BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
imported_User Name
Rep
Drives:

Would the warranty cover this?

Hello!

Since I'm new to the bmw world I had to ask the question (searched and no answers)

So to make the story short, I hit a big ass pot hole that dented 2 left rims and now my steering wheel is not straight, in order to drive the car straight my steering wheel is turned to the right a little bit. There is obviously damage to the direction of my car. I checked for more problems and couldn't find any. My question is: will the warranty cover these two rims and any mechanical problems my car has now has after the hit? Or I'm in my own with the repairs? My car is a lease by the way... Thank you so much for your answers, by the way I have the tire warranty...
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
Mark M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

Not likely.

Dealer will chalk that up to motoring misfortune as it is not an actual manufactures defect of the car.

Suggestion, scan the For Sale adds here and find yourself a cheap replacement set of OE rims. Then unfortunately pony up to the dealer for an alignment.

Sorry for your bad luck, but I really don't see this as a warranty issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
You could try putting in a claim to the city/town that maintains the roads? I'd go back and snap a couple of pics of the pothole before they fix it though. Not sure if you'll get anywhere but worth a shot.....

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
imported_User Name
Rep
Drives:

So I talked to my sa and I will take it today to have it aligned, and the rims are back ordered so It's gonna take a while before I get my dented shoes replaced, he said everything will be free since I have the tire warranty. Anyways, I'll post after I go to the dealer in case anyone goes through the same.. Thank you for the responses..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Time for aftermarket rims.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
Mark M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_User Name View Post
So I talked to my sa and I will take it today to have it aligned, and the rims are back ordered so It's gonna take a while before I get my dented shoes replaced, he said everything will be free since I have the tire warranty. Anyways, I'll post after I go to the dealer in case anyone goes through the same.. Thank you for the responses..
Ahhhh...well now that you mention you have the tire warranty...that changes everything. You did not clarify that earlier. Yes, this should all be free under this warranty and since you plunked down the coin for this warranty surprised you had to ask here if it was covered as they would have explained that to you at the time of sale. Good Luck and glad it worked out for ya.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #7
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
Ahhhh...well now that you mention you have the tire warranty...that changes everything. You did not clarify that earlier. Yes, this should all be free under this warranty and since you plunked down the coin for this warranty surprised you had to ask here if it was covered as they would have explained that to you at the time of sale. Good Luck and glad it worked out for ya.
I missed that as well - but on a reread of his initial post, it's clear he mentioned his warranty at the end.
Tom
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
cagekicker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 crimson red 135i

good that you got it resolved.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
Judge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_User Name View Post
Now the question: Was it worth getting the tire warranty or would you have been better off paying for the alignment without the protection plan?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #10
imported_User Name
Rep
Drives:

Yeah, I mentioned I got the tire warranty at my initial post. I'm so glad I got the warranty since I have two dented rims now and they will be repaired free of cost, the car is at the dealer right now, they will call me later to let me know when they are going to receive the rims (M sports package). I got a toyota yaris in the mean time which is making me miss and appreciate more my beautiful 135. Thanks for the responses, this forum is the best!
Appreciate 0