E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > De-badging / Emblem Removal

07-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #89
ogrady
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 09 335

I like it Petercat! . Nice and clean. European owners do this all the time.. much more often than we do it here.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2005, 11:19 PM   #90
cosmosblau
cunning, baffling, powerful
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 535i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Execution
I am sorry ... it's looks absolutely goofy ...

I don't get it but that's just me ...

Mercedes Benz owners don't go around "debadging" their vehicles.

Execution

That's exactly the point. Anyone who adores road feel wouldn't get a Mercedes Benz. Mercedes owners are primarily interested in comfort and status. You don't hear about enthusiast websites (like this one), aftermarket performance parts or car clubs for Mercedes drivers. You have to get an AMG version for a M-B to perform like a stock Bimmer.

Mercedes is just for show. It's the Rolex of cars.

Here in Los Angeles, there will always be someone richer than you with a nicer car and a hotter woman. The S500 drivers are cringe when they see a S600. S600 owners wish they had the Bentley in front of them; the Bentley drivers are humbled by the rapper in the Maybach at the traffic light.

I am certain that if I got my car modded by Alpina, Dinan or AC Schnitzer, I would debadge them too. You can't win if your esteem is tied up in the label on the back of your car.

Penile enlargements might help.
      07-13-2005, 11:39 PM   #91
JBOO
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 535d

Looks great.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2005, 06:56 AM   #92
GRANDCHAMP
Private
Rep
Drives: 330I,BLK,CW,SP,PP

The three is a HOT car badged or debadged. I love creativity - add your personal touch anyway you like it. It's your car. I love going to the car shows or local meets and seeing what ppl have done to their cars.. it adds personality. My two cents.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2005, 07:38 AM   #93
res_ipsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i SparkGraphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRANDCHAMP
The three is a HOT car badged or debadged. I love creativity - add your personal touch anyway you like it. It's your car. I love going to the car shows or local meets and seeing what ppl have done to their cars.. it adds personality. My two cents.
That's the spirit man! That's what makes these forums fun and seeing people add mods to their cars fun and interesting. Just because something isn't to your liking doesn't mean it looks bad.. it could be that you have bad taste Anyways I like the clean debadged look. To each his own.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2005, 10:04 AM   #94
bobnaz
BMWCCA/NASA
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe ZP/ZS/Dinan ECU+Exh

Garage List
1999 M3  [0.00]
2007 ZSP ZPP Step a ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangearox
Cheap people that dont want other people knowing they didnt splurge for the 330i....HAHAHA....just kidding

honestly though....
Had the spoiler put on and had them remove my 330I emblem. It does look cleaner, the badge looked a little cluttered on the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #95
camiloE90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Please dont take this seriously since i see alot of heated replys on this thread...were all one happy e90 family...i just thought this was funny... my buddy made when he found out about this discussion and thought this badge would fix all complexes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2005, 11:07 AM   #96
tim916
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #97
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execution
I am sorry ... it's looks absolutely goofy ...

I don't get it but that's just me ...

Mercedes Benz owners don't go around "debadging" their vehicles.

Execution

Hey, that's your call Execution. Keep your car how you like, I love mine like this. You replied about Merc owners not debadging, that's because they are a different breed. If I owned a Merc, I would debadge it as well, even (or especially) an AMG.

If you read my earlier thread, I also debadged my Carrera 4.

Some people may think it's against the laws of nature to put aftermarket wheels on a BMW, but I love the looks of the wheels on yours.

To each his own.
      07-14-2005, 11:10 AM   #98
cosmosblau
cunning, baffling, powerful
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 535i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by camiloE90
Please dont take this seriously since i see alot of heated replys on this thread...were all one happy e90 family...i just thought this was funny... my buddy made when he found out about this discussion and thought this badge would fix all complexes.
That's funny!!!!

But people will wonder if he's plugging a clothing manufacturer!
      07-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #99
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

Camilo, I love it. Perfect image to lighten this topic.
      07-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #100
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Hahah love the pic
      07-14-2005, 12:19 PM   #101
DaveCM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Sapphire Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I debadged my car yesterday and last night on my way home from work, these 2 guys pulled up next to me in a camero reving and burning their tires trying to race me. Maybe they thought i was a 330 or they just wanted my attention. But, Obviously, I was thinking to myself, um ok- you are going to kick my a$$ so im not going to even bother, BUT im sure i can take them out on a corner!
Let's be realistic, guys...

I have some news for you. About the only people who know the difference between a 330 and a 325 are the people who own BMWs, or other foreign (to the US) luxury cars. People who aren't "in to" foreign cars don't really know the differences.

Those guys in the Camaro wouldn't have known, and sure wouldn't have cared, what the differences were between a 325 and a 330.

BMW put the badges on my car and they'll stay there. They don't look bad at all, and you cannot really see then from the side.

Most people de-badge thier car are 325 owners. We all know the main reason, but there are different reasons.

Alot of the people here are younger and thier parents bought them the car (whether they admit it or not). Probably those guys are debadging because they don't have the 330, but want people to think they do. We all know why...we were all young once and worried about those trivial things.

Then there are the guys who say they think the car looks cleaner without the badges (mostly 325 owners for some reason), so they scrape them off so thier cars look better to admirers in thier minds. (Again, I don't know why because admirers often like to know what they are looking at, and the badge is usually the last thing you would notice if you were admiring a car) "Wow, what is that...oh look, it's a Lamborghini..what kind? Oh, it says 'Diablo'!")

Then there are the older guys who decided to buy the 3-series because they liked what they saw... like me, and the 330 was the one I was looking at. I never even looked at a 325 because, quite frankly, I didn't know there was such an animal. I have been a car fanatic since I was young, but I never even paid attention to BMW before. I knew they were nice looking, but as far as the numbers on the back of BMW's or Mercedes, well, I never knew what they stood for. It's sort of like the guys who have been into BMW's & such thier whole life may not realize what Z51 or LT4 on the back of a Corvette means.

I have to say that the only people who really know or care about the numbers on the back are other BMW owners or the like. So the only reason for removing them that I can see, especially since they aren't obnoxiously big or out of place, is to prevent other BMW owners or admirers from knowing what the car is....which is strange because who really cares what model it is if it's a good looking car? I hate to break it to you guys, but as far as most performance guys are concerned, whether it's a 325 or a 330, they're both pretty darn slow.

-Dave C. '06 330i

PS: Oh, and for the guy with the Carrera 4 that says that's "just a step down" from the 911 Turbo.... uhh..... it's more like a 300 meter cliff than a step. You debadged so people wouldn't know that you didn't have the turbo. That's the only reason. The car looks no cleaner with or without the factory badge. Porche does offer removal, but not because they think the car looks cleaner without it, otherwise they wouldn't have put it on. It's because they know some peope like to have them removed "for whatever reason".

Last edited by DaveCM5; 07-14-2005 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #102
YYdoodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 fanatic

Wow can't believe this thread has such long legs But this just shows u how passionate we all are about our cars Whatever the reasons for not debadging or debadging, we all have great cars in the E90, and to each his/her own Oh, and no matter how beautiful you think your cars are (with or without badge), my avatar is still prettier! I know I know
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #103
NaTuReB0Y