BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
GemBm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, Spt Pkg,Nav,PDC,IPOD

Seat Issue

Fellow 1 owners,

Has anyone ever seen this before? The material is starting to tear by the driver’s seat side air bag assembly. I noticed it when cleaning the car last Saturday. Heck my 135 is not even two years old yet. So I drove down to my neighborhood dealer in K-Town and showed it to the service guy. He asked me what did I want them to do I told him fix it that’s what. He then stated that they had to take pictures and send them to Munich and see what they said first. I pointed out that you can see that the airbag assembly is causing the problem and not form something I’ve been wearing , but understood that was part of the proccess. Then I told him I did not have much time left because I’m the process PCSing back to U.S. Also I had made a appointment to ship it in about ten days. I also told him if necessary I would push back shipping date until last minute if I could get a solid appointment. So now I’m waiting to see what they will do, but signs are not good. Right now is height of summer vacation season and I understand a lot of their personnel are out. I’m one of the regular there and was hoping they would go the extra mile and square me away with no issues. Of course I could wait until I get back to the states, but the closest dealership is an hour away and I’m going to have to hit the ground running.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0