BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-05-2016, 11:40 PM   #1
WubWubWalrus
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 128i

How to code out halogen tail running lights on LCI model

So I recently installed blacklines on my previously LCI halogen 128i. I have wired the led bars up to the license plate LEDs (const 12V).

But the problem I'm having now is that the tail lights still have the regular running light behavior, meaning that the brake lights light up at half brightness when not braking to act as running lights. I was wondering if anyone knows how to code out the default running lights so that only the LED bar lights up when not braking.

A couple of people have mentioned that it is possible in this thread: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ded+out&page=2

But no one mentioned how it was done. If anyone has any insight, it would be super helpful.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2017, 03:06 AM   #2
Murphy8
Rep
Drives: 128i coupe

I am in need of your help ubersteuer. I have scoured & read every thread on the 128i Halogen vs Xenon taillights. I have a 2012 128i with Halogen headlights. My taillights I have no clue what they are but the LED line does not Turn on. I've read that your can jump wires if you have a certain Taillight to turn it on & have the lights display the LED Line like the picture you posted. If this is possible, how do I accomplish this. I appreciate any help & thank you again!
Appreciate 0