BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-05-2013, 03:54 AM   #1
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

ETS FMIC DIY help

Hi guys,

Was in the mid of doing the ETS FMIC install - all was going smoothly, until it came time to put the new ETS into place. There's a PDF floating around the web for the install which I've relied heavily upon, and also this link:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433930

which has been most helpful.

The problem is trying to fit the new intercooler into position - fitting the end tubes into the silicon hosing - they are damn difficult to fit. I've used lube, but still very difficult. Any tips on making the install any easier? I had to leave the job half done in my garage as it got too late.

Also, up from where the intercooler is meant to be seated, I noticed a rubber seal is not seating so well anymore - the ends stay into position, but the mid won't stay put. Should I be concerned? Should I order a new seal?

Any tips would be appreciated guys!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Advan fitted mine and a few others... Looked easy enough.... 30 mins. Shoot skycat a PM.

You need to get both sides on at same time.... Definitely a 2 person job
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I can get this done myself - I can't drive anywhere without any FMIC

Yeah, didn't realise it was do darn heavy.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #3
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

All done - managed to solo it. Success. Though a two man team will make for a much easier job.
Appreciate 0