BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Robinc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Which injectors are located in bank one?

Just had my number one injector replaced and i'm out of warranty, wasn't cheap. My SA said it was not covered under the recent recall, even though the number four was replaced under this recall.

I went back and checked a past invoice from '09 in which they replaced the bank one injectors. If the number one injecor is in bank one, wouldn't it be under warranty anyway?

Pretty much fed up with this car, on my third fuel pump, had the wastegate issue, countless number of misfires, more than a few injectors go bad, water pump failure, which occured out of warranty(bye bye $1500), basically every issue that the n54 has had, i've had as well. In the past two months this car has left me stranded on the side of the road twice, in twenty one years of being a licensed driver no car I have ever owned has left me stranded. I no longer have confidence in my car, and that's not acceptable for a $45000 BMW. I did file a formal complaint with BMW NA, but have little faith that will lead anywhere. Think it's time for a BOSS 302....
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Bank 1 is cylinders 1-3. As long as you're very polite I customer relations, I'm sure they can at least get the parts covered. Even though it's not a lot, it's better than nothing. I think injectors are about 135 each. They do speak with the service manager first to see what he thinks about helping out in the repair. It sounds like you're a good customer, so I'm sure they'll help you out. Staying nice a grateful, aka playing kiss ass goes a long way. Even if it fake :-) sorry it sounds like you have a high maintenance car. It's always the guys that thrash their cars that seem to have no issues. Best of luck!
B
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
pnosker
ti fan
Rep
Drives: 14 12C | 17 X5 50i | 19 M2C

Garage List
What was the production date of your car? The 135i has a different water pump than the 335i which has the common failures. The wastegate is also different from the 335i which had common failures.
Appreciate 0