BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
DCD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Test drove a 135 on the weekend.

So after just seeing the 135 last week for the first time I took one out for a test drive on Saturday.

Wow the car is a lot of fun it's pretty damn quick (despite the one I was driving only having 60 km's on it when I took it out) but it's a deceptive speed. I think my Sti feels faster/more manic but the 135 just goes and all of a sudden you are in license loss territory without knowing it. The power delivery is just like a v8 no laggy nothing, then big kick in the arse like my Sti has. Just this big relentless wall of torque. Very nice and smooth it sounds great too!
I noticed the car is very long legged almost too long legged. It's quite fun rowing through the gears but this car doesn't require it at all.

It felt very planted and stable. It's very solid feeling for such a small car. Girlfriend loves it. Took it around to show my sister and another mate and they both commented that it was a really nice looking car. My mate was very impressed with the speed and comfort levels.

Oh yeah I love the steering wheel. It's so chubby. Fat little bastard :P Interior is great nice dash much nicer than my Sti and rear head room is great. The seats are comfy and supportive but could do with being narrower. I think if I was really pushing it they wouldn't suffice.

So yeah a great car I'm very happy with my choice, now I just have to wait until mine finally gets here. 6 weeks to go. I wonder if my dealer would mind if I came by and took their demo for a spin every weekend between now and then :biggrin: :biggrin:
I'm so keen to do something related to the car I went and ordered a stock CDV valve (using the part number I found on this site thanks again 1addicts!). I've also been pricing full stealth radar systems lucky I get those at cost
I'm considering ordering the CF wing now as well......

Oh man this car is going to end up expensive!
Appreciate 0