BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-26-2011, 04:12 AM   #155
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
He does

I just wanna know what to tell my shop, like what kinda numbers I wanna shoot for in the front. I sent their SA an email last night, told em i basically wanted the max neg camber up front with the strut alignment pins pulled.
then you'll pretty much get the same specs as him, just want the tires withe negative camber. they wear out faster. he was on stock, not camber plates.
      08-26-2011, 06:21 AM   #156
ReevesBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Looks great. I think that the color combor works on your car. How does it look in the light? I've seen the finish on VMR's site but I would like to know what its like in person.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #157
Metralha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d E81 - 2007/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
just pm us man. we don't bite.

LOL.....

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #158
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
BMW Mud Flaps fitted!

So I got my rear flaps from my dealer a week ago, finally put them on today. They cost me $33 for the rear flaps and screws, brand new. Honestly I think these are a great addition for the rear flare, specially if you have wider wheels/tires like me, it just smooths our rear fender where stock it goes far to the inside behind the tire, just doesnt look right, and now it does

As far as install goes, i read a few threads on here, diff people have said it took them anywhere from 45min to 2 hours or so. Took me bout 2 hours, I didnt jack the car or remove the wheel thou either, but honestly, yes it took me a lil longer but I still was able to do what was needed with basic tools, a mini driver (hah!), a short ratchet, my trusty angle-pry tools and a bit of macgyvering.

I only ran into one problem, was with the passenger side one that i did first, i didnt remove the correct screw from the underside of the fender and I thought i had everything ready to line up so i removed the dbl sided tape n stuck it on only to realize the screw i removed was farther in. So I freaked a little but i was able to get my pry tool gently in at the end of the flap and peel it off without making a mess, killing the tape, etc. The tape was a little marred but it worked the second time. Lesson learned with these: make sure every screw removed is the correct one and also, dont bother making a hole for the inside lower fender screw until the flap is on correctly and secured with the other screws.

As far as making that hole, I didnt drill at all, its completely unnecessary. I simply used one of my pin/pry tool, stuck it inside the hole of the flap after it was stuck on and secured, used pressure and moved it around a tiny bit to create an entrance for the screw. Then i just inserted the screw and slowly worked it in with a little pressure too almost no time doing, and no drill or wheel removal.

Theyre on, no real mistakes, they line up perfectly underneath and along the fender, there is a TINY amount of space u can tell up close between the paint and the outside of the flap, thats just the little bit of area where the dbl sided tape is, really dont notice it unless ur eye to eye though and this is how they are designed. Very snug too, anyways, heres a few crappy pics. Today it was either wash the car or install mud flaps, pretty obvious which one I did

Yes the lighting is weird on some of them, was like half in and half out the garage, that and I dont own a $2k camera so

P.S. In case u didnt notice the smiley face on the first pic, kinda funny how that happened, no i didnt set that up. Its actually a reflection of my green paint masking tape roll and the red removed dbl sided tape covering that was spiraled up. Looks like two avacado halves and a red banana =))
Attached Images

Last edited by thez99; 09-04-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0