BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-15-2015, 09:59 PM   #1
02rsxpilot
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [10.00]
2013 Mini Cooper S  [0.00]
2002 Acura RSX  [0.00]
Thunderhill 5-Mile 3/30 Open Spots - Private Club!

Hey All,

I'm a member and advisor to the board of a local NorCal track club and we are headed to Thunderhill to run the 5-mile course on 3/30. This is a Monday. We currently have some open spots in our B (novice) group so I wanted to put this out there in case any local NorCal 1er/BMW owners were interested. The club would love to get some new drivers in to help fill out our B group (see notes at the bottom of this post).

Please PM me if you are interested. This particular event is only $210 (although it increases to $260 tomorrow) which is over $100 cheaper than the other clubs and you will receive five 30-minute sessions during the day. More track time for less money? Yes please.

The 5-mile track is a real blast, with the familiar front section favoring cars that can handle corners at high speed while the new back section is tight and twisty and favors cars with low end grunt (135i torque here is a big advantage!). Thunderhill is very forgiving which is why our club allows first timers here! Track driving is an inherently risky hobby but your car is about as safe as it can get at this track. If you haven't been to this track yet, it's fantastic and is only 2-3 hours from Sacramento or the Bay Area. Hotels the night before are cheap and you can even join us for a free pizza dinner the night before if you want to meet some other drivers.

You can only register for this event by being a guest of a member, so if you are interested you must PM me for more info!

Notes:
  • Snell SA or M 2005 or newer helmets are required
  • The club's "B" group uses point-by passing only, very good for new drivers
  • The club's "B" group is equivalent to other club's novice or advanced groups (it is not a beginner group but it is a good place to learn)
  • The club does not offer instruction persay, but guest drivers will be assigned a mentor who can help them learn the track
  • If you have 10+ days of experience, it is possible to register for the unlimited passing "A" group. Just let me know your experience level.

Feel free to ask any questions if I've missed something! (Note: I will be traveling most of the day tomorrow but I will do my best to respond to any PMs as soon as I can)