BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

BMW CPO Extensions

Hi Folks,

After owning my 128i for about 9 months I regret that I will be trading it in for a CPO 3 series. My wife who is the primary driver of this car, wanted all wheel drive and something just a tad larger with a somewhat usable back seat. I truly LOVE this car and have not had one problem other than battery wearing out which dealers says was due to lack of use. They replaced battery under warranty and I took their advice and use the BMW Advanced Charger at least once a week. No problems since then.

Anyway.....I located a very nice clean 328xi from a BMW dealer that is CPO for almost two more years from now. I asked the salesperson about extending the CPO since I know that Mercedes allows this and she said that I could extend it from 1-3 more years. However, she said that to extend the CPO coverage it must be done while the car is STILL under the original CPO coverage.

Before I get any more details from my salesperson I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows how this works regarding cost, coverage, etc... Would this additional 1-3 year CPO extension coverage simply be a BMW used car warranty? I appreciate any insight that you may have. I have not yet paid for or picked up the car which they just got in a couple of days ago and is undergoing the certification process.

Thanks,

Ed
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

What is not covered?

Vehicle maintenance and upkeep

Maintenance services, adjustments, wheel alignment, balancing or rotation, wiper blade inserts, engine drive belts, spark plugs, filters, fuses, batteries, hoses and clamps, oil, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolant, brake pads, and rotors, brake shoes and drums, manual and SMG transmission clutch assemblies, suspension dampers, exhaust system (including cats), tires

Wear and tear

Flywheel, ring gear and clutch disc contact area, suspension bushings, control arms and brackets, ball joints, spring(sagging) bushings, stabilizer bars and links supports, trailing arms, wishbones, thrust struts, tie rods ends and adjusting sleeves, center tie rods idle and pitman arm, driveshaft flex discs(guido coupling).

Body and interior

paint, glass, headlamps bulbs, mirrors lenses, body and chassis, body seals and gaskets, door handles, brakes and checks, cupholders, interior and exterior trim, moldings and fasteners, upholstery, headliner, carpeting, floor and trunk mats, convertible top(except electrics) air or water leaks, wind or body noises, wheels, damage due to rust, corrosion or contamination.

Accessories(standard and optional)

Radio CD, multimedia/cassette players or multi-CD changer, telephone and systems, navigation systems, DVD players. Any components of the system noted above. All non original equipment parts, components or accessories.

Now, lets see...........The CPO stands for Crap Put Ontop. It does very little, so, go buy the car for the wife and don't worry about extending anything.
06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

Good points Cuz. Thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0