BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #1
arllc312mjf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Titanium Silver Met. and Grey Boston Leather -never heard anyone even think of it?

... All I keep reading about is Ti Silver with Coral Red, or Silver with Black Leather. I am not a Silver car person, normally that is. However, I don't think any other color pulls the 'lines' of the car out as does the Ti Silver...and I mean that in a good way. Now, why would the Gray Boston Leather not look pretty good on the 135i with the Silver?

I've only seen the Gray Boston Leather on a new M and I was surprised it looked pretty nice with the contrasts BMW used with the other interior colors. So, has anyone done this combination, if so, Please post some pics !! If not, do most people think these two colors wouldn't work. I think in a way it would be less 'offensive' than the red, and certinaly there is nothing fancy about the straight up black... lastly, it matches the exterior about as close as it gets... anyway, just some thoughts. Just one mans opinion.

Marty :w00t: or Not so...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

I personally don't like the gray interior. the reason - you are surrounded by a sea of gray (including the plastics). As if the winter months aren't long enough. Matching with silver, it won't look good. I would recommend the classic silver/black combination, or go with the 2-tone Terra or Savanna Beige.
      05-08-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMachine View Post
I personally don't like the gray interior. the reason - you are surrounded by a sea of gray (including the plastics). As if the winter months aren't long enough. Matching with silver, it won't look good. I would recommend the classic silver/black combination, or go with the 2-tone Terra or Savanna Beige.
I agree 100%.

I've seen the gray interior inside the black exterior, however, and that combination does seem to work for the gray, IMHO.

That said, I will never personally buy a car with a gray interior.
      05-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

I actually didn't mind being in a bmw with a grey interior. Grandparents have a 7 with grey and its quite nice. Exterior is a dark blue.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

I presently have a silver car with gray interior and it is exactly as people say, a sea of gray. That's why I'm going with the coral red.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #6
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I would not get the Grey with a Silver exterior personally, but I *did* get the grey interior with JB exterior. Why? It looks classy and is a very nice contrast. Plus, as a lighter color it is much cooler then the darker colors and I am getting a Vert :biggrin:. Also, on the Vert the headliner <retractable top> is black, so there is no "sea of grey" :w00t:

Other then that the Grey is a great color for someone that doesn't quite want the "BLING!" of the red colors.

p.s. For the record the grey on the website looks blue. Let me assure you it is not. It is a very light grey. I changed from Taupe to the grey after actually seeing it in person.
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Katera, your combo will look great, particularly as a convertible. (I mentioned the black/gray combo earlier, if you noticed.) :smile:
      05-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #8
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

My e36 MS was Daytona violet/Boston gray (or it's predecessor). 10 years with that car, the interior was easy to keep clean, and aged well without much fading.
I do think you need a dark exterior for gray leather. I've been in a Montego blue/Boston gray 335is, very classy.

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagMan View Post
Katera, your combo will look great, particularly as a convertible. (I mentioned the black/gray combo earlier, if you noticed.) :smile:

Ahh, I see it now :smile:
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 04:40 PM   #10
x97Melbourne
Molar World
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i Coupe

I just ordered the Ti-Silver with the red leather.....they had a 335 coupe with that combo on the lot....it is sweet. If you don't like the silver, look at the black exterior with the red interior....as long as you live close to a car wash...... Black is sweet.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #11
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x97Melbourne View Post
I just ordered the Ti-Silver with the red leather.....they had a 335 coupe with that combo on the lot....it is sweet. If you don't like the silver, look at the black exterior with the red interior....as long as you live close to a car wash...... Black is sweet.
NICE! :smile:
      05-08-2008, 05:23 PM   #12
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by x97Melbourne View Post
....as long as you live close to a car wash...... Black is sweet.

Funny, I have a 13 year old son that is my car wash. lol
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 03:58 AM   #13
gocal73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Get Gray if You Want

Quote:
Originally Posted by arllc312mjf View Post
... All I keep reading about is Ti Silver with Coral Red, or Silver with Black Leather. I am not a Silver car person, normally that is. However, I don't think any other color pulls the 'lines' of the car out as does the Ti Silver...and I mean that in a good way. Now, why would the Gray Boston Leather not look pretty good on the 135i with the Silver?

I've only seen the Gray Boston Leather on a new M and I was surprised it looked pretty nice with the contrasts BMW used with the other interior colors. So, has anyone done this combination, if so, Please post some pics !! If not, do most people think these two colors wouldn't work. I think in a way it would be less 'offensive' than the red, and certinaly there is nothing fancy about the straight up black... lastly, it matches the exterior about as close as it gets... anyway, just some thoughts. Just one mans opinion.

Marty :w00t: or Not so...
I've got two Artic Silver BMW's both with Gray interiors. The 3 has a two tone dove gray/medium gray thing going on. Looks good. The 5 has a medium gray interior. I like both of them. Silver and gray go together just fine. Just make sure to get what you want.
Appreciate 0