E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW E90 is a P.O.S..read on to find out why

Closed Thread

08-04-2005, 07:20 AM   #23
ldpantoja
Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 330i (E90)

campbell1082, all I can say is

YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% Correct

I am sure that Rachel will be thinking of you every night for the next few weeks!!!

2006 330i / SG / SP / NAV
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 08:35 AM   #24
zippo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Campbell,

I think it's perfectly ok for a BMW owner to pop off around here about stuff that's not quite right, just like it's perfectly ok with me for you to do the very same thing (by complaining about others' complaints). )

I absolutely dig my new E90, by the way, but I'm not indifferent to its faults, or the experiences of others.

Zip
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 08:58 AM   #25
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Campbell, you are right... Everyone is just complaining about little petty things (except soft stop lurch). I think the fact that we can only find petty complaints shows what a great car the e90 is.

I do find the complaining productive though. Once we put the issues out there, we can work together to find and share resolution.

Cheers to your new car.
      08-04-2005, 09:15 AM   #26
chuckie789
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: C

Although I think a forum is an ideal place for complaints, Campbell, you have a great story. I particularly like the comparison to the space shuttle. I am definitely going to use that one!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 10:02 AM   #27
matrix
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Campbell1082 makes some valid points. I don't think he's saying that people should not complain about issuse with their cars, but that a lot of folks are doing it for the most trivial things. I also think it's ridiculous to see posts about "I have to reach forward for the window switches", or "the car jerks when I shift gears" (how about learning to drive a stick properly before you complain?)
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 10:07 AM   #28
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooner
we all need to let off some steam... I do it this way...............................@ 175mph!

see, hear, read or smell something you dont like? Just drive baby! and leave it all behind!
Oh man do I love your 997 Cabriolet! I almost decided to go without food for 4 years to be able to buy a new 997 Carrera S, but I figured I might get hungry while driving it!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 10:17 AM   #29
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Well, I don't complain about any trivial things (except the paint in the beginning) so I just skip over those threads and move on. But the thing is, if someone wants to talk about an issue that is bothering them about their car, it can be helpful, because maybe someone else has had the problem and had it fixed. It's good to share knowledge about these things. Many car mags talk about rattles in the dash, etc. when reviewing cars, and it does detract from the experience. I luckily don't have any rattles, but if I did, I would be reading those threads pretty closely to try to identify and fix the rattle. And I don't think very many people, if any, are claiming their cars are POS by mentioning "trivial" issues. They are trying to use this forum to find a solution. If I start posting my BMW problems on the Hyundai forum, you can tell us to shut up, but this is a forum for BMW owners and enthusiasts, and it is not our job to feel sorry for someone who can't afford a BMW. I cant afford a Ferrari F430, but I am keenly aware that there are plenty of folks who can. Also my friend's dad works for Bentley, and he says any time anything goes wrong on a Bentley, half the owners want a whole new car. So I think we are doing just fine, thank you.

So Mr. "Johnny 2 post" Campbell, I think you need to spend a little more time here building up some respect before you start attacking regular members for discussing their cars.

Last edited by CC 330i; 08-04-2005 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 10:41 AM   #30
nawtyxes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire E90

Well at least you can complain, I'm still waiting on mine...sigh
      08-04-2005, 11:04 AM   #31
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbell1082
..ok....I know it isnt....but Ive been coming onto these E90 forums for many months now....and 75% of the time I find great information.....but i'll be damned if there are not some of the most ignorant people who post on these boards who act like they would rather ride a scooter than their E90....just to clearify things, I have been the proud owner of my E90 since June 9th....325...Tit silver ;-), Spt Pkg, Xenon, Beige int, iNav, AT....my first car purchase right out of college before starting work....I've put on 4,567miles since June 9th, and loved every damn second of it.....to get to my point...

