BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Meguiars Ultimate compound

Just wanted to pass along my recent experience using Meguiars ultimate compound.

I noticed a light scratch on the lower part of my door that was very noticeable. Ran my finger across the scratch and it did not catch... so I new I could probably polish it out. I already had a tube of Meguiars Scratch X, so gave it a try. Did not do much of anything. Scratch was still visible. Now I'm worried...

Did some research online and read about Meguiars Ultimate compound and decided to give it a try. (Did not want to do wet sanding unless absolutely necessary)

Wow... after using MUC the scratch is 95% invisible.
Hope this helps others with the same blemishes as my 6 year old 135i has. Now I am planning to do the whole car before polishing with "Blackfire Wet Diamond".
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes

Last edited by PA135i; 04-07-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
cvandenhaute
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i, '19 Genesis G70

Thanks for sharing, I always thought I would try it if I have a scratch, I keep that in mind
      04-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
Helltime
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 135i sport package

I just used the same stuff on my car yesterday. I just purchased the car and I think the previous owner took it to the carwashes that touch the car so it had a lot of fade and fine scratching, now my arm is sore as hell today (did the car by hand) but it looks so much better, that stuff works great.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #4
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

Yeah, I just did my whole car also. It does require a lot of elbow grease. My arm was hurting too. It does a very good job of cleaning the paint. After that I hit it with Blackfire wet diamond and that stuff goes on a off easy.....
Sparkling Graphite Metallic / 6MT / Terracotta Boston Leather / Sport Package / Comfort Access system / Gray Poplar wood trim / Heated front seats / iPod and USB adapter / HD radio / Premium hi-fi system / OE Tuning / VRSF Intercooler & charge pipe / BMW Performance short shift kit / BMW M Performance Handbrake Handle / BMW Stainless steel pedals / V1 hardwired / rear sun shades Pennsylvania 20 electoral votes
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 09:18 AM   #5
Qunadry
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA135i View Post
Yeah, I just did my whole car also. It does require a lot of elbow grease. My arm was hurting too. It does a very good job of cleaning the paint. After that I hit it with Blackfire wet diamond and that stuff goes on a off easy.....
Malm's Chemical sells a tool called a Kolonsky applicator. I use it with the Ultimate compound and it makes the work a lot easier. You should also try the Ultimate paste wax. It seems to synergize with the compound. I have been using both since Meguiars's came out with them a few years ago. Best products I have ever used and I have tried a lot, most which were much more expensive.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

BF Wet Diamond is not a polish. It is a wax.
Meg's #205 is a polish that will finish down the hazing and micro-marring of UC.
After that, then you can do an alcohol wipedown to remove polish oils and finally apply BF wet diamond.

Good luck!