BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
phmokda
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 350i sedan

530i battery woes

No major problems with my 530i sedan until April 2009. (Purchased new from dealer in 2/07). One day last April car wouldn't start. Got a jump and drove to dealer who said "customer left parking lights on, battery recharged, checks out ok."- bill: $123. I never use parking lights but ok, could be an accident or whaterver.
Then three weeks ago on a Saturday morning dead battery again. Jumped and drove to dealer and got a loaner-sweet blue 330i. They kept my car till Monday and said battery was "OK" but computer was telling it falsely to "never go to sleep." Problem supposedly fixed.
Last Saturday-dead battery again-UH OHcar jumped again with difficulty and while speaking with tow truck driver he says, "Guess which cars I have to jump most often?" And I said, "Uh, would that be BMW's?" to which he says "Yup."
Leave car at dealer again and they call yesterday to tell me the black box read out dead battery because I lift key in the igntion!"
Now I'm really jumping mad. No way and I speak with service advisor who finally agrees after three years I probably need a new battery! DUH. But since the computer is reading out user error it is not covered under warranty.
After yelling his ear offHe finally agrees to replace it under BMW's policy of "customer accomodation!" What a crock of you know what.

How many people think I would have gotten a battery last year if I had to actually pay for it? So much for their warranty. Anybody else had a similar problem?
Appreciate 0