ill end up doing CF Spoiler, CF Grills & CF Diffuser, to keep the CF theme
I can tell you that the shadowline paint that Gravity uses is EXACTLY the same color tone as the BMW shadowline. THe diffuser is simple to install, took me about 10-15 minutes if even that to install.

I dont think the shadowline diffuser would look good by itself, but I got my wheels spoiler mirror caps and diffuser all at the same time. I have a hard time keeping my eyes off my sexy car

I would really like to see some pictures if you do decide to go the full CF route. Like I said I really am not a big fan of CF but the spoiler looks amazing, I'm sure the diffuser mirror caps and grills to go along with it wouldn't look bad at all.
      07-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

Short Term Memory Loss?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #27
bmwsam
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
I just ordered a shadowline diffuser from gravity auto, now I just need to wait for my car to come in...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #28
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

Thats pretty hardcore, ordering parts before the car gets in...props to you, I considered it but then I decided to wait
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 08:41 AM   #29
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Quote:
Originally Posted by deamon32 View Post
Thanks for the pic. I was all set to get the shadowline diffuser until your post. It does work well with the spoiler you have, but I agree alone it may be a bit too loud, at least for my taste.

Now I'm thinking to have it shot so it's the same shade as the stock exhaust tips.

Plan B is to shoot it in LMB paint.

Either way the stock grey diffuser is a goner ASAP. Wonder why they didn't just go with matte black to begin with. The gray just looks odd imo.

It's all mental though until the car is redelivered.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #30
deamon32
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Either way the stock grey diffuser is a goner ASAP. Wonder why they didn't just go with matte black to begin with. The gray just looks odd imo.
Im with you on that one, I always though the stock diffuser made the car look cheap since it was just a plastic insert, no color to it.