BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-10-2014, 03:32 AM   #1
steven56784
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Telematics Control Unit Broken

Recently cars blutooth, BMW assist, and AUX are not working. As well as my speakers are making a weird popping noise and occasionally a loud static noise. I am getting the SOS phone light with a slash through it. After doing some research I am led to the conclusion that my Telematics Control Unit is at fault. I've tried hard resetting the battery and unplugging and plugging back the TCU. Nothings worked. Anyone else experience something similar? What are my options in fixing this? Someone please help!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
nikijack
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i, Grey, manual

Hello: I was taking some used antifreeze to the recycler, some dripped out, and destroyed a wire in the MULF system. I replaced it, with a used one, and everything works perfectly. I had all the same symptoms as you. It lives in front of the battery, underneath that larger module. You may be able to repair it. I found a used one for about $200.

Jack
Appreciate 0