BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #1
duplicities
Private
Rep
Drives: WTB: SG(M) N54 135i w/ Coral.

Changing Interior?

How difficult is it to change an E82 interior from black to coral red? And what would the process look like? Tried searching for this but couldn't find any results. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
AB M2C
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Hockenheim Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by duplicities View Post
How difficult is it to change an E82 interior from black to coral red? And what would the process look like? Tried searching for this but couldn't find any results. Thank you!
Its really easy. Pulling the rear seat is maybe the hardest, but even that is really not that bad. The folding sections of the seat are linked together through a hinge type mechanism, that comes apart, you just have to pull on the seat from kind of awkward angles.

For the door panels and rear panels, there are just a bunch of tabs that hold them on (and two screws on the front). For both you just pop up with an interior removal tool, or very carefully with a flathead screwdriver. The fronts are a bit trickier as you have to deal with the door handle, but there is just a single cable connecting the cable to the handle. If you look closely at the mechanism, you can just pop the cable back out. Its a little harder to get it back in, just take your time and make sure the cable is routed properly. For the wires to the windows they're the generic pop in pop out tabs. The lock is also a little tricky, just also make sure it is in the proper position. This is MUCH easier to do with two people.

For the front seats there are four bolts, one on each corner of the rails, take all of those out, then there are at most two (depending which seats you have: heated, M-sport) electric connectors that come out, very easily and intuitively.

Just reverse the process to put everything back in, the only slightly difficult ones are the front door panels, but if you take your time and don't force anything they're really not that bad.

Good luck!
Sold -- 2005 E46 M3 MT
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 09:28 PM   #3
duplicities
Private
Rep
Drives: WTB: SG(M) N54 135i w/ Coral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneKid View Post
Its really easy. Pulling the rear seat is maybe the hardest, but even that is really not that bad. The folding sections of the seat are linked together through a hinge type mechanism, that comes apart, you just have to pull on the seat from kind of awkward angles.

For the door panels and rear panels, there are just a bunch of tabs that hold them on (and two screws on the front). For both you just pop up with an interior removal tool, or very carefully with a flathead screwdriver. The fronts are a bit trickier as you have to deal with the door handle, but there is just a single cable connecting the cable to the handle. If you look closely at the mechanism, you can just pop the cable back out. Its a little harder to get it back in, just take your time and make sure the cable is routed properly. For the wires to the windows they're the generic pop in pop out tabs. The lock is also a little tricky, just also make sure it is in the proper position. This is MUCH easier to do with two people.

For the front seats there are four bolts, one on each corner of the rails, take all of those out, then there are at most two (depending which seats you have: heated, M-sport) electric connectors that come out, very easily and intuitively.

Just reverse the process to put everything back in, the only slightly difficult ones are the front door panels, but if you take your time and don't force anything they're really not that bad.

Good luck!
Thanks so much
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 12:34 AM   #4
dacosta135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

anyone know where to buy the coral red interior? thinking of purchasing that or just getting red racing seats that would look like a good fit
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
HomeIsToronto
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 128i

I was also thinking about changing my centre console (cupholders etc.) as it is all scratched and marked up, but it looks like it might be more of a hassle than it is worth. If anyone has changed it, any info on the difficulty and cost would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #6
Harry4
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 120i coupe

Interior trim

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying a 2011 120i coupe. it is immaculate inside the only problem is the interior trim is WHITE! way too much for me. The guy at the dealer said that they will respray it any colour I want.

Has anyone done this? Happy with results? also can anyone advise what the correct bmw colours are as I would like it original. Thinking silver or a titanium colour as the leather is black.

Any help much appreciated!
Cheers
Jono
Appreciate 0