There are so many people on here who post about the most trivial and stupid "bugs" or "negative" things about this car....first of all, GET THE F OVER IT...its a $30k car....yeah, it may be a decent chunk of money to a lot of people....but go and look what other vehicles cost in the $30k range, THEN compare it to your E90 and come back here to complain...if your so unhappy that your E90 has a little "noise" in the F-ing seatbelt, or your "power windows" make you have to actually twitch a muscle fiber in your arm to reach...then go buy yourself a Subaru Outback for $32k or a damn Mustang for all I care....yeah, Subaru and Ford might be "decent companys"...but see how many people say "Damn...look at that f-ing sweet subaru outback taking that turn at 60mph..." or "shit, I bet that dude gets all the chicks with that sweet ass "Stang"..." My "angel eye" headlamps get me more attention than any other cars 19" chromed out wheels or sound system loud enough to power an ampitheatre.....go drive ANY other car in the same class as the 3 series, and come back and tell us how much better it was than your horrible E90 that wont roll up the windows when you hold down the lock button on your keyless entry remote.....or how the cup holder wont hold your Biggie sized combo drink from McDonalds....tell me how your fully loaded subaru was the ultimate driving experience......most people dont even know what the 3 series truly is....it was built for its many driving abilities and capabilities...with a touch of luxury and class added in....from the way people post on this board...if they drove a stock Nascar, they wouldnt be happy unless it had their "black leather and aluminum trim polished to a sparkle with an air conditioned cup holder hidden under the armrest to accompany their iPod plugged into their aux input while controlling the volume from their steering wheel..."....go take your $80K Rangerover or $30k Ford around a corner going 60mph and tell me how it handles....if your still alive to tell me about it.... ..its a fact...BMW makes a great vehicle...but like any mechanical device, there are flaws and imperfections no matter what the price or cost....dont beleive me? look at NASA's multi billion dollar space shuttle....I'd rather be driving my $30+k E90 with a rattle in the seatbelt than a 100billion dollar space shuttle with a 6" missing thermal tile that cost $30k...so my point is, unless your car is bursting into flames and ripping apart as you tear through the atmosphere and break the local school zone speed limit of 35.....then shut up and enjoy your f-ing new BMW....and start feeling sorry for the poor bast*rds who cant even afford a car that cost less than the cost of your pretty newXenons.....
People complain about the little things because owners of luxury cars (BMW is a luxury auto) have higher expectations.

With all the competition in the market place, and the premium we pay for our cars, you'd expect the BMW to be flawless. Do you think people that own VW's, Buicks, Toyotas, Hondas complain about the things we do? Of course not. Why? They know their cars are not expensive, so the level of expectation isn't there.

A good many of us own or did own an E46/E36, and have already "been down that road" with BMW "quality" or lack thereof. If I'm spending $40k for an auto, it damn well better have everything operating as intented. EVERYTHING. If I want to put up with rattles, software "upgrades", etc etc, I'll save a few grand and go buy a G35 or a TL.

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 11:24 AM   #32
Pangearox
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
forums are a place where people can find out things about their cars for free...if they complain a bit its becasue just like you said in your post....

the money they paid for their car was probably a lot of money to them....

and if you can find out something about your car and fix it here on the forum for free rather than take it to bmw....by all means....
      08-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #33
icedragon
guardian of ice and snow
Rep
Drives: 128i, 325i

Garage List
06 325xi  [0.00]
A forum isn't a one-side coin! We should hear all sides of the story. This means the good, the bad, and the ugly aspects of the E90.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 11:45 AM   #34
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
To the poster who said "some people spent all their money on this car".. that would be me haha.. So yes, i do have expectations on how this car should ride/drive.. My dad got in one day for a ride, and he says, you know for a bmw, its pretty bumpy. To most people in society, $39K is ridiculous for car..they all assume that a bmw would be flawless. Or else, why not spend $20K for a ford or honda..
My girlfriends always used to tell me that i only told them the problems in my relationships, and never the good. Its because its the bad that i need advice on. Just like this car- it has its faults, and i come here to find advice, like i would with my girlfriends.
But no matter what, i do adore my new car, and we all need to vent once in a while
      08-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #35
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Campbell makes a statement

But I really think my brakes are too bad for braking from 155 to 100mph, 2 times in a row. And that's a pity

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 12:25 PM   #36
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixeight
You know what...i'll name you a thousand cars that don't lurch after you come to a stop. Even better, every car that I've ever driven including some Yugos and some Russians cars don't lurch after it comes to a stop like my E90 does.
Learn how to use the brakes. Sell the car and get another one. Just a couple ideas for ya.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 12:42 PM   #37
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
To the poster who said "some people spent all their money on this car".. that would be me haha.. So yes, i do have expectations on how this car should ride/drive.. My dad got in one day for a ride, and he says, you know for a bmw, its pretty bumpy. To most people in society, $39K is ridiculous for car..they all assume that a bmw would be flawless. Or else, why not spend $20K for a ford or honda..
My girlfriends always used to tell me that i only told them the problems in my relationships, and never the good. Its because its the bad that i need advice on. Just like this car- it has its faults, and i come here to find advice, like i would with my girlfriends.
But no matter what, i do adore my new car, and we all need to vent once in a while
It was me who made the "all your money" comment. Your case is slightly different, cause I've read you live at home etc and have no other financial commitments!

One thing though, if you have the sport pack...how can you (or rather your father) complain about a bumpy ride? That's just the nature of the stiffer suspension...run flats or no run flats :-)
Again, it's just a minor thing...I'm sure you still love thowing that sweet thing into a corner at 80mph....WOOOhooo I'm going to drive an E90 330i on a race track tomorrow for the whole day! YAY
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #38
djfreex
Rep
Drives: E90 Wannabe

Go campbell Go!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 12:59 PM   #39
cosby
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i SG

I can not wait to get my car and enjoy it....and complain about it...and do anything I want to it (within legal limits, sometimes). I feel that we are all passionate about things, and definately including cars and the E90 - thats why we all come to this forum. I like to hear about problems and complaints as well as other opinions. Do not feel restricted or afraid to post a comment (bad or good) even if your are a "Junior" member like me with only a few posts or someone with 1000 posts. Granted, I have read stupid remarks on this forum but that is part of a forum. Keep it up. Thanks for everyone for sharing their thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #40
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
Learn how to use the brakes. Sell the car and get another one. Just a couple ideas for ya.
Hope you're joking (and it wouldn't be a very good joke). The way I see it, the moving forward after coming to a complete stop in auto transmission-equipped cars (aka lurch problem) is the one real problem in the E90.
      08-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #41
silverado
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

The fact that some people have some criticisms of this car doesn't mean they don't like it or think it's a POS (unless they say so explicitly). The world isn't simply black or white, despite what some people in high places seem to think.

08-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #42
itznin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangearox
forums are a place where people can find out things about their cars for free...if they complain a bit its becasue just like you said in your post....

the money they paid for their car was probably a lot of money to them....

and if you can find out something about your car and fix it here on the forum for free rather than take it to bmw....by all means....
Agreed 100% with Pangearox
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 01:26 PM   #43
fragra
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbin
Perhaps someone can point me to a Web Forum that doesn't feature people's negative views/complaints/observations.....?????? Because I haven't found one yet.........
I've seen some other product-related forums where over-eager moderators deleted negative posts and banned the users who posted them. I don't think we want to see that here...

I my opinion I've seen nothing here that would change my mind about an e91 in my future - especially after having driven both a 325 and a 330. Negative comments must be taken in the context and the spirit in which they are given. I'd think that the majority of people reading this forum are doing that.
      08-04-2005, 01:41 PM   #44
JBOO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
To most people in society, $39K is ridiculous for car..they all assume that a bmw would be flawless. Or else, why not spend $20K for a ford or honda
This is not the first time I've heard this, but I really disagree with this theory. Just because a car is more expensive doesn't mean it is faultless. BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin's, Ferrari's, (and the list goes on) are expensive for reasons other than reliability. If you want to spend extra for reliablity then you buy a Ford instead of a Kia, or you buy a Honda instead of a Ford, etc, etc.

Most people buy BMW's for their german engineering, driving style, prestige, looks, whatever, but I've not heard many say they buy it for reliablity.

They also shouldn't buy a BMW for it's plush ride.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread